PDA

View Full Version : Hail damage question on vehicle

2BLUE
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
How is hail damage on a vehicle esitmated? per dent? I have a vehicle that has alot of dents and I don't want to make a claim.

TomcoPDR
01-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Since you're paying out of pocket. Want repair method are you looking towards??? The obviously 2 are conventional bodyshop (body filler, repaint), and the other is Paintless Dent Removal.

Now keep in mind some damage shouldn't be PDR. Or some damages, it would be more economical to use a hybrid of the 2 methods. (i.e. if there're tons of dents on a hood panel, PDR would not be wise since lot's of labour time would be involved, instead a hood panel can be replaced and repainted cheaper, etc...)

In PDR, yes, you get charged per dent.
Hope that helps.

2BLUE
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Since you're paying out of pocket. Want repair method are you looking towards??? The obviously 2 are conventional bodyshop (body filler, repaint), and the other is Paintless Dent Removal.

Now keep in mind some damage shouldn't be PDR. Or some damages, it would be more economical to use a hybrid of the 2 methods. (i.e. if there're tons of dents on a hood panel, PDR would not be wise since lot's of labour time would be involved, instead a hood panel can be replaced and repainted cheaper, etc...)

In PDR, yes, you get charged per dent.
Hope that helps.

What kinda charge am I looking at per dent? Just an average will be fine then when the car gets here I can count how many dents :thumbsdow That will give me a rough estimate on damage costs and whether the car is worth fixing or not.