PDA

View Full Version : refurbished phones?

believe
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
have a problem with my iphone, and just got off the phone with Rogers Tech support. Talked to one guy and he said if I exchanged my phone, Rogers would be sending me a *new* phone in the mail in a few days. Called again and talked to someone else and they said they only send out refurbished phones, and the only way to get a new one would be through the Apple Store.

so whats the deal? unfortunately, where i am right now does not have an Apple Store and the closest one is 4 hours away. Also, it'd be great if someone knew how many times the warranty is valid, ie if i run into problems later with a new phone, would i still be able to get another new phone?

Thanks for your help.

Stealth13
01-13-2010, 12:17 AM
reburbished just means that something fucked up on the phone and they fixed the problem and it is good to sell again. Usually shouldn't be a problem for the most part :)

psycoticclown
01-13-2010, 12:31 AM
There are numerious people on this board that have purchased refurbished stuff from Apple and have had no problems.

shakalaka
01-13-2010, 12:36 AM
My brother was sent out a brand new phone from Rogers, when his was needing replacement.

swak
01-13-2010, 12:37 AM
I sent my Blackberry in and got a refurbished one back.

Its good as new, I wouldn't be concerned.

SpeedIllusion
01-13-2010, 12:40 AM
I like refurbished becuse they actually retest the phone before they sell them again whereas when you get a new phone it could be the lemon of the stock.

2Valve0
01-13-2010, 12:43 AM
I'd watch out for some refurbished phones. I have had my storm replaced twice, both came to me with tech. problems that appeared right away.
rogers will only replace a phone for new if its within 1 month i believe

K3RMIT.
01-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
I'd watch out for some refurbished phones. I have had my storm replaced twice, both came to me with tech. problems that appeared right away.
rogers will only replace a phone for new if its within 1 month i believe

the store you got it from will replace it within 14 days, or 30 mins of talk time

2Valve0
01-13-2010, 01:14 AM
ooohh gotcha
Im with telus who are scammers
They send me broken phones so im waiting another month till contract up and bu-bye