PDA

View Full Version : STi talk split from just lost to an STi

JAYMEZ
11-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Googe , how do you like your STi? have you got a chance to screw around with the DCCD

googe
11-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Googe , how do you like your STi? have you got a chance to screw around with the DCCD

Easily the best car that can still be reasonably practical. Yeah, the DCCD is really cool. I have only started using it since we have had snow. Move the dial down a little bit and you will be able to take slippery corners a bit faster. The extra rear bias will throw your ass out a little bit if you give it some throttle about halfway through the turn. Dont go too low though, or itll be harder to straighten out. Just play with it and see what works :D

I am patiently waiting for engine management...they said UTEC in time for christmas, but I have my doubts :(

JAYMEZ
11-25-2003, 01:03 AM
I tried the DCCD all the way to the front , lol now thats what i call fun haha

C4S
11-25-2003, 01:25 AM
DCCD ? what is it ? Dynamic something ? :D

googe
11-25-2003, 01:37 AM
driver controlled center differential

RickDaTuner
11-25-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by googe

Easily the best car that can still be reasonably practical. Yeah, the DCCD is really cool. I have only started using it since we have had snow. Move the dial down a little bit and you will be able to take slippery corners a bit faster. The extra rear bias will throw your ass out a little bit if you give it some throttle about halfway through the turn. Dont go too low though, or itll be harder to straighten out. Just play with it and see what works :D

I am patiently waiting for engine management...they said UTEC in time for christmas, but I have my doubts :(

Utec eh? i think when mine rolls in ill be Switching over to Excede (Sp) even though its just piggy back all your really leaving alone is the Throttle sensor, everything else is tunable beside its showing some nice numbers with just an exhaust upgrade, some were around 280-290 WHP with just piggy back, and it get rid of that annoying ping problem all the STi guys have been Dreading, any of you guys get your ECU's Flashed yet?well i havent heard much about Utec is it even out yet?

googe
11-25-2003, 09:24 AM
I havent heard of any pinging STIs in canada yet, even with our crappy gas.

No, UTEC isnt out yet, which is why I said Im patiently waiting for it and they said in time for christmas but I have my doubts :D

benyl
11-25-2003, 10:17 AM
I though we had better gas in Canada? I have driven to LA and back probably 15 times in the last 10 years and my milelage always got shitter the further south I went.

Some states even have 85 octane... Got a bad tank of gas in Utah and that nearly f'd up my oxygen sensors.

I know that in California, in the winter, they put alcohol in the fuel so that the cars run hotter so there isn't as much smog. You gas milage suffers though... They call in "winter gas".

Some guy in Winnepeg has an STi for sale... 9300km for $43,000

I am so tempted right now...

googe
11-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Well, in all states besides california, its not hard to find stations that carry 94 octane. Here, its very hard. Thats all I mean by crappy gas. They might have some worse, but its not hard to find good gas too :)

WTF? 43,000? Why the hell so cheap?!

What color? :D

benyl
11-25-2003, 11:07 AM
trying to find out the color... sent the guy a pm. For that price, I will fly out and pick it up... have some fun on the way back... I went to school in Regina for about 6 months... so I know where you can push it a bit... haha

If it is Silver or White... I think I will buy it!

Fuji
11-25-2003, 11:39 AM
STi is overrated :D

googe
11-25-2003, 11:43 AM
fuji is fired

rage2
11-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Fuji
STi is overrated :D
That's because yours is fake :D.

DCCD is really cool. I've got telemetry of an STi at race city while testing different DCCD settings, as well as different shift points. I rode a bunch of laps in the car, and u can really dial the understeer completely out of the car.

The STi can clock 1:29's on the roadcourse... bone stock on factory tires :eek:. Definately awesome bang for the buck.

C4S
11-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Some guy in Winnepeg has an STi for sale... 9300km for $43,000

Where ? autotrader ? could you show us the Adv ?
Dman ! done deal ! It is sold !
$ 10,000 saving in 6 months ! :D

googe
11-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by benyl
trying to find out the color... sent the guy a pm. For that price, I will fly out and pick it up... have some fun on the way back... I went to school in Regina for about 6 months... so I know where you can push it a bit... haha

If it is Silver or White... I think I will buy it!

