PDA

View Full Version : strange world tattoo

rollinv4l
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I am just wondering if any members on here have any tattos done by strange world tattoo, if so how was the quality and can you post some pictures,

GQBalla
01-06-2010, 04:58 PM
brett schwindt all the way.

he did James tex full arm sleeve.

used to be at smiling buddha till he opened Strange World.

[GaGe]
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
last time i checked, the wait for brett schwindt was almost a year haha

i got one tatty done at smilin buddha and another at strange world, strange world did a better job and was way more relaxing IMO

shakalaka
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
If you're open to artists and still looking around check out James Jacobs at Bushido Tattoo. He just did mine and he's a great artist and a great guy.

TimeAttack
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
If you're open to artists and still looking around check out James Jacobs at Bushido Tattoo. He just did mine and he's a great artist and a great guy.

Useless info without pics to prove this.

;)

shakalaka
01-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TimeAttack

Useless info without pics to prove this.

;)

http://www.bushidotattoo.com/james.html

Vdubbin
01-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Done by Rick at Strange world. Great experience.http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/raptor_20/tat.jpg

rollinv4l
01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
i was considering gettiing rick to do mine, How long did that back piece take to get done.

Vdubbin
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by rollinv4l
i was considering gettiing rick to do mine, How long did that back piece take to get done.

it was about 12 hours of work with all the detail. He's a great artist. But I'd never have got it done if I'd have know how painful the spine and shoulder blades are to do.

shakalaka
01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Vdubbin

it was about 12 hours of work with all the detail. He's a great artist. But I'd never have got it done if I'd have know how painful the spine and shoulder blades are to do.

Agree with you there mine comes on my spine and some of the shoulder blades (although not as much as yours does) and hurt like hell! Today I went back for touch ups and it hurt like hell!

z24_wheels
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Heather Mclean at Strange World did my work. I would happily get another piece by her. Check out HBOMB.ca to look at her art.

BlackRadon
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
man it all hurts. i got a peice on my calf. 7 hours of full color. i almost gave up but stuck in there. I could imagine the back and spine. ffs. I am planning on getting another tattoo pretty soon. Another robot. lol. maybe a audi or benz one this time...i already have a VW one.

That.Guy.S30
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
heather is very artistic. great artist

Bizzareo
01-06-2010, 08:55 PM
:thumbsup:

Almost all my friends have gone to strange world, that place is the bomb.

Make sure you have money for touch ups, and fading!

shakalaka
01-06-2010, 09:49 PM
My touch up was completely free, think Bushido provides free touch ups. I didn't even know that you have to pay for them?

liquidboi69
01-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Rick Wilson:
Comparison here; http://liquidboi69.deviantart.com/

Graham_A_M
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah Strange World is fantastic. I can't wait to go there for a full torso job. They do incredible work. :D

theken
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
mike peace @ strange world. love him

meed
01-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by theken
mike peace @ strange world. love him

Yup! +1 for Mike. He even touched up some work that another artist did for me. Really nice guy

JC522
01-07-2010, 02:48 AM
mike peace is at strange world now? He used to be at bushido right? He did my buddy's arm he does pretty good work

jahobo
01-08-2010, 12:41 AM
i actually got strictly both my entire spine and my right shoulder blade done, i found the wrists to be more uncomfortable than the spine and the blade but not painful.

maybe its because i'm a girl, the people i generally talk to say that girls find tattoos less painful than guys do.

Shlade
01-08-2010, 12:53 AM
another girl on beyond?

wow

shakalaka
01-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by jahobo
i actually got strictly both my entire spine and my right shoulder blade done, i found the wrists to be more uncomfortable than the spine and the blade but not painful.

maybe its because i'm a girl, the people i generally talk to say that girls find tattoos less painful than guys do.

I have always heard that girls have more tolerance to pain generally anyway? I think it's naturally in built cause you have to endure much more painful things than guys ever do.

Bizzareo
01-08-2010, 02:20 AM
My touch up was completely free, think Bushido provides free touch ups. I didn't even know that you have to pay for them?

Its more just insurance, or if you want to add something to it. I believe you get a certain amount of time then you pay a small fee. Plus having extra set aside for things like this means it can be just a little better. Or you can get a freaky piercing (like the space between your balls and asshole :eek: ) after the tattoo is over :D

Trini
01-08-2010, 09:43 AM

:werd:
I always thought most places would give you a free touch up within a certain time period of getting the ink done.

PhoenixDoll
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM

I found my elbow area to be more annoying than wrist.. haha. The inner elbow area was a bitch. My spine, back, and half of my leg was perfect.. I fell asleep during most of it.. haha.

I'm a girl too, and most of my girl friends who have gotten tattoo's have said the same thing though. Most my guy friends just complain.. haha.

jahobo
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixDoll

I found my elbow area to be more annoying than wrist.. haha. The inner elbow area was a bitch. My spine, back, and half of my leg was perfect.. I fell asleep during most of it.. haha.

I'm a girl too, and most of my girl friends who have gotten tattoo's have said the same thing though. Most my guy friends just complain.. haha.

haha same, my girlfriends say the same thing too and the guys whine about it.

im really scared because im getting my ribs done next and i put that off for about 2 years now.

anyone have any idea about the pain level of ribs?

PhoenixDoll
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM

haha same, my girlfriends say the same thing too and the guys whine about it.

im really scared because im getting my ribs done next and i put that off for about 2 years now.

anyone have any idea about the pain level of ribs?

Its annoying really.. but tolerable if you can stand it. My best friend took a few months break.. mind you he is a guy, and its still unfinished a few years later.. haha.

I have a rib piece going on as well, so I'm mentally preparing..

shakalaka
01-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Ribs are supposed to be the worst, from what I've heard. You can always use that thing called Emla or whatever? Can't personally vouch about how well it works, but I've heard people that have you've used it and say it helps a little. Although it doesn't make you completely immune to pain, they say, it does help a little.

l/l/rX
01-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Its annoying really.. but tolerable if you can stand it. My best friend took a few months break.. mind you he is a guy, and its still unfinished a few years later.. haha.

that artist must be really annoyed...just imagine having all this unfinished work out there, but you would really like to get it done to show it off to the rest of the world. Just saying :)

PhoenixDoll
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

that artist must be really annoyed...just imagine having all this unfinished work out there, but you would really like to get it done to show it off to the rest of the world. Just saying :)

Not my tattoo, its his. I could care less honestly. I tend to finish all my work when its started.

The artist that started his rib piece is a friend of his. Generally its up to the customer if they want to finish it or not, but I can understand if an artist gets annoyed with an unfinished project.

jahobo
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Ribs are supposed to be the worst, from what I've heard. You can always use that thing called Emla or whatever? Can't personally vouch about how well it works, but I've heard people that have you've used it and say it helps a little. Although it doesn't make you completely immune to pain, they say, it does help a little.

never heard of it before but i'll look into that, if anything i just gotta grin my teeth and just go get it.

jahobo
01-08-2010, 04:14 PM

hopefully more annoying than painful.

good luck with your piece!