PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice resturant for special day

SilverRex
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I dont go out too often, any recommendation to a nice resturant that I Can bring my wife to?

I have an anniversry celebration this week with her and i am looking for a nice place to spend the evening.

My wife is quite picky when it comes to food so it better be good

:)

also for those of you in the same boat, what normally would you do on your anniversy

GQBalla
01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
mercato is pretty nice and cool.

great food

and A790's parents restaurant the name escapes me right now though, ive never been yet but the reviews everyone on beyond has been A +

Nismorphed
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Concorde Restolounge
10 Aspen Stone Terrace, Calgary, AB, Canada
403-686-6692

Great food, drinks are a bit expensive but overall 8 out of 10

Neil4Speed
01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
mercato is pretty nice and cool.

great food

and A790's parents restaurant the name escapes me right now though, ive never been yet but the reviews everyone on beyond has been A +

jacqueline suzanne's I believe is the restaurant you were refering to, its excellent and would be my recommendation.

adidas
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM
How much you looking to spend?

Il Sogno would be my suggestion.

What did you and your wife use to do when you were much younger and just dating? Anything that stands out? If so, go do that before or after dinner.

Quiet10
01-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by adidas
How much you looking to spend?

Il Sogno would be my suggestion.

What did you and your wife use to do when you were much younger and just dating? Anything that stands out? If so, go do that before or after dinner.

I'd have to agree, Il Sogno's is pretty damn good. A little bit pricey but it's worth it! Also randomly bumped into Iggy and Connie with their wives last time we went. Haha. :goflames:

nonlinear
01-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

also for those of you in the same boat, what normally would you do on your anniversy

fuck like rabbits :thumbsup:

Jry_79
01-14-2010, 02:36 PM
My two cents but the best restaurants in Calgary are Capo and Belvedere!

dannie
01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Depending on what you want to spend, there are a ton of places. If you can narrow it down to a price point, that would help. Also, when you say picky... what do you mean? As in she only likes chicken? Or she really enjoys 5 star food and being adventurous?

gatorade
01-14-2010, 04:58 PM
boleros!

Sorath
01-14-2010, 06:00 PM
i hear catch is good, and ive heard good thing about a790s restaurant. I personally like sugo, its a nice place with great food

nonlinear
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
there are a million possibilities. info on desired price range, cuisine, location, etc. etc. etc. would help improve the suggestions.

403ep3
01-15-2010, 02:25 PM
We went to Muse a couple days ago and the food is GOOD! Muse is in kensington and it's a bit pricey but worth it. I honestly was full and could not finish my entree because they gave us popcorn to start, then some bread, and then a 4 course meal. Add in some beer and you'll be stuffed!

The lighting is nice and it has 4 floors.

snoop101
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
there are a million possibilities. suggestions.

Thats how many people live here in Calgary. lol

There really isnt too many good places in Calgary compared to other major cities. I think the OP is looking for something that doesent make OP look cheap, but at the same time makes you feel good while your there.

Theres also that italian place on 8th. I forget the name but its pretty high end and my cousin eats there all the time and he enjoys it.

nonlinear
01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
^^yea, i just ask that because of that one douchebag who asked for recommendations for a similar thing, and after a bunch of people gave a bunch of really, really good suggestions, he ended up taking her to East Side Marios :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

msommers
01-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Does it have to be in Calgary or would you guys mind driving to Banff or Bragg Creek? I think Canmore has a really nice restaurant as well..I"ll try to find out the name of it.

shakalaka
01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Good thread, I could use some pointers in here as well. Mine and the gf's 1 year anniversary is coming up on the 17th of this month although we won't be doing anything until the 14th of Feb cause I have exams right now, I can use some of the suggestions here.

Would also be interested to know what else can be done other than dinner? Something different perhaps?

dannie
01-18-2010, 01:25 AM
^ I just bought my parents a 30 min tour of calgary on a helicopter. Depending on how much cash you want to spend, the helicopter thing went over very well. Cost around 400 bucks for the 30 minutes.

Boomph
01-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by dannie
^ I just bought my parents a 30 min tour of calgary on a helicopter. Depending on how much cash you want to spend, the helicopter thing went over very well. Cost around 400 bucks for the 30 minutes.

Im actually interested in this, could you post more information. such as who do i contact for this service?

Thanks

shakalaka
01-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by dannie

Does sound like a good idea, although a bit steep though. The present she's getting is around $500-$600 as well, so to spend another $400 seems like bit of an overkill. I guess something to think about Altho the anni was yesterday (17th) we've decided to wait till the 14th so I still have some time to think about what I wanna do. I was thinking of maybe going to Banff and doing some sort of activity.

msommers
01-18-2010, 01:58 AM
For work in Kananaskis two summers ago, we used Alpine out of Canmore. I tell this to anyone after doing that, it's pricey, it's short, but you will NEVER view the mountains like you do in a helicopter. I think I'm going to do this for my parents. It really is breathtaking. Here are some pics:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/matt_calgary/n503507781_1303965_1988.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/matt_calgary/n120605374_33177524_1661.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/matt_calgary/n120605374_33177493_7352.jpg

shakalaka
01-18-2010, 02:02 AM
The thing with helicopter rides is that I fly quite frequently in the summer since my dad and my uncle has their flying license for recreation use. Although it may be different in a helicopter but just seems like one of those 'been there, done that' thing for me.

Is there a place in Calgary or surrounding areas where you can go sky diving or something? Anyone done it here? Hard, easy?

taemo
01-18-2010, 08:39 AM
what kind of cuisine does your wife like?

we can name you some of the best restaurants in Calgary but will your wife like their food?

dannie
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Here is the company I used:

http://www.lrhelicopters.ca/index.php?id=50

They were very easy to deal with, I called ahead and told them that I was looking for a tour around the city and went up to pay. They gave me a little gift certificate for it.

I also asked if they could bring champagne or anything on board and they were more than happy to allow it.

They also do a picnic on the peek. Its a bit more cash.... but, you hop in the helicopter and go out to the mountains and the land on a peek and you and your significant other have lunch up there.

Originally posted by Boomph

Im actually interested in this, could you post more information. such as who do i contact for this service?

Thanks