PDA

View Full Version : good squash racquet

j.lai
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM
starting to play squash at school during my breaks and racquet's are $5 to rent each time, so I'm looking to buy a decent racquet thats not to expensive.

Despair*
01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I've always liked the manta classic 6500. A great raquet although you may have trouble finding it in local sporting stores. There is a a place called What's Your Racquet, can't remember where its located but they sell it, and have a decent selection of squash racquet's available.

clem24
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
I have a slazenger racquet with case that you can have for free...

sevewone
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
pm SNAATCH , avid squash player/expert

Pacman
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
I've always liked the manta classic 6500.

That's what I used to play with, and it was a great racquet. Plus, I liked the retro wood looking paint scheme.

Looks like this is the latest model:

http://www.mantasport.com/images/Racquets/Classic_LG.jpg

ExtraSlow
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
The raquet club at UofC has a small but fair selection of raquets. They'll sometimes lend you one for a game to try out as well.

brown_guy
01-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I like Black Knight raquets:thumbsup:

TYMSMNY
01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
+1 for Head.

j.lai
01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
+1 for Head.
I have a head tennis racquet and I like it a lot, I'm not sure, I might head down to Whats your racquet or sportchek just to see whats in stock

tobslau
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
What is your price range point?

Also, what type of player are you?

These points may help you choose some a racquet but you have to hit a ball to get the feel of the racquet.

If you are unsure, I would stay away from big sport sellers like sportchek because you will most likely get a person who knows nothing about the sport.

Good places to check out if you need more info would be places that have proshops. What's you racquet is good, but i'm not sure if they carry squash.

If you live in NW, check out the WHC in edgemont, maybe the U or the Calgary Winter Club sport shop.

I do work at the CWC, but i'm not biased to any shop, so the choice is yours. But try to visit places that let you hit with the racquet before buying it.

Despair*
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by tobslau
What is your price range point?

What's you racquet is good, but i'm not sure if they carry squash.

If you live in NW, check out the WHC in edgemont, maybe the U or the Calgary Winter Club sport shop.

I do work at the CWC, but i'm not biased to any shop, so the choice is yours. But try to visit places that let you hit with the racquet before buying it.

What's Your Racket should still carry Squash Raquets and Gear. I've bought from them before and I can't imagine them stopping to sell.

Though you are right most big places with an active squash scene will have their own pro shops which sell racquet and sometimes allow you to demo them. That's also another good option for buying as they usually have a good selection and they know their stuff compared to regular sporting good stores like Sportschek.

^^JasmineL^^
02-18-2010, 05:30 PM
:hijack: