PDA

View Full Version : Cooling system Question

90accord
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
hey, Today i went to fill my oil felt my rad hose for the hell of it and noticed it was pretty hard and hot. Thats the upper one. So i decided to feel the lower hose and it was cold and pressured up to. This was after about 15 minutes of driving. I havent done any recent work on the car and it seems to be running ok and the heat is working great. Its a 91 civic cx Hatchback if that helps. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if this is normal operation of the cooling system or if something is wrong. Also it looks like the rad has coolant on surface of it but it may be water as it is wet outside. thanks guys i wanna prevent a problem before it happens lol

Mr_ET
01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
if it's green it's coolant, if the heat works great and it doesn't overheat it doesn't sound like you have a problem.

=[]BARG[]=
01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Well the line should be colder on the lower hose because that is the inlet to your engine.

What is the level of your coolant (check when cold) if it's low you might have a small leak, could get a coolant pressure tester and check. If you can not tell what color it is you can taste it as well, if it sweet then it's coolant (don't taste to much of it though, it will KILL you ;) )