Well, rumor has it the car is the color you are after, aspen white, and has the HIDs you were waiting for...philips too. And a great price. Judging by all your posts on the topic, I dont see you passing this one up, so contact him ASAP. This is an awesome deal :)

Enjoy your car!

2000impreza
11-25-2003, 12:14 PM
43k for a sti.. the guy is taking a 9k loss. lol. wonder why he's selling.

benyl
11-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Haha... yeah I checked NASIOC and I noticed it was white.

In the back of my mind, my mom is still telling me to buy a house first...

I sent the guy a PM and am just waiting for a response... although I just got another offer with less kms and less money... go figure. Different color though.

Buyers market I guess.

Problem is that I have to sell my car too... which means if I get a great deal on an STi... not going to get that good of a deal on my car...

Anybody want an Accord V6 for $21,000?

googe
11-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Just give your accord to one of the honda dealers and get the STi. You know you want it :)

Damn, I shoulda waited a month :)

max_boost
11-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Lots of STi's for $43K in Ontario :D

googe
11-25-2003, 12:58 PM
*plugs ears*

i cant hear you lalalala

Fuji
11-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2

That's because yours is fake :D.

DCCD is really cool. I've got telemetry of an STi at race city while testing different DCCD settings, as well as different shift points. I rode a bunch of laps in the car, and u can really dial the understeer completely out of the car.

The STi can clock 1:29's on the roadcourse... bone stock on factory tires :eek:. Definately awesome bang for the buck.

Why you always gotta hate? Man that is the last time I drive you home! Ungrateful fool!

;)

benyl
11-25-2003, 01:43 PM
*plugs ears*

i cant hear you lalalala

:rofl:

That is why I haven't booked my flight yet... I know there is another STi in Ontario that is going for 43K with 2100km. Only draw back is GST as it is at a dealer.

I have a feeling as the Christmas season draws near, more and more deals will pop up...

Even better is when everyone gets their bills in January... I am not going to buy a car I haven't driven yet. Don't suppose the Subaru dealer's will let me take a test drive without buying one eh?

Canada is a different market. After the first couple of months, car just sit on the lot. I remember when the PT cruiser came out. A friend of mine would buy 3 at a time and run them down to the states. Chrysler started making people sign a "do not export" paper. Now they have hundreds sitting on the lot that they can't sell.

I don't expect the STi to be like a Chrysler, but the reality is that once the market is filled the novelty wears off pretty fast. Case in point. I was looking at the 6-speed CL type S. They wouldn't let me test drive it unless I put a $5000 deposit down. 3 months later, when they weren't selling anymore, they handed over the keys and didn't even go with me.

Patience is a virtue (or self torture).

VWhooligan
11-25-2003, 01:49 PM

Well, rumor has it the car is the color you are after, aspen white, and has the HIDs you were waiting for...philips too. And a great price. Judging by all your posts on the topic, I dont see you passing this one up, so contact him ASAP. This is an awesome deal :)

Enjoy your car!

white sti with HID's in winnipeg? I know that guy unless theres more than 1 white sti with HID's in winnipeg... he had a white wrx before he got the sti

JAYMEZ
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
we'll i was reading that some married guys got STis and they had to sell them cuz the wife hated it and thought they would get them selves killed lol , its happened more than once.

So what you other STi guys got on for Winter rims and tires? I just picked up some ATA Rims and Pirelli tires (Winter Sport)

max_boost
11-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Guys, do me a favor and take me for a cruise your STi's whenever:thumbsup:

rc2002
11-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Just give your accord to one of the honda dealers and get the STi. You know you want it

can you do that? Don't you usually have to trade a dealer your car?

benyl
11-25-2003, 04:47 PM
nah, they will buy it from you... but you will take a pretty big hit.

Sai
11-25-2003, 04:58 PM
i saw a silver Sti by RCTS it was pretty good lookin, look fast too compared to the other models :P, this was just before winter came. The front hood scoop looks beasty :P

Tuner1
11-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by rage2

With an experienced racing driver at the wheel ;)

They are great cars, on my top 5 list for under $100k.

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

JAYMEZ
11-25-2003, 11:21 PM
I live under my front hood scoop lol

rage2
11-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32
With an experienced racing driver at the wheel ;)
haha obviously, I'm not gonna post a slow time :).