PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Milestone on Telus, Jan 26th?

ZEDGE
01-13-2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2010/01/milestone-in-canada-by-the-end-of-the-month/

fingers crossed

thetransporter
01-17-2010, 01:32 PM
not as cool as the driod

ryanallan
01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
isnt it the same phone ?

bjstare
01-17-2010, 01:52 PM
^Yes.

CivicDXR
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
not as cool as the driod

oh how I love un-educated statements that pop up on these boards. :banghead:

Do some research before coming to conclusions...

As the others said, it is pretty much the exact same phone, just the GSM version... but multitouch works on the Milestone, and it uses MotoNav instead of Google Maps.

So your statement is wrong... the Droid is not as cool as the Milestone...

ZEDGE
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
not as cool as the driod

:facepalm:

j.lai
01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
not as cool as the driod
spelt droid wrong too :facepalm:
haha, sweet looks like the droid is actually coming to canada, I'm still waiting for the x10 to launch

shakalaka
01-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Must resist temptation! Must wait for the new iphone first! lol

CivicDXR
01-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Must resist temptation! Must wait for the new iphone first! lol

I know exactly how you feel... I have 4 that I'm watching/holding out for... SE X10a, Google Nexus (if one for our 3G band comes out), Motorola Milestone, and Apple iPhone4...

shakalaka
01-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

I know exactly how you feel... I have 4 that I'm watching/holding out for... SE X10a, Google Nexus (if one for our 3G band comes out), Motorola Milestone, and Apple iPhone4...

Haha totally. I've been holding on to my current iphone for so long and I am so damn bored of it. But I am telling myself just have patience lol It kinda works out that I don't have much left to waste after buying a few parts for my car and my Vegas trip anyway. lol

ZEDGE
01-17-2010, 10:56 PM

:rofl:

Same.

thetransporter
01-17-2010, 10:57 PM

oh how I love un-educated statements that pop up on these boards. :banghead:

Do some research before coming to conclusions...

As the others said, it is pretty much the exact same phone, just the GSM version... but multitouch works on the Milestone, and it uses MotoNav instead of Google Maps.

So your statement is wrong... the Droid is not as cool as the Milestone...

Excuse me? That was my opinion, my opinion like many others, even on howardforums, whom many are keen on this subject, choose EVDO over EDIGE/GSM. IE, usually faster and more reliable data.

Theres a whole group of evdo mod sub culture who like to do things to their phones they wouldnt be able to do on their Milestone

thetransporter
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by j.lai

spelt droid wrong too :facepalm:
haha, sweet looks like the droid is actually coming to canada, I'm still waiting for the x10 to launch

i really don't care to know how to spell every model of motorola devices that are out. :facepalm:

GoChris
01-17-2010, 11:45 PM
cdma here, is not faster than hspa here. no comparison.

j.lai
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

:rofl:

Same.

X10 at rogers in Q2!! and after the new HUP program, I can do another hup for smartphone at new activation price so i dont have to buy it unlocked

thetransporter
02-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

:facepalm:

all u can do is the facepalm?

The DROID has its advantages and IS a very different phone...

i love my Droid, I have it for for about 3 months on TELUS. evdo is fast too. The reason why I prefer it over the Milestone, is because its CDMA and I was told that unlike the Droid, the milestone has a locked ROM that would require digital signatures to do anything.

http://www.thetransporterltd.com/shared/DSC01969.JPG

http://www.thetransporterltd.com/shared/DSC01970.JPG