PDA

View Full Version : okay is this normal

surferbaby13
11-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Okay body kits as in car kits whatever you guys call them are they bolted on or molded onto the car?
Because today I saw a green civic with a kit that was bolted on and it looked plastic. I couldn't stop laughing.:eek:

That.Guy.S30
11-26-2003, 07:52 PM
most are bolted on.. some crz ppl mold shit onto there car

DUBBED
11-26-2003, 08:00 PM
:confused:

sxtasy
11-26-2003, 08:15 PM
maybe it was a good ol' homemade kit bolted on. I've seen a few pretty bad homemade kits around.

hooligan
11-26-2003, 08:56 PM
that was me, I saw you laughing, it hurts.

syeve
11-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by hooligan
that was me, I saw you laughing, it hurts. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Moe Man
11-26-2003, 10:47 PM
this is y i am glad to own a VW :drama:

surferbaby13
11-26-2003, 11:14 PM
vw....what does that have to do with anything?
what and there's no such thing as a gay looking vw? hahaha

illeagle
11-26-2003, 11:17 PM
^^^ B U R N ! ! ! ! ! ^^^

THE GOVERNATOR
11-26-2003, 11:31 PM
yea usually some kits might look decent if you did'nt see all the bolts connecting to you car cause a body kit should make a car look sexy not a frakenstine with bolts all hanging all over the place

hooligan
11-27-2003, 12:24 AM
yeah, A body kit should do that!

roopi
11-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by surferbaby13
Okay body kits as in car kits whatever you guys call them are they bolted on or molded onto the car?
Because today I saw a green civic with a kit that was bolted on and it looked plastic. I couldn't stop laughing.:eek:

Yes most use bolts. However most (that I've seen) are designed so the bolts are hidden.

Originally posted by hooligan
that was me, I saw you laughing, it hurts.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Moe Man
this is y i am glad to own a VW :drama:

:dunno: :confused:

sputnik
11-27-2003, 09:47 AM
i saw a white "wide-body" civic with a pair of ungodly looking bolt on rear 1/4 panels

was pulling out of the parking lot of that perfomance shop on 32nd ave near 19th st NE

GTS Jeff
11-27-2003, 11:24 AM
te trd fender flares for my car have about 20 bolts showing on the outside. theyre pretty damned hardcore too.

thich
11-27-2003, 01:00 PM
rivet fender flares...... :eek:

i love those! JDM rice! :hitit:

dam_guy
11-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
i saw a white "wide-body" civic with a pair of ungodly looking bolt on rear 1/4 panels

was pulling out of the parking lot of that perfomance shop on 32nd ave near 19th st NE

and looky looky, its for sale
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28046

frostyda9
11-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Exposed bolts are fucntional....that way when you realize your car looks like a bloated whale you dont have to chip away paint and bondo to remove the kit :thumbsup:

Pete92SL
11-27-2003, 07:13 PM

Surferbaby... lol yeah I have seen it. The guy is a member here, or used to be.

Hey Melinda, remember Mike with the ITR...had the accident...with you in it? well I hope you remember that....cause that civic is his car :)

Pete

Ben
11-27-2003, 07:23 PM
vw....what does that have to do with anything?
what and there's no such thing as a gay looking vw? hahaha

Originally posted by roopi

:dunno: :confused:

Basicly, hes saying that most VWs dont need corney flashy huge exhuberant body kits, lights and wings to look good. The classic Euro look seems to be the most respected form, following in line with the subtle kits they have for the aformentioned as well as BMW, Mercedes, and other European makes.

hooligan
11-27-2003, 07:58 PM
yeah but you can't argue with walmarts sucess!

G-unit represent!:whocares:

SI-vic
12-01-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Basicly, hes saying that most VWs dont need corney flashy huge exhuberant body kits, lights and wings to look good. The classic Euro look seems to be the most respected form, following in line with the subtle kits they have for the aformentioned as well as BMW, Mercedes, and other European makes.

I agree.
For some reason, most VW's I see are respectable and very clean. I respect many VW owners for that reason

Ben
12-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic

I agree.
For some reason, most VW's I see are respectable and very clean. I respect many VW owners for that reason

Awesome, your respect has just increased by a large percentage, as I used to have a disliking for anyone driving 99 civics, haha, these people in the past hated everything but their civic.

Cheers to a good Civic owner :)

calgarys13
12-01-2003, 05:42 PM
the best way to do it is with rivets and then molded onto the car..do that and its not going anywhere

finboy
12-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Ben

couldn't have said it better myself.

the parents wolfsburg edition gets new paint next year :D
time for big bumpers, g60 flares, and GLi sideskirts, might have to pull the motor too, think i can sneak a vnt turbo in w.o them noticing? :bigpimp: