PDA

View Full Version : Hair regrowth

Supa Dexta
01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a full head of hair, but I just saw one of the million commercials on tv about hair loss, and how to get it back , and it made me realize; I don't think I know anyone who has ever grown hair back..

Besides Michael from 'The Office'...

Anyone ever need it/use it/ know someone?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009VBTP0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/061010/202120__steve_l.jpg

:dunno:

G-ZUS
01-09-2010, 02:46 PM
It's all hype and garbage, the only true way is hair transplants. Some people swear by Rogaine and Propecia.

tobypaddock
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
propecia does work, worked for my bro - i will probably need it soon.

it slows/stop more hair from falling out in most people and some people do actually re-grow a bit of hair too - ur not going from bald to Fabio tho - too late, transplants are the only option

HiTempguy1
01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by tobypaddock
propecia does work, worked for my bro - i will probably need it soon.

it slows/stop more hair from falling out in most people and some people do actually re-grow a bit of hair too - ur not going from bald to Fabio tho - too late, transplants are the only option

MY father tried LOTS of stuff as he started getting a wicked back bald spot when he was around 30-ish. It definitely hlped, but the bald spot is still there (just not as bad).

Dumbass17
01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
i think it's all a scam, TBH

Neil4Speed
01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
If your young, Laser hair follicle stimulation worked for a friend of mine. It was actually quite amazing, he started going when he was about 19, about a year later he has a pretty good head of hair.

I have good hair (and good hair genes) but use Nioxin on a regular basis to make sure I retain it.

Just to correct out some balding folklore, from wikipedia:

"You inherit baldness from your mother's father."

* Previously, early baldness of the androgenic type was thought to be sex linked dominant in males and to be sex linked recessive in females.
* Research suggests that the gene for the androgen receptor, which is significant in determining probability for hair loss, is located on the X chromosome and so is always inherited from the mother's side.[24] There is a 50% chance that a person shares the same X chromosome as their maternal grandfather. Because women have two X chromosomes, they will have two copies of the androgen receptor gene while men only have one. However, research has also shown that a person with a balding father also has a significantly greater chance of experiencing hair loss.

p_chan
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
are you gay? man up and accept that you may be losing hair.

Supa Dexta
01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
:facepalm: Hey a quick troll! nice edit faglips.

p_chan
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Oooohh my hair!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

p_chan
01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
OP is a fucking pussy bitch. Nice flag in your avatar you dirty weasel.

p_chan
01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Here is a link for the bitch OP

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hair+loss+prevention

A790
01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by p_chan
Here is a link for the bitch OP

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hair+loss+prevention
Enjoy your time off from beyond, you worked hard for it!

bignerd
01-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I use to work with someone that was very bald-they went to two doctors and lied to each and got two prescription medicines to help re-grow hair. There was some re-growth but it made him impetent he said, although all he cared about was the hair.

G-ZUS
01-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
I use to work with someone that was very bald-they went to two doctors and lied to each and got two prescription medicines to help re-grow hair. There was some re-growth but it made him impetent he said, although all he cared about was the hair.

Yeah it makes your member not stand up anymore, really scary.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
01-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Yeah it makes your member not stand up anymore, really scary.

That's fucked.

I got a receding hair line (gettin bad) Will propecia and rogaine help undo this? I am 21

A790
01-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

That's fucked.

I got a receding hair line (gettin bad) Will propecia and rogaine help undo this? I am 21
The only permanent solution is hair transplant surgery. I'll be getting it done in a couple of years I imagine... not cheap either at $7,000 or so.

b_t
01-11-2010, 09:39 AM
I started taking Propecia and while I haven't grown any hair back, I stopped losing it. Getting some hair back would be a nice bonus but at this point I'm just glad I don't have to go bald

Weapon_R
01-11-2010, 12:59 PM
The only solutions are transplants, rogaine and propecia. Anything else is hype. Any real cure would be as popular as a cure for aids and we'd know about it

thrasher22
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
My hairline started receding when I was 19, but has slowed down now that I stopped dying it and am far less stressed.

I used Rogaine for years, I grew a small amount of the hair back and its almost completely stopped any loss.

I didn't notice the change at first, but after a few years it definitely took a toll on my sex drive. Not the end of the world for some people, but by it was enough for me to stop using it :dunno:

magiclouie
01-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by thrasher22
My hairline started receding when I was 19, but has slowed down now that I stopped dying it and am far less stressed.

I used Rogaine for years, I grew a small amount of the hair back and its almost completely stopped any loss.

I didn't notice the change at first, but after a few years it definitely took a toll on my sex drive. Not the end of the world for some people, but by it was enough for me to stop using it :dunno:

So, we must be very careful in having some medications as far as hair regrowth is concerned for we just don't know the side effects that will exist soon.

tunasandwich
01-20-2010, 11:39 PM
anyone know where to get Rogaine Foam? All that I have been able to find is the whole kit for like 45ish dollars..

masoncgy
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Embrace being bald... shave it off... it's liberating. You wouldn't believe the amount of weight that comes off your shoulders when you can finally stop thinking about your hair.

I've been a proudly bald dude for 6.5 years already... I started losing it just before I turned 18... by 24, there was almost nothing left, so off it went... I got tired of pretending... the only person a bald man fools with his 'antics' is himself.

The only permanent solution is a hair transplant, and unless are going to fork out MAJOR dollars for an extremely high-end, highly experienced 'restoration artist', your transplants will look horrible.

Get yourself a bulk pack of triple blades and some decent shaving gel and you're good to go!

tunasandwich
01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
its not that bad man lol. Its Slightly thinning in the front. Its not even noticeable to anyone but pretty much me. I think bic-ing my hair is a little over the top at this point, and #2, Ive never been a fan of the howie mandel

tunasandwich
01-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Is it true that if your mothers Dad was bald, then you will be? My moms Brother is 45 and is pretty bald, but my mothers Dad had a huge head of hair

Graham_A_M
01-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey Dustin, I too suffered from hair loss (my dad has a hair "cul-de-sac")... its bad.... really bad.

Anyway, I tried that Nioxin shit, and it worked a bit. It slowed down the hair loss, but definitely didn't reverse it.
So I tried this stuff called "Seagels solutions" (typical shampoo, conditioner & this "hair loss serum" you have to rub in after wards)
and VOILA! It honestly works. The thing to keep in mind is this: When your hair follicles stop producing hair, there is a grace period from when they do that, and when they are completely dead. You have to treat them when their in this period, since if you dont, you'll never get them back unless you use laser or whatever else.

This Seagels solutions grew almost all my hair back, and greatly thickened it. You can hardly tell I ever was balding, honestly. Its about $100 for 6months supply. I used to get mine through Adrienne at Bombshells beauty bar (Dont laugh, I knew her for many years long before she started there). Its on McKnight & Center st. Im not too sure if shes still there, but you can always google it and buy it online otherwise.

Good luck!

masoncgy
01-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by tunasandwich
Is it true that if your mothers Dad was bald, then you will be? My moms Brother is 45 and is pretty bald, but my mothers Dad had a huge head of hair

Absolutely a myth. It's genetics... you get a mix of goodies from Mom & Dad... good & bad...

My Mom's Dad had a full head of hair, very thick, right up until he passed away at age 77.

My Dad, however, went bald early and by 25 had the ol' cul-de-sac...

Hmmm... interestingly enough, that's EXACTLY what happened to me!

However, my younger brother has a thick head of hair at 25... jerk.. lol.

So yeah, that whole line about it coming from your Mother's side isn't true... it's genetic... if you have a bald dad, there is a good chance you will be bald too.

If you're hardly losing any hair, don't fret about it. Just don't do silly things like grow portions long or style it in a certain way with gels & stuff to 'hide' it... everyone can tell what you're doing, the only person you fool is yourself!

:)

89coupe
01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
There is no product on the market that will regrow your hair. Nothing!

If you believe there is, then you are very foolish.

Its purely genetic.

A790
01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Its purely genetic.
Totally. Proprecia and rogaine, with their medically proven ingredients, totally bullshitted their way through numerous clinical trials.

Totally.

89coupe
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by A790

Totally. Proprecia and rogaine, with their medically proven ingredients, totally bullshitted their way through numerous clinical trials.

Totally.

You show me one product on the market that guarantees to grow your hair back.

Waiting for your reply.

lint
01-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Waiting for your reply.

The only guarantee in life is that you will post a douchebag comment.

haunt
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Hey Dustin, I too suffered from hair loss (my dad has a hair "cul-de-sac")... its bad.... really bad.

