PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Documents

msommers
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I just came in the office today and it seems one of my coworkers has accidently saved over my work with something completely different. Is there a way to revert back to an older version? This is an Excel file.

Otherwise it's back to keying in all this shit again:(

GQBalla
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
your out of luck unless you saved on the network drives of your work and your company has backups that happen daily.

turbotrip
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
call the IT help guys at ur company, they can usually restore previous files

msommers
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys. As it turns out, they can recover data from each day for a week or something. What a fucking relief.

Maybe I won't tell her I could get it recovered, and had to do it all over again. Bribe material :D

eblend
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Most companies keep user data (like My Documents) on separate storage which they back up every night, only time you are really SOL is if you lost it that same day, in which case most IT departments won't go through the trouble, even thought it is still possbile to recover your shit.

Zhariak
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Most companies keep user data (like My Documents) on separate storage which they back up every night, only time you are really SOL is if you lost it that same day, in which case most IT departments won't go through the trouble, even thought it is still possbile to recover your shit.

Another thing too, if you ever use data on network drives, and/or your My Documents is redirected, usually you can right click, goto properties and sometime's you'll see a "Previous Versions"... Once hitting this you can go back in time and nab something old.

Really nice feature when using a file server...

adam c
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

Another thing too, if you ever use data on network drives, and/or your My Documents is redirected, usually you can right click, goto properties and sometime's you'll see a "Previous Versions"... Once hitting this you can go back in time and nab something old.

Really nice feature when using a file server...

thats if your office uses a program called shadowprotect