PDA

View Full Version : New Audi A8 W12!

R-Audi
11-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Jeez, W12? Sounds pretty good, with the 400+hp!!!Link to Audiworld! (http://www.audiworld.com/news/03/112503/) :hitit:

R-Audi
11-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Here's a pic of the front end, I like it!

Ben
11-25-2003, 11:56 PM
heh, the brother of the Phaeton

C4S
11-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Ben
heh, the brother of the Phaeton

Sigh .. nowaday car business.. BENZ-Chrysler ..
VW-Audi

VW-Porsche

Ford-Volvo-Jag

and many many more " twins" car ... :(

so . have to get a Rolls for Ture Luxury ?
A Ferrai for a Turth Sports ?

By the way, I think this new VW A8 (oops.. Audi ? ) looks nicer then the Audi (oops.. VW) Phaeton...

Moe Man
11-26-2003, 12:19 AM
watch out 7 series :guns: volks is comming :whipped:

That.Guy.S30
11-26-2003, 12:22 AM
wrx-new saab 9-3 i believe

James
11-26-2003, 01:17 AM
They have 2 phaetons at 5th aveauto haus right now if anyone wants to check them out, ( took a seat in both of them, played around with some of the gadgets)....simply amazing cars!!. One is a silver V8 and the other is a black W12! :drool:....I cant wait to see someone slam one of thses things on 22's! :bigpimp:

pinoyhero
11-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Looks pretty mean.

hjr
11-26-2003, 10:06 AM
i personally dont like that grill. cool engine but i have to agree with C4S, the phaeton is definetely more appealing.

R-Audi
11-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Personally, I would have a harder time justifying spending that much on a VW, although underneath it all, the A8 and Phaeton are quite close. I guess same thing can bve said for the SLK owners, they could go cheapoer and buy the Crossfire, but Mercedes Sounds better........

A_3
11-26-2003, 06:05 PM
It's worth it though man, the new VW's are amazing vehicles, vw's trying to expand i like it!

/////AMG
11-26-2003, 06:13 PM
:drool: :drool: Loving it, the interior is nice too, looks amazing

R-Audi
11-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by A_3
It's worth it though man, the new VW's are amazing vehicles, vw's trying to expand i like it!

I know VW is trying to expand, but at the same time, Audi is trying to brand itself as the Sporty Model, which personlly I would rather have. Most of my motivation lies in Quattro though, (trying not to sound Audi/VW Snobbish) after driving a car with it, I hate driving without it! (Parents/Brothers cars)

GTi-RS
11-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by C4S

Sigh .. nowaday car business.. BENZ-Chrysler ..
VW-Audi

VW-Porsche

Ford-Volvo-Jag

and many many more " twins" car ... :(

so . have to get a Rolls for Ture Luxury ?
A Ferrai for a Turth Sports ?

By the way, I think this new VW A8 (oops.. Audi ? ) looks nicer then the Audi (oops.. VW) Phaeton...

Porsche-VW-Audi has been together for a loooong time. Not to mention a dozen other names now owned by VW. (Seat, Lamborghini, and others)

turboMiata
11-26-2003, 11:23 PM
It's priced at 112K euros, that's going head-to-head with the S600 and 760Li. I like the styling on the S600 better. Will have to see this in person.

rogue
11-26-2003, 11:47 PM
i was talkin to the guys at 2 reputable vw dealerships in calgary and they agreed that anyone who would spend $128 000 on a vw has way to much money and no idea how to spend it. VW does not equal status symbol so why spend that much on it. It looks like a huge passat. Granted the interior is nice and the rear leg room is crazy but to justify $128000 on lots of leg room and a w-12 engine is ridiculous. They are trying to compete with audi fans for sales, HOW STUPID IS THAT. Audi a8 at least has class and distinction when you add all those zeros to the price tag. Not trying to hate on vw but stick to what your good at, Affordable reliable german engineering.

Ben
11-27-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by rogue
Not trying to hate on vw but stick to what your good at, Affordable reliable german engineering.

Exactly, so why not try something else, they have the $$$ to experiment. They want to branch out, you dont change public image by sitting on your ass doing nothing about it.

R-Audi
11-27-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Exactly, so why not try something else, they have the $$$ to experiment. They want to branch out, you dont change public image by sitting on your ass doing nothing about it.

Thats a pretty expensive experiment! So many other cars to build!Anyone seen the little roadster? (One of the latest Road and Track I believe)
Its tough to change a brand image though, VW has always been affordable quality, where as Audi has always been known by its racing heritage, therefore pushing a Sporty image. I think its good to expand (ie Tuareg) but trying to change a brand image is a fairly large task. If VW doesn't know where they stand product image wise, how can they expect consumers to know?
Not a great idea IMO

Ben
11-27-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi

Thats a pretty expensive experiment! So many other cars to build!Anyone seen the little roadster? (One of the latest Road and Track I believe)
Its tough to change a brand image though, VW has always been affordable quality, where as Audi has always been known by its racing heritage, therefore pushing a Sporty image. I think its good to expand (ie Tuareg) but trying to change a brand image is a fairly large task. If VW doesn't know where they stand product image wise, how can they expect consumers to know?
Not a great idea IMO

Actually they do know where they stand, and they want to stand in front of lots of things, such as owning Lambo, Bugatti, Bently, Rolls, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche etc. They like to experiement and try new things, hell, I say let them, cant see anything damaging to the consumer coming of it.

rogue
11-27-2003, 01:21 AM
they have one at fifth ave auto haus (now on meridian rd near charles english suburu not on 5th ave) the car is nice, I would say about $65 000 nice not $128 000. Yea it is ok to try to change image but they have a unique niche in the market as the ONLY affordable german auto and they might just price themselves out by going after bimmer and benz. Not to mention the only customers they will steal is audis so how are they gonna profit from this. I dont know or think there is a benz or bimmer owner who would "upgrade":D to a VW. The only people who would get this car are people who drive volkswagons and they are the ones who cant afford it. As of today only 2 have been tentativly sold in North America and rumor has it that our own mayor Dave Bronconnier might be getting one so maybe he will throw some dub duece on the bad boy. :rofl:

Ben
11-27-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by rogue
they have one at fifth ave auto haus (now on meridian rd near charles english suburu not on 5th ave) the car is nice, I would say about $65 000 nice not $128 000. Yea it is ok to try to change image but they have a unique niche in the market as the ONLY affordable german auto and they might just price themselves out by going after bimmer and benz. Not to mention the only customers they will steal is audis so how are they gonna profit from this. I dont know or think there is a benz or bimmer owner who would "upgrade":D to a VW. The only people who would get this car are people who drive volkswagons and they are the ones who cant afford it. As of today only 2 have been tentativly sold in North America and rumor has it that our own mayor Dave Bronconnier might be getting one so maybe he will throw some dub duece on the bad boy. :rofl:

ONLY 65k nice?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, research the features in the car before you type, this thing directly competes with S Class's and Jags.

hjr
11-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Ben
... such as owning Lambo, Bugatti, Bently, Rolls, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche etc. sorry to burst ya bubble, but....
- Rolls Royce is not a VW company. i believe they have an affiliation with BWM butim not sure. Your right about Bently though.
- Porsche is it's own company. Affilitated with VW (platform sharing) but not a subsidiary.

Ben
11-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by hjr
sorry to burst ya bubble, but....
- Rolls Royce is not a VW company. i believe they have an affiliation with BWM butim not sure. Your right about Bently though.
- Porsche is it's own company. Affilitated with VW (platform sharing) but not a subsidiary.

VW Bought Rolls Royce's factories and technology and all that good stuff, unfortunatly they did not buy the name (BMW did) but yes, VW does own what used to be ROlls Royce, so thanks for that.

Also, yes, Porsche is basically a VW company, for all intents and purposes of the post at hand what I wrote is perfectly fine.

hjr
11-27-2003, 01:11 PM
fair enough, but upon reading your post agian i dont think you need to be snippidy... I am right, your only semi right...

T5_X
11-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
wrx-new saab 9-3 i believe

Actually, its called the saab 9-2.
And guess what, saab is bringing out an SUV based on the fucking Envoy... what does that make, like 6 versions of that fucking thing? :rofl:

That.Guy.S30
11-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by T5_X

Actually, its called the saab 9-2.
And guess what, saab is bringing out an SUV based on the fucking Envoy... what does that make, like 6 versions of that fucking thing? :rofl:

haha close enough.. i think the 9-3 is the convertable right?
yea whatever the 9-2 is just goin to be an overpriced wrx.. might as well just pick up an STI

damn GM all they do is take their cars/engines and put it in other bodies
ie. Cadillac CTS V/XLR (corvette), SAAb and the envoy, SAAb wrx..