Anyway, I tried that Nioxin shit, and it worked a bit. It slowed down the hair loss, but definitely didn't reverse it.
So I tried this stuff called "Seagels solutions" (typical shampoo, conditioner & this "hair loss serum" you have to rub in after wards)
and VOILA! It honestly works. The thing to keep in mind is this: When your hair follicles stop producing hair, there is a grace period from when they do that, and when they are completely dead. You have to treat them when their in this period, since if you dont, you'll never get them back unless you use laser or whatever else.

This Seagels solutions grew almost all my hair back, and greatly thickened it. You can hardly tell I ever was balding, honestly. Its about $100 for 6months supply. I used to get mine through Adrienne at Bombshells beauty bar (Dont laugh, I knew her for many years long before she started there). Its on McKnight & Center st. Im not too sure if shes still there, but you can always google it and buy it online otherwise.

Good luck!

Congrats on your hair regrowth! Some pics would be interesting to see. How long did it take to grow back?

thrasher22
01-21-2010, 01:24 PM

Its purely genetic.
Seriously? You're calling people foolish when there have been several posts with people saying that there is in this thread?

Move along troll...

A790
01-21-2010, 01:59 PM

Waiting for your reply.
Nothing in life is guaranteed. The products themselves even state on the bottle what their success rates are.

Hey, here's a question for you: do you still beat your wife?

Same situation, same level of douchebaggery. Congratulations on affirming your reputation Brad :)

Supa Dexta
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and repeat that my hair is fine.. ha. I was only curious how many people knew someone using these products, since there are so many commercials out there, you would think 90% of men use them..

89coupe
01-21-2010, 02:14 PM
They don't guarantee it because they can't. Why? Because there is no such thing as a product that makes your hair grow back...LOL:rofl:

If there was, there wouldn't be a bald man on the planet. But since we don't live in a world of fantasy companies will continue to market products claiming miracles...LOL

Hey, you guys should check out this product called Extenze, they have medically proven ingredients that produce male enhancement. LOL:rofl:

A790
01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
They don't guarantee it because they can't. Why? Because there is no such thing as a product that makes your hair grow back...LOL:rofl:

If there was, there wouldn't be a bald man on the planet. But since we don't live in a world of fantasy companies will continue to market products claiming miracles...LOL

Hey, you guys should check out this product called Extenze, they have medically proven ingredients that produce male enhancement. LOL:rofl:
Go back to the photography forum... you're loved in there. :)

I'm sure the clinical trials for these products that are recommended by thousands of doctors are totally made up.

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by A790

Nothing in life is guaranteed. The products themselves even state on the bottle what their success rates are.

Hey, here's a question for you: do you still beat your wife?

Same situation, same level of douchebaggery. Congratulations on affirming your reputation Brad :)

Quoted for random awesomeness.

89coupe
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Sucker born every minute.:rofl:

urban.one
01-21-2010, 02:50 PM
B-rad. Same thing in everythread he posts in. Good stuff.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/02/21/jamiejennedy_narrowweb__200x413.jpg

89coupe
01-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Truth hurts? LOL:rofl:

Graham_A_M
01-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by haunt

Congrats on your hair regrowth! Some pics would be interesting to see. How long did it take to grow back?

Started instantly. Obviously it took a while for the hair to grow & fill in, but I noticed results the week after I started using it.

LMAO, Yes Brad absolutely nothing works. You're right again I see, as always. Im a living testament that there are products out there that do work, but what do I know eh? Surely were all talking shit yet again.
:thumbsup:

Billy_Billions
01-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I have good hair (and good hair genes) but use Nioxin on a regular basis to make sure I retain it.

I use Nioxin too. I took a pic back when I first started and the results are very good. I should take an after picture and document the results.

GQBalla
01-21-2010, 05:10 PM
post pics

A790
01-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Billions

I use Nioxin too. I took a pic back when I first started and the results are very good. I should take an after picture and document the results.
Do it up!

Jlude
01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Jeremy Piven had some high end hair transplantation done. It left a nasty scar (because they take from the back of the head and add to the top).
Apparently he wears Toupees actually. But this one picture shows this crazy ass scar around the back of his head, a scar that is typical of hair transplantation.

Check it out.
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/92970-jeremy_piven_s_hair_deal.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/01/0104_jeremy_piven_splash_02_v2.jpg

My hair is definitely thinning, but it's nothing alarming at the moment. I'm 25 and I can see two parts where the front of my head is thinner than it once was.

The_Rural_Juror
01-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Mr Brads Taylor is correct as always.

I found this obviously doctored report.

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/propecia/propecia_pi.pdf

a higher absolute hair count was achieved in patients who were started on
treatment with PROPECIA in the initial study. This advantage was maintained through the remaining 3
years of the studies. A change of treatment from PROPECIA to placebo (n=48) at the end of the initial 12
months resulted in reversal of the increase in hair count 12 months later, at 24 months (see Figure
below).
At 12 months, 58% of men in the placebo group had further hair loss (defined as any decrease in hair
count from baseline), compared with 14% of men treated with PROPECIA. In men treated for up to 2
years, 72% of men in the placebo group demonstrated hair loss, compared with 17% of men treated with
PROPECIA. At 5 years, 100% of men in the placebo group demonstrated hair loss, compared with 35%
of men treated with PROPECIA.

jefferson2
01-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Every guy dreads this, and I looked it up on wiki and APPARENTLY you can't regrow hair with any consistency, you can just halt hair loss.

However, if you're getting results congrats.

Androgenic alopecia is the medical term I believe.

I'm already seeing it, but nothing too serious yet.

89coupe
01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Jeremy Piven had some high end hair transplantation done. It left a nasty scar (because they take from the back of the head and add to the top).
Apparently he wears Toupees actually. But this one picture shows this crazy ass scar around the back of his head, a scar that is typical of hair transplantation.

Check it out.
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/92970-jeremy_piven_s_hair_deal.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/01/0104_jeremy_piven_splash_02_v2.jpg

My hair is definitely thinning, but it's nothing alarming at the moment. I'm 25 and I can see two parts where the front of my head is thinner than it once was.

Geez, maybe he should have used the magic hair products that make your hair grow back. I mean, why have surgery when these products work?:dunno:

:rofl:

I'm seriously laughing my ass off at the people who honestly believe the bullshit.

:facepalm:

Jlude
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
that is a nasty f'n scar though

01RedDX
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM

Billy_Billions
01-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I'll take some pics tonight.

sevewone
01-22-2010, 01:14 PM
If I go bald, im just gunna rock the Larry David. Done

TimeAttack
01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm kinda in the same boat as 89coupe - I'm skeptical that any over the counter product can re grow hair.
Although I'm skeptical I'm not convinced either way and I don't have any hair loss problems myself so I cannot comment from personal experience.

89coupe
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by TimeAttack
I'm kinda in the same boat as 89coupe - I'm skeptical that any over the counter product can re grow hair.
Although I'm skeptical I'm not convinced either way and I don't have any hair loss problems myself so I cannot comment from personal experience.

No product on this planet can grow new hair.

The only thing these products can offer is the small chance of preserving the hair follicle's that are still alive.

If there was a product on the market that could grow new hair then you wouldn't see any bald men.

D. Dub
01-22-2010, 02:53 PM
"Real men" grow old and bald with dignity.

You guys do realize you're going to get old and wrinkly and fat and eventually die too right?

GQBalla
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
all i know is that if i ever go bald ill be getting a hair transplant :D

TimeAttack
01-22-2010, 10:03 PM

No product on this planet can grow new hair.

The only thing these products can offer is the small chance of preserving the hair follicle's that are still alive.

If there was a product on the market that could grow new hair then you wouldn't see any bald men.

This position sounds the most logical and rational to me and I have never heard of a bald person growing hair using non-surgical methods.

Maybe someone could post an example of this since they are arguing for this position.

89coupe doesn't need evidence for being skeptical that you can grow hair where hair doesn't grow.
The person claiming a shampoo can restore hair to a bald and hairless area is the person with the wild claim that needs the proof.

So I think the burden is on the people arguing for hair regrowth, so it might benefit them more to support their claim rather than just flaming for no reason.

masoncgy
01-22-2010, 11:59 PM
You won't believe how much time & money you will save being a bald guy:

- Showers are quick & painless...

- Shampoo & conditioners become a thing of the past...

- No more combs, brushes, gels, sprays, dyes...

- No more haircuts...

The best part of all... no more worrying about your hair! You don't have to spend all that time styling & spraying it a certain way to cover your receding hair line... then go outside and worry if there's a breeze... lol...

Shave it off... liberate yourself from the clutches of male pattern baldness... you won't regret it! :)