PDA

View Full Version : can someone make sense of the 5/3/1

civicrider
01-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I have herd lots of people talking about this system, and how it works great, I read some articles about it and it just doesn't make sense to me, can someone help me out?

liquidboi69
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Have you read the book? It's laid out really simple in the book. It's the 5/3/1 core exercise, then you choose any type of assistance work you want on the list.

Your next cycle depends on your 1RM projection on the "1" day, but downgraded by a certain % so there is room to work on the next cycle I believe.

If you are confused by assistance work, there are just a list of assistance routines that Jim Wendler calls by a certain name.

Boring But Big
The Triumvirate
I’m Not Doing Jack Shit
Periodization Bible by Dave Tate
Bodyweight

Each one of these routines is different, and you can pick which one you want to suit you. You always follow the rep/% scheme for the 5/3/1 core, then you pick whichever assistance routine you want after you do the core.

max_boost
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
It doesn't make sense because you don't have the book! Buy the book and read it! :thumbsup:

Darkane
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, the ebook is cheap. 20 bucks, it'll tell ya everything you need to know.

Just know it's strength oriented, with compound movements. Nothing fancy here except hard work.

civicrider
01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
thats what I am looking for, and I never knew there was a book dedicated to this workout thats perfect I will buy it today and see if that helps

lint
01-16-2010, 12:07 PM
if only someone made a thread about 5/3/1, with some personal experiences and links to the ebook and excel calculators... if only