PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Access

BigShow
11-25-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm trying to make a macro to do a 'msgbox' action, however the message box where I want to type the text to alert the user is very small and won't let me go down to the next line, every time i press enter it closes the window...anyone familiar with access that can please help me? thanks.

Blue Devil 2
11-25-2003, 11:52 PM
:confused: I wish I knew myself, I'm making a switchboard.

CanadianFC
11-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Make a form with the msg on it using a label, design the form to look like a msg box. Create the macro to open that form.

sexualbanana
11-26-2003, 02:07 AM
God I hate access. I'm done most of it, I just have to pretty it up.

rc2002
11-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Try ctrl+enter.

I know that whenever you have a text box you can start a new line by hitting ctrl+enter.

But if it's a message box, how many words are you trying to fit into the message box? If you make one in visual basic then you can fit hundreds of words in. To make a message box in VB, go to the class module and type something like:

Private sub somefunction()
Dim strmsg As String
strmsg = "Type anything you want here. This is your message. " _
& "It's neater if you use syntax like this so everything shows on one screen (use the & and _)."
MsgBox strmsg
exit sub

roopi
11-26-2003, 10:05 AM
is there a single-line or multi-line option?

CanadianFC
11-26-2003, 09:39 PM
Which one of yous are harrassing me in the clubs office @ Uni? :banghead: :banghead: :D :D
If this is for Mgis317, don't worry too much about it.
The moment you step into the event module and play with the VB stuff you're going beyond the scope of what is required of you.

If the database works then you'll get your marks. As long you have your M to M relationship, and if you have your queries, 2 of them it's good. I don't think i've ever seen anyone get less than 95 percent on their presentation.

BigShow
11-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the help richardchan2002 !!

:thumbsup:

rc2002
11-26-2003, 11:29 PM
I hope it helped. Let me know if you have any other problems.

If you're in MGIS317 Doesn't sound like it's required, but it will definitely work. If you haven't figured it out from my crappy instructions and still want to know just for future reference then PM me.