PDA

View Full Version : new Rogers HUP Program

j.lai
01-16-2010, 12:09 PM
no more revenue based tiers!!
:clap: :clap:

so heres the new hup enhanced program

Effective January 15th2010, Rogers is eliminating Hardware Upgrade Tier fees! As part of the new enhancements customers will benefit from being able to upgrade every 24 months at both the 2 and 3 year in market price which will now align with new customer pricing. All customers within a multi-line account will be eligible for 2 and 3 year in market pricing after 24 months since initial activation or last hardware upgrade. And the $35 administration fee will be consistent across all consumer upgrades.

Details:

As a customer’s monthly spend and loyalty accumulates since last upgrade or initial activation, they will have more discounted device options available to them, meaning more device categories (listed below) may become available prior to month 24.
High value customers may have the option to upgrade early (as early as month 12) to a discounted or promotional offer based on the customers monthly spend and time since last upgrade or initial activation.
Sal es Central Hardware Upgrade eligibility will display only those devices that the customer is eligible for.
HUP eligibility will be enhanced to include 5 new device categories the customer is upgrading to:
Category I: Voice (classic phones)

Category II: Quick Messaging Devices (QMD)

Category III : Blackberry

Category IV: Other Smartphones (Android, Windows Mobile etc.)

Category V: iPhone

BlackArcher101
01-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Um, doesn't "monthly spend" refer to how much the customer spends per month (meaning the more you spend the quicker you upgrade)?

j.lai
01-16-2010, 09:00 PM
the more you spend means the wider variety of devices you can buy and how long you have to wait until another upgrade, but all the devices you can get are under new activation price

I checked my account today and I did a recent HUP in June 09, and it hasnt even been 12 months yet and I can do another smartphone upgrade for new activation price

Katz123
02-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi j.lai,

I wish I had Known about that earlier. Just did a HUG for 2 phones and added a 3rd line for my son. We got 2 smartphones (Nokia N86 8MP) for $0.99 each, but boy did I have to fight to get them. For my son I had to pay $29.95 for the Nokia Surge on a new 3 year term (added to the renewed family plan) Also the plan I got is still not the one I wanted. :banghead: Do you know anything about the plans as well. Is there anything I can do to change it?

Thanks,

Katz123
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
j.lai,

Quote:
I checked my account today and I did a recent HUP in June 09, and it hasnt even been 12 months yet and I can do another smartphone upgrade for new activation price

Question:
How do you check your account for this? Can you do it online thru My Rogers or do you have to call in and speak to a CSR?

Thanks,

Katz123
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
j.lai,

Sorry bout the hug earlier...didn't mean it really...typo...LOL

j.lai
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
new term starts today so new plans/devices will be introduced