PDA

View Full Version : How do you recertify a vehicle?

big A
01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
So they are writeing my 1999 Expedition off and giving me an insult of a payout but the surprise part is it is only a few hundred bucks to buy the truck back from them. I am largely sure the damage is just cosmetic so I am thinking about doing my best at home to fix the damage and having it recertified provided it wasn't to crazy of a thing to pass with body damage.
Has anyone had a vehicle recertified??? What do the look for, is it some kind of inspection you have to pass.Can my regular mechanic at Advantage Ford do this??
Thanks for any advice.

spacerz
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
What you require is a salvage inspection. There are only certian licensed shops around town that are able to do this. Your advantage ford dealer is not one of them. I have had a couple of the salvage cars passed without flaws at Modern Auto for around 250$. The damage must be 100% repaired. Things such as the brakes/rotors/tires/signal blinkers must all be in an acceptable/functional condition for the vehicle to pass. The front wind screen must also be crack free. You also need an alignment with a sheet that has the specs on it to provide to the place that will pass it. That should be about it.

tom_9109
01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Apparently theres a place inTaber thats a good choice for salvage re-certifications. Thats all I'm saying.

big A
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
To help others so they don,t have to spend a week asking around, phoneing the registries,AMA and so forth I finally found a website.
http://www2.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/vis/production/vishome.asp