PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Spasm/twitching

bignerd
01-16-2010, 01:41 AM
I have a muscle in my back (actually on my side over the ribs) that has been twitching for about 4 days now... is there anything I can do to stop it? It twitches about every 10 seconds or so, sometimes for hours(kind of like when your eye twitches). I have heard this is because you are tired but I am not sure.

When I massage it or press on it the spasm just moves lower down in the muscle, it is starting to get really annoying and distracting. Doesn't hurt, just twitches constantly.

Is there anything I can do to stop it? I helped push some cars out there were stuck in the last few days so perhaps it is from that but like I said it is not sore so I didn't pull or strain anything.

JAYMEZ
01-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Could be a pinched nerve in your neck or spine.. Or you actually might be really dehydrated (Happens to my legs when I dont have enough liquids in me)

If all fails , drink alot of water and take a robax muscle relaxant.

colt22
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Could be elevated ck levels (creatine kinase), your body produces more of this when you are injured (possibly micro tears in your shoulder). CK usually causes the sensation you are experiencing.

bignerd
01-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Will try more water then, driving me nuts. It has let up a little today but still there.

Usually when it is your twitching it lasts about 5 minutes and goes away for few weeks.

syritis
01-17-2010, 12:03 AM
I get the same thing in my neck and chest. i've been to a couple doctors about it now. they all agree that it muscle spasms caused by anxiety or stress.

the last time it happened in my chest my whole right side tensed up and i couldn't breath deeply for about 30seconds my muscles were sore the next day.

the doctors said if it happens often (they didn't tell me what often was) that it can be medicated but usually just staying relaxed is the key.