PDA

View Full Version : Roommate needed in MacKenzie Towne rent negotiable

Barlow
01-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I am looking for a room mate to move in.

Its a two bedroom 3 level town house.

Garage is available

Rent will be 700 ( includes garage) + half utilities

I am open to offers.

Please respond via PM for all questions.

Mods my last post seem to have been deleted, if i am not posting something that needs to be posted, please let me know. prefer PM.

Thanks,

Barlow

bulaian
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
this should probably be in the marketplace, not under General? :dunno:

ercchry
01-14-2010, 07:18 PM
what street is this on? any pics? what kind of person are you to live with? why does the rent seem somewhat steep? are you really paying $1400/month for this place? what are utilities cost normally like?

Graham_A_M
01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
this should probably be in the marketplace, not under General? :dunno:
^ It was, and after I made a comment about it the original thread was deleted, then later re-created here.

(Glad to see the decrease in rent prices BTW):thumbsup:

Barlow
01-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Ummm like i said, rent is negotiable, utitlities are on par, the gf just moved out so I'm just looking for a room mate.

I will do more research on rent prices i guess, but from what research i did do, i thought roughly 700 was fair.

I may be mistaken.

Barlow

GQNammer
01-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
are you really paying $1400/month for this place?

I'm not too sure why it matters what he's actually paying.

I would also like to add that I know of 3 people paying more than $700 (inc all utilities/internet/hdtv) each without a garage in a 1350 square foot home.

00sir2
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
$700 seems fair to me, especially considering that it includes utilities and the garage.

Good luck!!

Barlow
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry, it does not include utilities.

It includes garage.... then your responsible for half utilities.

Barlow

Spoons
01-15-2010, 03:01 PM
700 is steep. I paid 500 incl util for a HUGE fully renovated 4 bedroom house in Charleswood.

Heck 700 incl util is what I would pay up in Whistler to live right now, and it is CRAZY expensive here.

YOU also might want to add why you have been on probation for two years. That probation from beyond, or is it talking about something a little more serious?

1Bdrm in 3bdrm, 19Mile Creek twnhse, avail immed, $650/mo incl utils. Scott 604-902-0683

It's in Whistler, but I am using it for reference. If I can find 650 incl util in Whistler, super expensive village, your price is WAY to high.

Barlow
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Aftrer doing a quick search on rent faster, i believe this offer is more then fair.

This is a townhouse, not an apartment style condo.

I will take 700 utilities in.

Utilities will include heat, gas, water, and basic cable.

I have an intro offer right now with shaw, but when its over I'm not sure i will continue with the HD and all.

This can be discussed.

Barlow

ercchry
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
what kind of person are you though? party, party... invite random girls over after the bar...till 6am... on a weeknight or in bed by 8pm, lights out at 9pm... or ??

300rwhp
01-15-2010, 04:10 PM
love the guy that is comparing whistler to calgary. Apples to assholes kinda thing

2002civic
01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
This price seems more than fair, pm'd...

Spoons
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
dbl post

Spoons
01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
love the guy that is comparing whistler to calgary. Apples to assholes kinda thing

It was an extreme comparison. It is MUCH more expensive to live in Whistler, yet I found a 3 bedroom townhouse in Whistler for cheaper than he is going. Don't know where I lost ya there...

It was to simply portray that his rent is a little steep. Sorry you couldn't comprehend that.

S13_Ryan
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
anyone notice OP's custom User title.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HyperZell
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by S13_Ryan
anyone notice OP's custom User title.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes they did, which is why Spoons already asked about it.

Spoons
01-15-2010, 07:48 PM
http://www.rentfaster.ca/Calgary-Apartments-For-Rent/Lakefront-Home-to-Share-with-other-Professional-39108?r=L2xpc3RpbmdzZWFyY2gucGhwP2tleXdvcmRzPU1jS2VuemllI0xJU1RJTkczOTEwOA==

There's also that... $600 +1/3 util for a 2700 sq ft home... HOME not townhouse. And right on the lake. Also found on rentfaster...

CUG
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
http://www.rentfaster.ca/Calgary-Apartments-For-Rent/Lakefront-Home-to-Share-with-other-Professional-39108?r=L2xpc3RpbmdzZWFyY2gucGhwP2tleXdvcmRzPU1jS2VuemllI0xJU1RJTkczOTEwOA==

There's also that... $600 +1/3 util for a 2700 sq ft home... HOME not townhouse. And right on the lake. Also found on rentfaster... Yeah, when my reno's are done I'm charging $550 - $600 and half of utilities for an actual stand-alone house. I couldn't justify $700+ in a townhouse. That's a lot of cake, and you're not even near anything cool, nor are you in a trendy area of town.

Barlow
01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
I love how everyone is sh*tting on my thread.

Like I said, I'm open to offers,

If someone is interested, they should PM me....

Barlow

2Valve0
01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Is your name really barlow?

For real check rent around calgary especially in your area.
No person in their right mind would pay anything near what your asking.
You can rent a house for 1000/month in some areas why would they pay most likely 950 to you for a room?

revelations
01-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I think "negotiable" means you offer him 400$ a mo.

Spoons
01-18-2010, 03:18 AM
No one is shitting. We are simply pointing out what people should know.

Barlow
01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
what 700 all in plus garage is unreasonable?

People talking houses.

- utilities in?? ( house is more expensive then townhouse)
- Its quite
- all maintenance is done, ( no shoveling, always kept nice and clean maintenance free)
- $1000 for a house yes, but how old is the house? what neighbourhood, is it nicely furnished, newer washer dryer, new furnance,

The only thing that would need to be furnished in my palce is the tenants own room.

Barlow

scat19
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM
lmao I pay 420 a month for a bedroom with util's in a house. Perfect for saving up money.

I get free roam, and my landlord lives in drumheller 4 nights of the week.

Barlow
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
good for you

swak
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Alright, let's get back to what's really important here...

Is your name really Barlow?

Spoons
01-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Barlow
what 700 all in plus garage is unreasonable?

People talking houses.

- utilities in?? ( house is more expensive then townhouse)
- Its quite
- all maintenance is done, ( no shoveling, always kept nice and clean maintenance free)
- $1000 for a house yes, but how old is the house? what neighbourhood, is it nicely furnished, newer washer dryer, new furnance,

The only thing that would need to be furnished in my palce is the tenants own room.

Barlow

You OBVIOUSLY can not read, or you just feel like you know what I posted but are wrong. You want to get impatient, I will get impatient. Now it just SOUNDS like your trying to screw someone.

NOW if you would have read, you would have seen I posted a house for $600 + 1/3 util for a house in McKenzie ON THE LAKE. Way better location than you. And in the winter, living in a HUGE house between 2 people, I was paying about $150 for util and that was half.

OH WOW! We are looking for a full sized home (I believe furnished too, I might be wrong, doesn't matter, this is a better deal) for around $700-$750. Hey that price looks familiar.

So why would I want to live at your place when I can have a ballin' home in McKenzie on the lake. OH fuck I forgot your maintenance is done, it's quiet, and you get the experience of living with someone who was on probation! You still haven't explained that... It would help.

Good for you!

prae
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
And this kids, is why you don't post FS ads in the general. It's free to flame all you like while the thread's in here. If Barlow would have posted this where it belongs, he wouldn't be catching all this shit.

2EFNFAST
01-19-2010, 02:11 AM
Ignore all those assholes above, they just enjoy being tards.

Your offer is quite interesting, however I am curious about one thing - will you object if, from the hallway, I watch you sleep?

Redwagon
01-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey man, post this in the marketplace if you don't want the thread crapping.

Redwagon
01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Also, if you swing the other way, I'd suggest you take up 2EFNFAST's offer...

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

EFN <3s you too.

Now that introductions are out of the way, can we pan the camera down a bit and remove a few articles of clothing... =)

So you don't feel shy, I'll go first

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/me5.jpg

hey, nothing wrong with shameless self-promotion :rofl:

2EFNFAST
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Redwagon
Also, if you swing the other way, I'd suggest you take up 2EFNFAST's offer...

Hey hey hey hey now. I didn't say I wanted to sleep with him; I just asked if he'd mind if I stood in the hallway and watched him sleep. :nut:

Redwagon
01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Hey hey hey hey now. I didn't say I wanted to sleep with him; I just asked if he'd mind if I stood in the hallway and watched him sleep. :nut:

I know, I know. Just letting him know his options in case he liked what he saw and the picture persuaded him to let you watch him sleep. Just trying to help you make your case, that's all.

2EFNFAST
01-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Redwagon

I know, I know. Just letting him know his options in case he liked what he saw and the picture persuaded him to let you watch him sleep. Just trying to help you make your case, that's all.

In that case I should be thanking you.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
01-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

You OBVIOUSLY can not read, or you just feel like you know what I posted but are wrong. You want to get impatient, I will get impatient. Now it just SOUNDS like your trying to screw someone.

NOW if you would have read, you would have seen I posted a house for $600 + 1/3 util for a house in McKenzie ON THE LAKE. Way better location than you. And in the winter, living in a HUGE house between 2 people, I was paying about $150 for util and that was half.

OH WOW! We are looking for a full sized home (I believe furnished too, I might be wrong, doesn't matter, this is a better deal) for around $700-$750. Hey that price looks familiar.

So why would I want to live at your place when I can have a ballin' home in McKenzie on the lake. OH fuck I forgot your maintenance is done, it's quiet, and you get the experience of living with someone who was on probation! You still haven't explained that... It would help.

Good for you!

There are some WICKED deals out there if you take the time to look. Thats all I originally said in the first time this thread was posted.
Its definitely a renters market now. :thumbsup: