PDA

View Full Version : Weight allowed with a class 5 driver's license and air brake endorsement.

augusto
01-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Hello,

I would like to know what is the heaviest truck I can drive with a driver's license class 5 and my air brake endorsement. I was looking for it everywhere without success and I need that information for a special international driver's license, 'cause I can drive here a truck over 10 tons with my class 5 and endorsement but for the international license they say I'm a class 5, so I cannot drive a vehicle over 3500 kilograms.

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me with some information and if is possible written. Thanks in advance for your response.

dr_jared88
01-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't know if there is a weight restriction. You just can't drive anything other then single axel. Anything heavy heavy is more then likely double axel or more.

theken
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
You can drive all straight trucks

spikerS
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
i dont belive there is a weight restriction for class 5. hell you can drive a 24ft cargo truck (5 ton) with a class 5. i know there are also a few 7 ton trucks out there that are not tandem axle, but those are rare. anything heavier than 7 ton that i have encountered has always been a tandem axle vehicle in the back, which would require a class 3 or 1.

Jay911
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I have driven, and supervised others driving, up to 19,000 kilos on a single rear axle with a class 5 and air endorsement.

I'm not sure if the IDL has to follow exactly what your provincial license does, though. A really good place to ask would be the Alberta Motor Association (AMA/CAA).

augusto
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, the problem is that I asked already AMA about it, and they don't know. My problem is that I cannot get my international driver's license if it doesn't say I'm allowed to drive the same kind of truck i'm driving right now (5 ton, 2 axles). That's why I need something written on paper saying the weight I'm allowed to drive. It should be written somewhere, the problem is I don't know where...

sesuna
01-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).