PDA

View Full Version : need help with boost gauge install

suprame
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
so this is probably a stupid question. but im installing my boost gauge in my deuce and i just dont know where to route the vacuum line from the engine bay to the inside of the car. i cant find any grommets or holes in the fire wall. so if anyone can describe in detail where i can run the lines or if you have pics i would appreciate that alot. thanks

thinmyster
01-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I followed the body harness which in a lhd model runs through the firewall behind the drivers seat.

mr2mike
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
That would be the same in my car. Get the carpet and back side panels off and you'll see where the body harness runs. Then tap into a line off the intake manifold. Or there's an extra line off the intake manifold, go directly there if you want. It's capped off and that cap is sort of a pain to get off.

Redlyne_jr
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by suprame
so this is probably a stupid question. but im installing my boost gauge in my deuce and i just dont know where to route the vacuum line from the engine bay to the inside of the car. i cant find any grommets or holes in the fire wall. so if anyone can describe in detail where i can run the lines or if you have pics i would appreciate that alot. thanks

pull the back carpet upward out on the driver side RHD and there will be a grommet i had the AVCR and NEO wires tucked through their.. get a coat hanger and fit it through the whole it will pop out near the lower charge piping on the IC might take some work to jimmy it through.. but its pretty easy..

suprame
01-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~

pull the back carpet upward out on the driver side RHD and there will be a grommet i had the AVCR and NEO wires tucked through their.. get a coat hanger and fit it through the whole it will pop out near the lower charge piping on the IC might take some work to jimmy it through.. but its pretty easy..

thanks rhys, really helped me. got it installed now i just wanna take it out and see if it reads right