PDA

View Full Version : Dry Soda

nonlinear
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
has anyone tried this? I read about this company several months ago in one of those free airplane magazines (like En Route or whatever), and was interested in trying it but thought I wouldn't be able to find any until next time I was in Seattle, where they are based. Then, I was shopping at Sobey's a few weeks ago, and saw that they had several flavors in their individual drink section priced at a mere $1.99. I grabbed a bottle of rhubarb and really liked it. It's a bit 'different' at first, but after a few sips it really grows on you. I like the fact that they use cane sugar, but barely any of it, so it isn't very sweet at all and an entire bottle is only 50 calories. this is great for me, since i'm starting to find that as I get older, most sodas are far too sweet for my taste. there also isn't any caffeine, which is great, and they have some fairly off-the-wall flavours as well. I'm drinking a bottle of kumquat right now, and i love it. :thumbsup:

http://www.drysoda.com/

http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/images/dry_soda.jpg

300rwhp
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
havent had dry sodas but i love boylans

extm88
01-13-2010, 04:52 AM
sounds interesting, is it just as carbonated as a can of coke or more like a jones type drink?

Impreza
01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
It's like club soda with a bit of flavouring. It's pretty refreshing when you want something carbonated but don't want the sweetness. The fact that it is cane sugar is also a plus. If you goto Planet Organic, there are TONS of similar drinks that are pretty damn good. I recommend trying Reed's ginger ale.

nonlinear
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by extm88
sounds interesting, is it just as carbonated as a can of coke or more like a jones type drink?

it's just carbonated as coke. actually, it tastes like a very lightly flavoured and lightly sweetened bottle of mineral water. it's REALLY good. i'm gonna get some more on my way home tonight.

nonlinear
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
It's like club soda with a bit of flavouring. It's pretty refreshing when you want something carbonated but don't want the sweetness. The fact that it is cane sugar is also a plus. If you goto Planet Organic, there are TONS of similar drinks that are pretty damn good. I recommend trying Reed's ginger ale.

this exactly. i might have to swing by there too and get some of that ginger ale. thanks :thumbsup: