PDA

View Full Version : TV show on HBO...OZ

Kennyredline
01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Is anyone a fan of Oz, that prison show that was on Showcase a few years ago? I'm trying to find a quote from an episode, and it's hard to find anything on the show itself.

Enhance
01-12-2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118421/quotes

spike98
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I have seen every episode....twice. Excellent series! What quote are you looking for?

D'z Nutz
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm a huge Oz fan. I actually started loading up my iPod with the episodes last week.

What's the quote?

psycoticclown
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I was a big fan, watched the whole series 2 years ago, can't remember much now haha.

Kennyredline
01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by spike98
I have seen every episode....twice. Excellent series! What quote are you looking for?
I don't remeber which characters are in the scene, but here's the way it goes;
(guy #1)......fuckin' faggit
(guy#2) who you callin a faggit?
(guy#1) I'm callin' YOU a fuckin faggit!
(guy#2)faggit!
It's not real intellectual dialouge, but it's funny as hell!

bball2
01-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Saw the entire series a few years ago as well, very good show. Hard to describe, but it was quite an eye opening in terms of prison politics and culture.

nismodrifter
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
bizzump.

Watching the entire series for a third time in the past 2 years or so. Halfway through right now and I still can't get over how fukin smart O'reilly is. A;ways puttin people against each other to make things go his way.

If you haven't watched, you need to.

eiysa101
01-07-2012, 01:54 AM
This is my all time favorite show. I have geek out moments when I see characters from the show doing other acting gigs

D'z Nutz
01-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by eiysa101
This is my all time favorite show. I have geek out moments when I see characters from the show doing other acting gigs

Especially when former Oz actors appear in other shows together, which seems to happen quite a bit!

eiysa101
01-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Yah, it seems went to Law And Order for atleast a couple episodes if they were not regulars.

Every scene and scenario/character has a moment for me - its hard to choose a single moment. O-Reily, Beecher, The nazis, bikers, Poet, Omar f'n White.

Annoyed I sold all the box sets now, however I still have the book which is supposed to be the Journal of Augustus Hill before he got killed on the show. It shows his perspective during all the major events during all the season and is a entertaining read if your a fan of Oz.

finboy
01-07-2012, 05:58 AM
It is a great show, and was probably my favorite job show until I watched the wire.

zipdoa
01-07-2012, 05:44 PM
ADEBISI!!!!!!

http://oranges-world.com/data_images/simon-adebisi.jpg

There are some awesome quotes from Oz... my personal favorite:

Augustus Hill:

“The worst stab wound is the one to the heart. Sure, most people survive it, but the heart is never quite the same. There's always a scar, which I guess, is meant to remind you that even for a little while, someone made your heart beat faster. And that's a scar you can live with, proudly. All the days of your life.”

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Especially when former Oz actors appear in other shows together, which seems to happen quite a bit!

No doubt... Dexter!

D'z Nutz
01-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah, Adebsi was definitely my favorite characters, followed by Schillinger and Ryan O'Reilly.

I didn't realize some of the actors showed up in Dexter. After Oz, Tom Fontana went on to do The Jury which really didn't catch much attention. But in one of the episodes, the entire jury was made up of former Oz actors and the flashback scene took place on part of the Oz set before it was finally dismantled.

Sieg Heil, Baby! Seig Heil!
NQ6Q9RsbXUQ

The Seinfeld parody was hilarious
SL-U_IbkKK8