PDA

View Full Version : Drug testing for a new job downtown?

b_t
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Couple quick Qs

a) Do big companies like Encana, CNRL, Shell drug test new employees that are working in their offices here in Calgary?
b) Piss test or spit test?

Also, why is a piss test so fucking unfair to pot smokers. I might just switch to crack.

JfuckinC
01-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I've never heard of an in office drug test myself? I do believe drug testing is more field oriented because of safety issues.. you should be just fine my man.

GQBalla
01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Couple quick Qs

a) Do big companies like Encana, CNRL, Shell drug test new employees that are working in their offices here in Calgary?

Also, why is a piss test so fucking unfair to pot smokers. I might just switch to crack.

Lots are doing drug testing now i believe its a piss test.

also depends what kind of position you hold there

b_t
01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I think either way I will have to quit like right now, on the off chance I get a job here and then am immediately transferred to a work site.. unless companies have come to their senses and have started doing spit tests instead of piss tests, which will only pick up weed for the previous ~2 weeks instead of 30-90 days

Dumbass17
01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
wtf is a spit test?

when i worked in an office a few years ago and was a regular toker, i got asked on a wednesday morning for a random opportunity to go to site on the coming monday (i smoked last on the tuesday)
i drank a ton of water the day i found out and then bought a bottle of whateverthehellit'scalled from bongs n such on macleod for like $50 that gaurantees you to pass the piss test. i did exactly as the instructions said and passed the test on the monday.

check it out, worth the money!

GQBalla
01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I think either way I will have to quit like right now, on the off chance I get a job here and then am immediately transferred to a work site.. unless companies have come to their senses and have started doing spit tests instead of piss tests, which will only pick up weed for the previous ~2 weeks instead of 30-90 days

yes you should, i suspect your going to be doin something with O n G. Which basically is goin to have drug testing 100 percent.

I know pipe line controllers get random drug tests and even breathalyzers when they come into work, they have to be at 0.

littledan
01-06-2010, 03:53 PM
if you do some research... urine tests actually only pick up thc consumed within the last week to 10 days. The reason for the 30 day myth is flawed clinical testing. these tests were originally conducted on people who had been to drug court and were required by law to abstain from smoking marijuana. of course they would go in for their test and claim they hadn't smoked for 4 weeks and would test positive. in actuality they had probably smoked only days earlier. quit for 10 days and drink lots of cranberry juice and you will be fine. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
think to yourself is it even worth the risk of losing your job though?

b_t
01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
think to yourself is it even worth the risk of losing your job though?

bang on the money

The job I have right now is fine but there is no reason for me to continue on because there are no opportunities here. So I gotta go somewhere else.. and I don't want to get through an interview and all that, in this economy, and then not get the job just because I couldn't stop smoking up for a couple months

GQBalla
01-06-2010, 04:10 PM
exactly, i know a few places do drug testing as the hiring process and than after its random.

but some places just do the initial hire drug test

b_t
01-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by littledan
if you do some research... urine tests actually only pick up thc consumed within the last week to 10 days. The reason for the 30 day myth is flawed clinical testing. these tests were originally conducted on people who had been to drug court and were required by law to abstain from smoking marijuana. of course they would go in for their test and claim they hadn't smoked for 4 weeks and would test positive. in actuality they had probably smoked only days earlier. quit for 10 days and drink lots of cranberry juice and you will be fine. :thumbsup:

everything I've read still says 1-3 months depending on your body type and frequency of use.. so I'm giving myself two months. I don't trust any of that detox shit, either

rage2
01-06-2010, 04:25 PM
They do drug tests for downtown O&G jobs? I thought one of the pre-requisites for these jobs is that you have to do coke haha.

GQBalla
01-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by rage2
They do drug tests for downtown O&G jobs? I thought one of the pre-requisites for these jobs is that you have to do coke haha.

LOL maybe for the execs ahahha

revelations
01-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Those are only for the corner office positions. :poosie: - and you have to PASS a coke test, ie have coke in your system.

JNeil
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Detox's work, a friend of mine had to do a random drug test for an airline at YYC and they gave him 3 days notice so he did a detox and passed.

It cost him around $100 though.

P.S. He still works there

Kloubek
01-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Just about eh? Almost everyone I know in the O&G field does coke. The stupid thing is that while it is by far more destructive than weed, it gets out of your system in a couple of days and doesn't register on the tests.

