PDA

View Full Version : CDRA "Street" Class

ghostS10RT
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
The CDRA is maybe looking to add a "Street" Class to the offer the friday night Secret Street group an opportunity to race for points, cash, and an overall season championship.
We are looking for idea’s and input as to what structure people would favor.
Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
VP
CDRA

strong
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Sounds like fun! Any ideas on classes or what a Street car is? Very interested and would like to see some Bracket racing as it comes down to the driver rather then the car. Either way anything can happen and would be fun for the spectators as they could get into it as well.

disturbo
01-06-2010, 02:19 AM
These are a few lay outs how they do the racing with CSCS down in Ontario

Pro Compact

Sport Compacts Only
.400 Pro Tree

Heads Up
Open to any cars running 10.99 or faster

Bully All Motor

Sport Compacts Only
.400 Pro Tree

Heads Up
No Nitrous or forced induction. Must run

12.99 or faster to qualify

Super Street - Power Adder

Sport Compacts Only
.400 Pro Tree

Heads Up
This class features forced induction street

legal trim cars with mufflers. Forced

induction is compulsory. Must run 13.99 or

faster to qualify

Street Warz

Sport Compacts Only
.400 Pro Tree

Heads Up
This class features street legal cars running

no quicker than 11.50. This Heads Up class

was created to entice the true "street racer"

to compete for top bragging rights. Open to

all sport compacts.

Pure Street

Sport Compact Only

.400 Pro Tree

Heads Up
This class features street legal cars running

no quicker than 13.00. This Heads Up class

was created to compliment the Street Warz

class. Open to all sport compacts.

Bracket

Sport Compacts Only
Sportsman Tree

Bracket
Open to any cars running 7.50 - 19.99

Redlyne_jr
01-06-2010, 02:45 AM
interesting :poosie:

Sentry
01-06-2010, 03:11 AM
^^^ That layout looks pretty good.

strong
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Sounds like fun and makes want to finish both my cars now :burnout:

CUG
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Heads up is better racing.

disturbo
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Heads up is only good if your in the same class. A 15 sec car vs a V8 turbo heads up. you pick the winner

ghostS10RT
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Thank you for all the feed back.

We are currently looking at many options to so what we can put together for a street class.

Please, if you have any feed back on what would bring you come out and race at a event or for the season, feel free to post it up, PM, or you can email me:

[email protected]

Just to start things off:
-we are looking at a cash pay out for day winners and series winners. Dollar amounts are not confirmed.
-Saturday night events

Jason

jdmgt
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
i've done a few CSCS events at cayuga and i really enjoyed it. there was a lot of cars both fast and slow. They were very organized. You were able to change your bracket time when ever you wanted, best part was that you did not need a lot of money to run. As long as your consistant you could win.

I think if you are going to start something up at race city, best thing to do is make it a bracket class.

Mr_ET
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I don't think we currently have enough cars with the same level of prep and similar 1/4 mile times to make a heads up street class work.

This type of program could definitly spark folks to start building more cars for this purpose but for 2010, I think it would be more fulfilling for all racers to offer bracket racing.

beyond_ban
01-15-2010, 11:21 AM
The same class HAS TO BE heads up. Otherwise it is way to easy to sand bag it to get yourself the advantage.

Sentry
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
The same class HAS TO BE heads up. Otherwise it is way to easy to sand bag it to get yourself the advantage. Uhh wouldn't it be easier to sandbag if it were heads up? Bracket racing eliminates the point of sandbagging, unless you want to run a ton slower just to get it more consistent.

Not that I'm against heads up racing. I would rather it than a bracket series. :D

ghostS10RT
01-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Bracket racing clears out most if not all of the sand baggers.

Bracket racing is based on your dial in time. You get 2 passes to help you figure out what you want to dial in at (and yes you do get to change your dial in time if you want, after every round).

Example: Say your car runs a 12.50 and a 12.55.
The guy in the lane next to you runs say 11.90 and a 11.89.

You dial in at a 12.49.
He dials a 13.00.

Technically he is allowed to do that and to leave first. You leave .51 seconds after. At half track your competition is 3 car lengths ahead of you, this could play out in several ways:

1) the last few hundred feet he has to really hammer the brakes so that he doesn’t "break out". Now he is totally banking on how hard and how long to stay on the breaks so he gets close to his dialed in time without going over.

2) He says on the gas= breaks out.

3) because you are staying on the gas throughout the run just as you did in you first 2 qualifying passes, you know ( discounting any mis-shifts, wheel spin) that you are going to run very close to what is on your window, you may be closer, thus taking the win.

Bracket racing is about racing the track and yourself not the guy beside you. It also levels the playing field. Heck, I put a 8 second car on the trailer with a 12 second truck!

Sand bagging adds alot more variables into the racing.