PDA

View Full Version : **beware Of Counterfit Product**

4D7
01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
This is a link attached from J's racings website. Click on the link and read, the content is about mid page. No need to translate the page as the important content is in english.

http://ameblo.jp/umemotojunichi/

89s1
01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
That notice was from 9 months ago... Anything more current?

By now he's likely cleaned out the warehouse and moved on to do sales at GoFC or something along those lines.

Edit: Looking through the website shows he hardly has any J's product left. The only thing he still sells are the hyper clutch kits, and that isn't something easily copied like a whale penis intake or oil cap is.

Sugarphreak
01-13-2010, 04:57 PM

dj_rice
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
:nut:

Fadi
01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
that was a while back....in the mean time Speedtech picked up Distributor rights from J's racing!

EDIT: NM STRD is in talks with J's Racing to Become Official Distributor status!

eglove
01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
wow! someone should change the title of the thread

EM1FTW
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by jdmsp33d
that was a while back....in the mean time Speedtech picked up Distributor rights from J's racing!
they did?!
too sick!

Sugarphreak
01-13-2010, 08:13 PM

Sugarphreak
01-13-2010, 08:31 PM

projekz
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I've dealt with Ben from A&J since 1998 and I can say he's always been a stand up guy. I can't tell for sure what happened there but I worked out for Speedtech:thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
01-13-2010, 09:51 PM

Sugarphreak
01-13-2010, 10:11 PM

89s1
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
hmmmmm. It's hard to believe a seller would be so full of shit, but it wouldn't be the first time.

shadowz
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I too have dealt with Ben since early 2007; nice guy, always cut me a deal and shipped the next day.

But that doesn't change the fact that they were selling fake products.

I don't buy this story; they claim that 50% of the products were showing up in sub-par condition yet they continued to buy and sell them for so many years?

Somebody should ask Speedtech if 50% of the J's products are showing up without logos.

During my S2000 build in 2005 I received two 60RS exhaust systems without logos. Along with serveral other products. I had the sales manager from J's Racing wash my car in Vancouver, he told me to buy a new exhaust so I could have the "updated" look with the badge. I have seen aero kits show up in poor condition from Js, GT wing with exposed carbon, valve covers with poor paint. What else were they supposed to do when there was a demand? All of my experiences were in Calgary.

KandabashiDevil
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Not good.

Interested in the resolution ....

shadowz
01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
Not good.

Doubt there will be one

gqmw
01-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Not good.

Yeah doesn't look like that's going to happen. So shady.

KandabashiDevil
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
That's fine.
If no one will accept responsibility over the dispute then I'm more than happy to let all 3 share the blame. I'll do my best to ensure everyone I know hears about this, and avoids A&J, STRD, and J's Racing until someone offfers an acceptable explanation.

spikerS
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Some more stuff coming out of this, lots of people are coming forward with more accusations.

The Fake Clutch:

BUYER post
The thing that pissed me off the most though is that I bought a fidanza flywheel from AJ-Racing, I didnt use it and I ended up selling it. It turns out it was a flywheel for a Hyundai Tiburon repackaged into the fit flywheel box and the person I resold it to had to find that out the hard way.

AJ-Racing Responce
I believe this flywheel was drop shipped to you by another supplier. If there was a problem, nothing was addressed to us and we did not know up until now.

However, if you had found this problem out before selling it, we would be more than happy to have the flywheel replaced for you without any charges.

Again, because this flywheel was drop shipped to you from another supplier, it was never at our shop to confirm it was the correct one. I'm not here to bash another supplier for shipping the wrong thing, but sometimes, shipping mistakes do happen.

BUYER Response
hmm, thats odd. because I got the flywheel with a larger shipment that had your guys address on it.

I don't think this buyer understands what a "drop shipment" really is.

For the un-enlightened, a drop shipment is where you order something from company A. Normally company A has this product instock, but right now they don't. So Company A calls another company (B) that does have it in stock. Company B will ship it to the customer, but put Company A's info on the waybill to make it look like it came from A.

shadowz
01-18-2010, 01:24 PM
That's fine.
If no one will accept responsibility over the dispute then I'm more than happy to let all 3 share the blame. I'll do my best to ensure everyone I know hears about this, and avoids A&J, STRD, and J's Racing until someone offfers an acceptable explanation.

Jumping to conclusions arent we? How does this involve STRD in anyway? Instead of causing hysteria by telling people to avoid any of these companies because you are not satisfied with any reasoning why dont you contact them yourself. This is exactly how rumors get started.

Sugarphreak
01-18-2010, 04:32 PM

shadowz
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
There is NO relationship with STRD and J's right now. That is all.

Sugarphreak
01-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Sugarphreak
01-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Team_Mclaren
01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
does AJR also make T1R stuff? like isnt T1R their inhouse brand>?

rage2
01-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
does AJR also make T1R stuff? like isnt T1R their inhouse brand>?
Yea, T1R is an inhouse brand owned by A&J, with manufacturing out of Taiwan. It's not related to Type One in Japan, which is owned by Spoon.

Team_Mclaren
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
^^ that's what i thought, what a rip lol. So many idiots think T1R is the shit but in fact its no better than any shitty knockoff...:rofl: honda fanboys:poosie:

Redlyne_mr2
01-19-2010, 12:47 AM
That's fine.
You show em':rolleyes:

A2VR6
01-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
^^ that's what i thought, what a rip lol. So many idiots think T1R is the shit but in fact its no better than any shitty knockoff...:rofl: honda fanboys:poosie:

I cant believe some of the prices people pay for some of the T1R crap too. :facepalm:

KandabashiDevil
01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Instead of causing hysteria by telling people to avoid any of these companies because you are not satisfied with any reasoning why dont you contact them yourself.

Because it isn't my prerogative. I think me and my friends have done enough by paying a premium for parts that turned out to be knock off garbage. Don't you? The burden of explanation and resolution does not belong to me.

Why don't any of the people involved assume some level of accountability in the situation?

What method of recourse do the customer's who've been scammed have?

STRD was happy to refer and facilitate through A&J, now they want to absolve all involvement?
Weak :rolleyes:

INeedBoost
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

I cant believe some of the prices people pay for some of the T1R crap too. :facepalm:

I rock T1R products. They are well made and work good for me :dunno:

Sugarphreak
01-19-2010, 10:31 AM

A2VR6
01-19-2010, 01:36 PM

Ditto, I have a T1R exhuast and brakelines. I also had a header before from them as well which fit like a glove.

They are cheaper than the fanboy brands, dyno well when tested independently and I havn't ever had a fitment or quality issue with the parts.

Thats good to hear glad to see that everything is working well for you guys... but it seems like there are problems with their stuff as well:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=724079

maybe it's the more recent stuff, but your still paying close to a grand in this case for something that has poor fitment.

I wont doubt that it's cheaper than some of the JDM brands however.

shadowz
01-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Because it isn't my prerogative. I think me and my friends have done enough by paying a premium for parts that turned out to be knock off garbage. Don't you? The burden of explanation and resolution does not belong to me.

Why don't any of the people involved assume some level of accountability in the situation?

What method of recourse do the customer's who've been scammed have?

STRD was happy to refer and facilitate through A&J, now they want to absolve all involvement?
Weak :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAA you are twisting things, its like saying any gas station is held liable for cancer because they sell cigarettes. AJR distributed to STRD because of demand by the customer. If persay these accusations are true how is that in any way STRD's fault. Funny thing is a lot of the parts made by T1R is of higher quality than quite a few of the Js products. Oh and when did STRD absolve involvement? Stop making shit up

Redlyne_mr2
01-19-2010, 02:59 PM

HAHAHAHAA you are twisting things, its like saying any gas station is held liable for cancer because they sell cigarettes. AJR distributed to STRD because of demand by the customer. If persay these accusations are true how is that in any way STRD's fault. Funny thing is a lot of the parts made by T1R is of higher quality than quite a few of the Js products. Oh and when did STRD absolve involvement? Stop making shit up
:werd:

And i'm not sure why people think TIR is junk, it's well priced and is well made. Having been modding cars for 12 years now I can tell you the Japanese companies have their share of quality issues as well.

JKL@STRD
01-19-2010, 03:21 PM
to clear things up STRD is not a J's Racing Distributor

I dont get why everyone thinks everything from J's Racing is replica now... J's Racing website stated that only 2 parts have been replicate

this is off www.jsracing.co.jp

It comes to our attention that a counterfeit Titanium Exhaust system 50R for Fit GD might be in the market under the genuine J'S RACING name.
Authentic J'S RACING exhaust system has J'S RACING badge stamp on the canister. Also the blue burn should be noticeable on the canister. The diameter of the our genuine exhaust tip is 76mm while the diameter of the fake one is 73mm.
General Regarding our titanium exhausts, we never made any derivative version or edition for any specific markets.
We understand there is a concern in the automobile industry regarding the authenticity of our titanium exhaust sold under that name of J'S RACING. We would like to clarify this issue once and for all.
We, J'S RACING, have not authorized or sanctioned any shop or company to make their original version from our titanium exhaust. Furthermore, we have not made any special titanium exhaust version based on a third party request. The authentic J'S RACING titanium exhausts are shown on our website. Anything else is a knock off which should not carry any J'S RACING name on it.

Overfender We have received several inquiries regarding the rear overfenders for S2000 in the market under our name. As of June 30, 2009@we have never made and never sanctioned any shop to make rear overfenders for S2000 using J'S RACING name. The only system we have for a wider rear end is the Wide Body Aero System Type GT.

IF Speedtech sold any *special* edtion titanium exhausts or rearover fender for s2000 bring the part and your invoice back and we will give you a full refund

Thanks
Jackie

eglove
01-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Jackie's the man

KandabashiDevil
01-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh and when did STRD absolve involvement?

There is NO relationship with STRD and J's right now. That is all.

Why are you even speaking for a company that can defend itself perfectly well?

Originally posted by JKL@STRD
to clear things up STRD is not a J's Racing Distributor ....

.... IF Speedtech sold any *special* edtion titanium exhausts or rearover fender for s2000 bring the part and your invoice back and we will give you a full refund

Thanks
Jackie

Thank - you.
That's the level of service and accountability some of us were looking for. More so, the information about distributor rights is helpful when it comes from the source, instead of forum 'know-it-alls'. When there's a discrepency between product authentication like this, who's to be trusted until someone shows responsiblity like "Jackie" just has?

Sugarphreak
01-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Redlyne_mr2
01-19-2010, 03:47 PM

Do you have any idea who Shadowz is? He has helped run STRD since the beginning.
We have all been involved with STRD since day 1 and will continue to offer our full support. :) We are helping to set the facts straight and prevent rumors from spreading.

As Sugarphreak posted there are 2 sides to every story. I've purchased many authentic products in the past from companies such as Bomex, Ab flug, HKS etc that often had me questioning the manufacturers quality control. The problem is that many of these products are so rare and take so long to order that it's difficult to know what's legit and what isn't.

Sugarphreak
01-19-2010, 03:54 PM

JKL@STRD
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM

Thank - you.
That's the level of service and accountability some of us were looking for. More so, the information about distributor rights is helpful when it comes from the source, instead of forum 'know-it-alls'. When there's a discrepency between product authentication like this, who's to be trusted until someone shows responsiblity like "Jackie" just has?

im glad i cleared everything up..

as for Shadowz he has always had a close relation with STRD (as he use to work for STRD) and his words are as good as anyone@STRD

KandabashiDevil
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I had no idea who he was!

We were referred to A&J through STRD 3 years ago. Me and two friends drove 2 AP1 S200's and 1 DC2 to BC to purchase parts and make friends. While I didn't purchase any J's racing products for my car, my two friends did. Now they're very upset, and not sure what action to take (as they weren't aware of this until now, and live in AB).
I was unsure of the relationship between A&J, STRD, and J's until I began posting here.

It would be great if A&J showed the level of responsibility to their customers as STRD just did...

shadowz
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM

We were referred to A&J through STRD 3 years ago. Me and two friends drove 2 AP1 S200's and 1 DC2 to BC to purchase parts and make friends. While I didn't purchase any J's racing products for my car, my two friends did. Now they're very upset, and not sure what action to take (as they weren't aware of this until now, and live in AB).
I was unsure of the relationship between A&J, STRD, and J's until I began posting here.

It would be great if A&J showed the level of responsibility to their customers as STRD just did...

That is fine, but within such a tight knit community I would expect someone such as yourself to use some sort of restraint before issuing a statement by putting STRD in the same boat as AJR and Js. You dont need to know who I am. I reacted to your statements on the sheer fact that if you start going around telling people not to go to STRD it will cause a loss to them for unfair reasons. This is exactly how a touchy industry gets ruined. Im sure this whole situation could have been dealt with in a more professional manner. Who knows if you had said anything STRD could have gone out of business(unfair due to their lack of involvement). The industry itself is now in a bad place, people need to realize their actions could easily put it in a worse place. Thanks to STRD for their years of contributions to the local scene, as for AJR and Js they could have dealt with the situation better but hey everyone makes mistakes

JKL@STRD
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM

sorry to hear.. but as J's Racing stated it was the only 2 parts that are replica... if your friends have other J's parts i wouldnt worry about it... i have lots of J's parts on my car too and i never had any problems with them...

Skyline_Addict
01-19-2010, 04:51 PM
STRD FTW

KandabashiDevil
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I reacted to your statements on the sheer fact that if you start going around telling people not to go to STRD it will cause a loss to them for unfair reasons. This is exactly how a touchy industry gets ruined. Im sure this whole situation could have been dealt with in a more professional manner. Who knows if you had said anything STRD could have gone out of business(unfair due to their lack of involvement).

That's fair, but it's important to consider how the relationship was presented 3 years ago. We were under the impression both were not only associated, but incorporated. It is easy to understand how we thought A&J and STRD represented a partnership when assessing liability in the situation.

shadowz
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM

That's fair, but it's important to consider how the relationship was presented 3 years ago. We were under the impression both were not only associated, but incorporated. It is easy to understand how we thought A&J and STRD represented a partnership when assessing liability in the situation.

I appreciate you understand, my close friends own and operate STRD and I would hate for them to get tangled in a mess that they have no involvement in. AJR is simply a supplier to STRD no affiliation what so ever
STRD thumbs up!

Redlyne_mr2
01-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I wonder if these J's racing goodies are counterfeit?
http://fatlace.com/jdmego/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/o0685102410368717134-401x600.jpg

That.Guy.S30
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
^ naw ryan, those are kinda saggin, clearly it wasnt packaged properly

TomcoPDR
01-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Fake or Real, I'd still rock it