PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a 2009/2010 GTR in the N.W Calgary area?

Freebs
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I am posting this for my dad as he is torn between an Audi and a GTR. Now he has taken a few Audi's for test drives but the GTR is a bit different. We did go to Stadium Nissan to see the GTR they have in the show room but no chance of taking it for a test drive or even ride, so I thought I would see if anyone on here would take him for a drive in one just so he can get a feel for it (just as a passenger)

Even if he can’t get a ride he is wondering a few things

- Is the steering a light or heavy feel? He says the Audis have a light feel to it

- And just the get up and go will feel like/handling of the car

he is looking to replace his 2002 Trans am with this for his daily driver and it has 400rwhp so he knows it going to be faster but he just wants to feel how much faster.

Thanks guys and feel free to PM me about this

streethondas
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
GTR is the way to go :drool: just watch the top gear for the GTR..

E36M3
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Any Audi street car (including the R8s) will be very loose compared to the GTR in both steering and suspension. The GTR is very adjustable, from quiet soft and low steering effort to very hard and very responsive.

It is very quick, but really comes alive in full R mode. With the default settings, it is as easy to drive as a Camry and quite compliant.

The interior on any comparable Audi is a lot more luxurious and doesn't have the boy racer feel that the GTR has, but you can get a feel for that by looking at it in the dealership.

bubbley
01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
are the r8 and gtr $ comparable?

if so,

r8 > gtr

psycoticclown
01-08-2010, 09:19 PM
A buddy of my friend owns a GTR and he lives in Dalhousie so I'll give him a shout and see if you can go take a look at it.

pf0sh0
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Which audi?

Freebs
01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Which audi?

S5.. not quite the power of the GTR i know but he is looking at spending in the $85,000-$90,000 range and talking to a dealership in the states they said $90,000 CDN with all taxes and everything in would be doable... not sure if this is because their economy is slowing down or what but they said it can and will be done if we want to go a head with the offer

Freebs
01-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
A buddy of my friend owns a GTR and he lives in Dalhousie so I'll give him a shout and see if you can go take a look at it.

Thank you.. Also he has seen one and sat in one, but is looking for a test ride in one just to sit passenger and see how it feels. Also we are just up in arbour lake..

dj_rice
01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I haven't driven an R8 but I've driven a GTR and for a daily driver, I don't like the transmission and how the clutch is direct on or off. There isn't any play in between. So its very "jerky" for stop and go traffic I think. Otherwise :thumbsup: it pull and screams like a bat outta hell

Freebs
01-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I haven't driven an R8 but I've driven a GTR and for a daily driver, I don't like the transmission and how the clutch is direct on or off. There isn't any play in between. So its very "jerky" for stop and go traffic I think. Otherwise :thumbsup: it pull and screams like a bat outta hell

It does take a little bit to get use to I know this much as I have a 2008 Evo X MR with the dual clutch transmission which is the same as the GTRs (just different gears/materials) and at first it was jerky when I was using it in manual mode until I got use to it and in Auto mode it is sometimes jerky but only when cold I find. Once is warms up I find it to be very smooth and not that bad.

kwazy
01-09-2010, 01:43 AM
"- Is the steering a light or heavy feel? He says the Audis have a light feel to it

- And just the get up and go will feel like/handling of the car"

1) The steering wheels is lighter than BMW but around the same or prob a bit stiffer than audi's (I had a S4 before)

2) The handling of the car is awesome, everything is a comparison. You point it into a corner, and it goes in without any drama making the driver look like a pro even if he's only an amateur, comparing that to a car like the Carrera GT, its really easy to drive fast around the track.

With some light mods you can easily get the car to around 500-540whp depending on the mods. My GTR right now is at around 600whp.

The transmission when compared to the F430 or LP560 is not as good in slow traffic because it does feel a bit clunky but compared to the Maserati it's light years ahead. At high speeds, its way better than the F430/LP560. So it really depends what type of driving your dad does more. The one thing that annoys me about the GTR (like most turbo cars) is when you are accelerating out of a corner at track, although there isn't much turbo lag, there is a surge of mid-range torque so you really have to feather the throttle when your going in hot.

The performance on the GTR is in the best bang for buck out there. After my mods, I have to say it's within the top 1% of cars out there in terms of performance. If you've driven the EVOX or 335xi it feels very similar but way faster and the handling is even better.

dj_rice
01-09-2010, 01:46 AM
^^

Are you a millionaire?What do u do for a living?Thats an extensive list of cars there

Stealth13
01-09-2010, 11:20 AM
^^

Are you a millionaire?What do u do for a living?Thats an extensive list of cars there

word, like 7 cars??

black13
01-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Dude couple houses down has a red one. But I'm pretty sure it's in winter hibernation mode. Fucking beauty it is and the sound is damn pleasest to hear even at 3 am.

max_boost
01-09-2010, 12:58 PM
^^

Millionaire? haha Maybe 20X over haha

Definitely not your typical Beyond member list of cars in the sig haha :drool: :burnout: