PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Gilbert Arenas!!!

cgyITguy
01-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok since everyone is hating on me for having sympathy for Eric Tillman lets give Gilbert Arenas a shot.

Yes he is an idiot, bringing guns to the arena is asking for trouble. But people are talking about suspending him for the season/life. That is a bit much.

He was fooling and joking around with his team mate, his teammate said he will shoot him in the knee or something, so he layed out his guns and said pick one. I can kinda see the humor in that. From a purely joking standpoint its funny. They all carry guns, that's part of their culture, suspend him for a few games and get on with it, :whocares:

signature7
01-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I feel bad for GA too, only cause his fiance cheated on him for Shaq... And once your girl goes with shaq, well... it won't be the same afterward LOL

cgyITguy
01-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by signature7
I feel bad for GA too, only cause his fiance cheated on him for Shaq... And once your girl goes with shaq, well... it won't be the same afterward LOL

Good point, i forgot to include that. No wonder he has so many guns on him, he would need them if he ever needed to take the big bastard down

sexualbanana
01-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by cgyITguy
Ok since everyone is hating on me for having sympathy for Eric Tillman lets give Gilbert Arenas a shot.

Yes he is an idiot, bringing guns to the arena is asking for trouble. But people are talking about suspending him for the season/life. That is a bit much.

He was fooling and joking around with his team mate, his teammate said he will shoot him in the knee or something, so he layed out his guns and said pick one. I can kinda see the humor in that. From a purely joking standpoint its funny. They all carry guns, that's part of their culture, suspend him for a few games and get on with it, :whocares:

A) How often do you take out real guns to joke with your friends?

B) Because it's part of the culture, doesn't necessarily make it right.

C) In what reality does bringing a gun to your workplace, where there are very clear and strict policies against it, sound like a good idea?

D) If you were making millions of dollars, would you risk violating a rule that could potentially cost you everything?

max_boost
01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
LOL

I did not know that's how it went down. Pick one. haha

I did not know his wife cheated on him with Shaq.

LOL

Fuck would he see any jail time? I read he got charged a felony. :eek:

Jeremiah
01-15-2010, 01:13 AM
http://theybf.com/index.php/2009/11/05/exclusive-is-shaq-cheating-on-shaunieagain/

LULZ

5hift
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
dont feel bad for him at all, he`s getting paid 100 mill plus for potential and hype

89s1
01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't feel bad for him one bit.

Shunsui
01-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I feel bad for the dude for crying out loud it's in the American culture they're all crying like it's not. I think I heard something like they weren't even loaded, doesn't that just reinforce the fact that it was just a practical joke. Everyone is calling the dude an idiot and a loser so easily it's actually sad.

tenth
01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Shunsui
I feel bad for the dude for crying out loud it's in the American culture they're all crying like it's not. I think I heard something like they weren't even loaded, doesn't that just reinforce the fact that it was just a practical joke. Everyone is calling the dude an idiot and a loser so easily it's actually sad.
Unfortunately (for you and Gilbert, not the rest of us), culture isn't an excuse to commit a serious crime or violate employment policies in place. If this were a drug dealer, gang member, etc, is culture still a perfectly acceptable excuse? Yes, this is a different scenario, but you can't write laws and apend at the end "does not apply if the gun is used as a practical joke".

Washington has had a terrible problem with gun violence, and this idiot isn't helping things out. No sympathy for whatever he gets as punishment from the feds and the NBA, which will likely be pretty rough.

mac_82
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
I don't feel bad for him one bit.

This.

sexualbanana
01-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by tenth

Unfortunately (for you and Gilbert, not the rest of us), culture isn't an excuse to commit a serious crime or violate employment policies in place. If this were a drug dealer, gang member, etc, is culture still a perfectly acceptable excuse? Yes, this is a different scenario, but you can't write laws and apend at the end "does not apply if the gun is used as a practical joke".

Washington has had a terrible problem with gun violence, and this idiot isn't helping things out. No sympathy for whatever he gets as punishment from the feds and the NBA, which will likely be pretty rough.

And you're also talking about an ownership group that changed the name of the team from the Bullets because of the violent connotations.

LongCity
01-19-2010, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
dont feel bad for him at all, he`s getting paid 100 mill plus for potential and hype

For arguments sake - I wouldn't classify him as hype and potential. That guy can score; from anywhere and any time. From 04' - 07' that guy was a beast, then he was hit with injuries. Was getting his groove back on this season but then this incident. It's just the rest of his team aren't up to par. Butler, meh and Jamison doesn't have that takeover-the-game mentality.

brownchild
01-19-2010, 02:49 AM
All of you that are talking bad about the situation, sound like some right wing American bastards. Try to remember you live in country that condones rapists and, pedophiles, and give them a few years in the sin bin, trying to rehabilitate the individual. Even murderers in our country spend less than 10 years in the prison system before being released.

Michael Vick spent close to 2 years for dog fighting, Plaxico Burris spending time for shooting his god damn self for 2 yrs.

Todd Bertuzzi damn near killed someone on the ice spent no time, Dany Heatley was responsible for killing his own friend in a car accident, spent no time. Donald Brashear's swinging hockey sticks at peoples heads, and gets nothing.

Canada Vs. USA

Both of our judicial systems are fucked up, and we need to get to the middle of this.

stevieo
01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=307850

ouch both suspended for rest of season.

shoulda stuck with Washington Bullets hahah
http://www.logoserver.com/basketball/WashingtonBullets8797.GIF

signature7
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Ouch, when was the last time someone got the rest of the season? Artest?