PDA

View Full Version : Dry Wall Repair

Spoons
01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
SO anyways while waking up today I remembered about the crack I kicked in the drywall back at my old house in Calgary. My best friends still live there, so I don't really want to screw them over and just leave it for them.

Can anyone on here help me out or know of someone? I want the job done WELL, so only well skilled people, and preferably one with a reference as well (seeing how I will be dealing with this from Squamish, so I won't be able to see the actual work done).

It's just a small crack, very light repair. No hole. All I need is it to be repaired, then painted (blended in of course).

Get back to me ASAP. I forgot about this awhile ago so need it done now.

Thanks,
Russ

TomcoPDR
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
What area is the house located? You might get better response from someone willing to help if they live really close to it.

Spoons
01-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Woops sorry. The house is in Charlsewood. Right on Northmount Dr and Charlsewood Dr.

project240
01-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Do you have a picture? What about matching paint?

I can repair that for you. Pm me your info and I'll give you a call.

UndrgroundRider
01-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
SO anyways while waking up today I remembered about the crack I kicked in the drywall back at my old house in Calgary. My best friends still live there, so I don't really want to screw them over and just leave it for them.

Can anyone on here help me out or know of someone? I want the job done WELL, so only well skilled people, and preferably one with a reference as well (seeing how I will be dealing with this from Squamish, so I won't be able to see the actual work done).

It's just a small crack, very light repair. No hole. All I need is it to be repaired, then painted (blended in of course).

Get back to me ASAP. I forgot about this awhile ago so need it done now.

Thanks,
Russ

Do it yourself. Paying a contractor to come out is a waste of money. They will charge you a minimum number of hours, sand (5 mins), slap a quick coat of spackle on (5 mins), watch it dry (30 mins, depending on size of crack), sand again (5 mins), paint (5 mins).

Most likely you are looking at 2 hours minimum billing, for what is essentially 20 minutes of honest work. Not that it isn't justified, since travel time adds up, but it's really not a good bang-for-buck repair.

C_Dave45
01-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

Do it yourself. Paying a contractor to come out is a waste of money. They will charge you a minimum number of hours, sand (5 mins), slap a quick coat of spackle on (5 mins), watch it dry (30 mins, depending on size of crack), sand again (5 mins), paint (5 mins).

Most likely you are looking at 2 hours minimum billing, for what is essentially 20 minutes of honest work. Not that it isn't justified, since travel time adds up, but it's really not a good bang-for-buck repair.

uhh...all the way from Squamish to do a 20 minute job?

(seeing how I will be dealing with this from Squamish, so I won't be able to see the actual work done).

UndrgroundRider
01-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

uhh...all the way from Squamish to do a 20 minute job?

It's too early to read, obviously.

My bad.

koopkoop2
01-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I know you said there's no hole but, compared to a contractor, this is the cheapest and fastest way:

Rona Wall Patch Repair Kit $15

http://www.rona.ca/img/product/medium/1891017.jpg

http://www.rona.ca/shop/~hole-repair-kit-fibatape-362395_!patch_shop

CUG
01-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Woops sorry. The house is in Charlsewood. Right on Northmount Dr and Charlsewood Dr. Wish I would have seen this thread earlier, I was just up there with a bucket of mud and knives.

How big is the wall the crack is in? Do you have a can of paint for it? I'm free tomorrow if you need it fixed. PM me.