PDA

View Full Version : deck question

HTN SWCHS
11-26-2003, 12:00 PM
are there aftermarket decks with cd and cassete because my stock ford has it and i wanna get an aftermarket one so i can hook up and amp and subs, thanks

rc2002
11-26-2003, 12:21 PM
You can get decks with both CD and cassette but they're almost always double DIN (so it's about twice the height of a normal CD deck). If your stock ford is double din then you're in luck, otherwise it'll cst a lot for both. I saw just go CD... Casette is out anyway.

nex
11-26-2003, 02:01 PM
You can proboly hook up your subs and amp on your stock deck. All you need is an adapter, Well i know thats how my car is

rc2002
11-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Stock decks don't have preouts so you do need an adapter. It's called a low level adapter, and basically it turns your wires into RCA's for your amp. But this isn't recommended because you have worse sound quality. The signal from stock decks aren't very good to begin with...

Type in "double din deck" in ebay and you can see a list of decks that are both casette and CD. Very few places in town stock them.

12V
11-26-2003, 02:08 PM
You can either get a low level converter, and use your factory deck, or I can get you a cd cassette deck but it's a double DIN, how big is your factory deck, 2Din or DIN+1/2

3G
11-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
are there aftermarket decks with cd and cassete because my stock ford has it and i wanna get an aftermarket one so i can hook up and amp and subs, thanks

Yah you can get them but they cost a pretty penny

Originally posted by richardchan2002
I saw just go CD... Casette is out anyway.

His parents drive it every once in a blue moon and they listen to tapes...not cds

Weapon_R
11-27-2003, 02:12 AM
Most dodges are still using double din

And i've never seen a stereo that included tape/cd and was single din so it's rare that he's going to want single.