PDA

View Full Version : Anybody repair fitness equipment?

Thaco
01-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a treadmill here that worked for like 6 months-a year (cant remember exactly) and now it wont start, all the buttons work and it counts the speed and stuff, but the belt does not turn, i know the motor is good because i pulled it out and had a motor rebuilding shop test it out.

does anybody know anything about these things? this thing should be a decent quality unit as it's worth like $2000

i took the top cover off and checked all visible connections and everything looks fine in that regard.

(i really just cant justify paying $200 just for someone to come look at the thing, because chances are, they'll tell me it'll cost me another $500 to fix it, and honestly, it's just not worth it to me)

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
01-16-2010, 01:21 AM
It should have a warranty, no?

adidas
01-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Ill buy it off of you for 200.

A790
01-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Ill buy it off of you for 200.
Adidas in with the lowball...!

broken_legs
01-16-2010, 05:25 PM
If the motor works than its probably the controller board that runs the motor that has fried.

Depending ont he brand it would be covered under warranty.

If you bought it at Sears or it's a sub 2000 dollar trad mill you're probably SOL.

Thaco
01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
yeah, i know the manual says something about a 10 year warranty on the motor but i think the rest only had a 6 month-year warranty (it's been sitting for a few months since it stopped working, so i am over a year)

Thaco
01-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs
If the motor works than its probably the controller board that runs the motor that has fried.

Depending ont he brand it would be covered under warranty.

If you bought it at Sears or it's a sub 2000 dollar trad mill you're probably SOL. i am thinking maybe it's a sensor or something, because the motor does run for about 1/2 a second and then stops running.