It's a fucked up system. But aren't they all....?

89coupe
01-07-2010, 04:43 PM

You are confusing O&G with Investment Bankers, 99% of them are coke heads.

HondaKid
01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Always a video to tell you what to do, from "The Office" USA:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/clips/drug_testing/116198/

bubbley
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
:rofl: No man you are not going to have to do a drug test for an office job in Calgary within OnG. If you are working out in the field then thats a different story but not for an office job 100% guaranteed, you must be really high righ now and trippin :rofl:

With that being said:

Mary J > Work

beyond_ban
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
Mary J > Work

Coke & Alcohol > Friends

spike98
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I am currently in a office position and i had to spit test. It was also done on site and not through some other company.

Why is it that stoners always whine about drug testing? Quit for a couple of months while your looking for work. Its easy....unless your addicted.....

bubbley
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by spike98
I am currently in a office position and i had to spit test. It was also done on site and not through some other company.

Why is it that stoners always whine about drug testing? Quit for a couple of months while your looking for work. Its easy....unless your addicted.....

interesting..is your job related to o/g?

sucks for all you stoners

spike98
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

interesting..is your job related to o/g?

sucks for all you stoners

No it isn't. It is however is a chemical plant. I have worked at a petrolium plant before this position and they also drug tested for maintaince and office positions.

I am assuming that they would be similar given the nature of the job with only the product being different.

JAYMEZ
01-07-2010, 05:25 PM

Hahah :werd:

b_t
01-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by spike98

Spit test is no big deal because it will only catch weed consumption over the previous 7-10 days.

Piss test is fucking stupid because the drugs that actually make someone a non-functional human being like crack, coke and meth are out of your system in a week or less and weed sticks around for 1-3 months.

I feel like I'm getting fucked over by the man, man. like, fuck man. all I want is a job so I can you know, buy shit, man.

I am going to quit. But I would rather not..

BigMass
01-07-2010, 05:51 PM

More like a ranging alcoholic. However it’s more socially acceptable to be a wife beating child abusing alcoholic who gets into bar fights than a pot head who stays at home and listens to Jimmy Hendrix on the weekend

sabad66
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Depends on the job. If you are going on site or anything they do it randomly. If you are strictlyin the office then you'll be fine.

I was Pretty paranoid when I got offered a job at a big OnG but I didn't end up having to take one.

I did a lot of research too but from what I gathered, thc metabolites are only in your system a maximum of 1 month (and that's if you're a 2-3 times a day toker)

Supa Dexta
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Talked to a couple pot heads the other day that had to piss before rigging for the winter. They got off for about a week before and passed.. One even smoked some of a joint 2 days before, hit the water and still passed. I was surprised knowing how chronic they are.

Feruk
01-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm an Engineer working for a big downtown O&G company. Tests are only done for field positions. I supose they can give you a test if they have 'reasonable cause' to suspect you're under the influence, but I doubt it's ever happened.

alloroc
01-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Just be glad they don't request hair samples.

scat19
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Military contract here - piss test once a year, no big. I don't smoke tho

Toilet_D
01-13-2010, 08:59 PM
i got tested at pcl, and i know sure as shootin i shouldnt have passed. i think thats because they know most of their crews depend on marijauna and alcohol just to make it through a goddamn workday on their projects.

troyl
10-13-2010, 05:50 PM
b_t or anyone have updates on the topic? I was under the impression that only safety sensitive positions could test.

JfuckinC
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
dude lay off for a week, never heard of any of my buddys getting fucked for smoking weed.

Cos
10-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

More like a ranging alcoholic. However it’s more socially acceptable to be a wife beating child abusing alcoholic who gets into bar fights than a pot head who stays at home and listens to Jimmy Hendrix on the weekend

Hey that is just stampede week.

And Christmas

And flames games

and fridays

and tuesdays

but it isnt that often.

TomKinley
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for giving me this superb information and yes that should be done though your job is risky through this.

Cos
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by TomKinley
Thanks for giving me this superb information and yes that should be done though your job is risky through this.

how did you manage to sign up

ryder_23
10-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Cos

how did you manage to sign up

July he signed up.

dirtsniffer
02-07-2011, 07:40 PM
so whats the word? a couple weeks and your system should be thc free? i havent smoked in over 2 weeks now, and my test isnt for 10 days.

so i should pass, rrrright? :confused:

5hift
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
From a previous thread on this ...

This is not my info, but thought I'd pass it on.

THC is fat soluble, and it gets stored in your fat cells. Cleaning it out of your lipid tissue is very difficult. Many herbal products claim to clean out your system, yet they do nothing to remove THC byproducts from fat cells. A study was done in Germany in 1993 on 50 of the most common herbs used by people trying to pass the test. All 50 herbs failed to cause a negative. Nothing herbal will help.

Regular intense exercise will be the best method at losing stored THC. That said this has to be planned as exercise increases the amount of THC metabolites in the urine; so quit exercising a week before the test. Be lazy, and eat big. This will put the body in an anabolic fat-storing stage. At this point, the "buried" THC metabolites won't escape and go the the urine.

They will also look at the color of your piss and your creatine levels to see if you have been trying to dilute your sample. If you eat a lot of red meat for the 3 days prior to the test, your creatine level will be normal even if you have been drinking more than normal, and it won't be as obvious that you've diluted your urine sample.

A high fiber diet will help by redirecting fat soluble metabolites to the colon rather than bladder. "THC is eliminated primarily in the stool via bile acids. Thus a person with a high fiber diet will excrete a majority of THC [metabolites] in the stool" . A fiber-based laxitive will also help by binding bile-acids.

Don't give urine from your first urination of the day. It's the dirtiest, and can be heavily filled with metabolites. Urinate a couple of times before giving a test sample. Also, don't give the beginning or end of the stream. Piss in the toilet, then quickly stop and go in the cup. Stop, and shift back to the toilet for the last portion. Only give a midstream sample.

Coles notes:

- Detoxifying kits are useless and detectable
- Intense regular cardio, stopping a week before test
- More water than normal, but dont go nuts
- Lots of red meat
- Lots of fiber
- Piss test as late in the day as possible.

Idratherbsidewayz
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
From a previous thread on this ...

This is not my info, but thought I'd pass it on.

THC is fat soluble, and it gets stored in your fat cells. Cleaning it out of your lipid tissue is very difficult. Many herbal products claim to clean out your system, yet they do nothing to remove THC byproducts from fat cells. A study was done in Germany in 1993 on 50 of the most common herbs used by people trying to pass the test. All 50 herbs failed to cause a negative. Nothing herbal will help.

Regular intense exercise will be the best method at losing stored THC. That said this has to be planned as exercise increases the amount of THC metabolites in the urine; so quit exercising a week before the test. Be lazy, and eat big. This will put the body in an anabolic fat-storing stage. At this point, the "buried" THC metabolites won't escape and go the the urine.

They will also look at the color of your piss and your creatine levels to see if you have been trying to dilute your sample. If you eat a lot of red meat for the 3 days prior to the test, your creatine level will be normal even if you have been drinking more than normal, and it won't be as obvious that you've diluted your urine sample.

A high fiber diet will help by redirecting fat soluble metabolites to the colon rather than bladder. "THC is eliminated primarily in the stool via bile acids. Thus a person with a high fiber diet will excrete a majority of THC [metabolites] in the stool" . A fiber-based laxitive will also help by binding bile-acids.

Don't give urine from your first urination of the day. It's the dirtiest, and can be heavily filled with metabolites. Urinate a couple of times before giving a test sample. Also, don't give the beginning or end of the stream. Piss in the toilet, then quickly stop and go in the cup. Stop, and shift back to the toilet for the last portion. Only give a midstream sample.

Coles notes:

- Detoxifying kits are useless and detectable
- Intense regular cardio, stopping a week before test
- More water than normal, but dont go nuts
- Lots of red meat
- Lots of fiber
- Piss test as late in the day as possible.

Thanks!

dirtsniffer
02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
i took a few different home tests and they all say my pee is clean:D

superboss
02-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Couple quick Qs

This is what you need to know! Trust me been there done that.

Flush kits are a hit and miss kinda deal, they test your specific gravity before they even administer the drug test. They can tell if you are cheating by just administering the specific gravity test. Color and even smell are major red flags to them, these people pride themselves on finding ways to fail you.

So drinking lots of water and trying to disguise the watery urine with vitamins wont work.

I have been in places now that do a body search to ensure you aren't wearing one of those urinator bladder deals(Fake pee) so getting that in is almost impossible.

The only true way to pass a drug test is to be abstinant, yes it sucks that cracks outta your system in like 3 days and weed(lesser of the evils) in like your system for 28 days.

28 days is the line, 28 days clean and you are good to go. Just to be sure, spend the $15 for a self thc test.

Good luck
:cry:

ExtraSlow
02-11-2011, 11:05 PM
I know of one O&G service company that tests its office staff, even the sales guys.
I've never heard of one of the producer companies testing, mine doesn't.

dirtsniffer
02-12-2011, 12:49 AM
28 days isnt the line. i smoked a fair bit of weed and was clean after less than 2 weeks. My buddy now has me worried about a hair test (instead of a piss test). but im pretty sure it will just be some pee

digi355
02-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Also, 2 of the bigger O&G companies have revised thier policys this year. Anyone deemed safety critical = random tests in the office. In our case, safety critical = anyone in operations.

ExtraSlow
02-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by digi355
Also, 2 of the bigger O&G companies have revised thier policys this year. Anyone deemed safety critical = random tests in the office. In our case, safety critical = anyone in operations. Which two? I work for one that's probably in the top ten, and we don't.

b_t
03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I gotta start taking this advice, I just quit my job and will be looking for something new.. time to hit that jump rope hardcore
I'm kinda wondering how a guy with a body type like mine (naturally very skinny, fast metabolism, barely any fat anywhere) stores his THC. maybe my system will be able to clear itself out easily in a couple weeks.

arian_ma
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Go to Grasscity.com, people there (apparently) regularly pass piss tests within 3 days of not smoking, drinking lots of water, and changing their diet a bit.

superboss
03-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Go to Grasscity.com, people there (apparently) regularly pass piss tests within 3 days of not smoking, drinking lots of water, and changing their diet a bit.
Ah. i dont know about that... Still a bit of a gamble!!!! If you want the job, stop smoking.. Last thing you want is to fail the piss test and not get the job.. Yeah good luck trying to get re-hired by that company again..

NOTE TO EVERYBODY.. Did a piss test last week at Daltec (Glenmore Prof building) and the bitches there are hardcore, Police dont even pat you down that much.. They will fry anyone they can...

J-hop
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by superboss

Ah. i dont know about that... Still a bit of a gamble!!!! If you want the job, stop smoking.. Last thing you want is to fail the piss test and not get the job.. Yeah good luck trying to get re-hired by that company again..

NOTE TO EVERYBODY.. Did a piss test last week at Daltec (Glenmore Prof building) and the bitches there are hardcore, Police dont even pat you down that much.. They will fry anyone they can...

this, although I respect everyone's right to indulge in a bit of the green if they want, if weed has a choke hold on your life enough that you wouldn't even give it up for a job then I feel kinda bad.

I don't smoke pot, but I drink, and if a place said I had to abstain from drinking any alcohol in order to keep/get a job, I would drop drinking in a second. I wouldn't say a job should run your life but it's a much more important part of your life than a joint or a beer is (at least in my life, I obviously can't speak for everyone).

Just food for thought if your having trouble kicking it to get a job!

sabad66
04-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Found this on reddit.. seems like good advice.

http://i.imgur.com/DhCYc.png

Crymson
04-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I find it interesting that the Human Rights Comission has stated that unless there is a demonstratable safety reason, drug testing is a no no.

http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/pdf/poldrgalceng.pdf

gymrat
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

Lots are doing drug testing now i believe its a piss test.

also depends what kind of position you hold there

gymrat
04-11-2011, 12:39 PM
If you have a drug test buy a product called Q CARBO (its actually a detox. It works it only takes 12-24 hours. The company used to have a $10,000 if you failed a drug test, because they promoted it as a "pass any drug test" health canada made em take that off.

gymrat
04-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Coke & Alcohol > Friends

gymrat
04-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I no of a product called Q carbo,phone a health food store, its a detox I know its worked for more then a few people. The co. Used to call it for drug tests, health canada made rm take that off

gymrat
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by gymrat
I no of a product called Q carbo,phone a health food store, its a detox I know its worked for more then a few people. The co. Used to call it for drug tests, health canada made rm take that off

Tik-Tok
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
You know,

Tik-Tok
04-11-2011, 01:03 PM
you can

Tik-Tok
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
post more

Tik-Tok
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
than one