PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Waterpark

swak
01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Im heading up to Edmonton friday afternoon to saturday late afternoon.

I kinda want to hit up the waterpark in WEM.
Is there any way to get cheap passes for this, would really not like to spend $30/person for this.

Or if someone has passes i could buy off them, that would be rad.

Thanks!

Spoons
01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Go with 3 other people and get the family pass. You don't really have to be a "family."

It works out to be $25. Bought the cheapest you are going to get. Don't go to one of the most expensive malls though if you think $30/person is too much.

Mitsu3000gt
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Those $20 coupon books that everyone seems to have kicking around but never uses always has 2 for 1 passes. It's worth the $30 though if you like slides and have a few hours to kill. And if you have a bad back stay away from Nessie's Revenge.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Best thing I ever did (In that mall) Was get really drunk and then hit that park. It was awesome. :thumbsup:

big A
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
The SUTP ( student union ticket pack) has a 2 for 1 coupon or another option is when you just arrive in Edmonton watch for the tourist information booth and go there and ask for a tourist book with coupons for the mall.

ekguy
01-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Best thing I ever did (In that mall) Was get really drunk and then hit that park. It was awesome. :thumbsup:

haha I've done it on something that definitely wasn't booze about 4 years ago during my party days. Also fun haha.

swak
01-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Don't go to one of the most expensive malls though if you think $30/person is too much.

Most expensive mall?

Its the biggest, but i dont think id consider it to be more expensive (shopping wise) than Market Mall or whatnot.

Im going to the comedy club there (reason for trip), and their prices seemed fair.
Waterpark is damn expensive though.

ekguy
01-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by swak

Most expensive mall?

Its the biggest, but i dont think id consider it to be more expensive (shopping wise) than Market Mall or whatnot.

Im going to the comedy club there (reason for trip), and their prices seemed fair.

It's not too bad really. They could charge more and people would pay it.

stealth
01-05-2010, 11:42 PM
If you need new swimwear, go to the store beside the waterpark entrance, they will give you a free pass with the swimwear you buy.

Although the shorts are usually $40.

swak
01-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Could be an excuse to buy new short ahahaha.. Thanks kiddo

oster
01-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by stealth
If you need new swimwear, go to the store beside the waterpark entrance, they will give you a free pass with the swimwear you buy.

Although the shorts are usually $40.

Thanks for the tip! Rather spend 40-50$ and have some new shorts to show for it!

Spoons
01-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by swak

Most expensive mall?

One of... not the most.

scboss
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
ahh going on a weekend might actually pretty bad because of line for the slides. I went on a wednsday last month and rode the slides at least 60-70 times because we were the only ones there. Do a canonball down the typhoon so fun!!

nagooro
01-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
ahh going on a weekend might actually pretty bad because of line for the slides. I went on a wednsday last month and rode the slides at least 60-70 times because we were the only ones there. Do a canonball down the typhoon so fun!!

I was there last saturday (jan 2nd), lines were definitely not as bad as I was expecting. Max wait was probably ~5 minutes, i think it was for the blue bullet, if thats even the right name.
Majority of the lines only had a few people in front of you. The yellow tube slide at the back of the waterpark was probably a 10min wait and pretty much sucked.