PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Beach headset issue

spikerS
01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Anyone else having an issue with the Earforce X31s?

my issue is where the cable connects to the headset, it is not able to get a complete and tight connection. it seems that the curvature of the ear cup is not allowing a tight connection. it seems the slightest twitch of my head causes the cable to fall out. I am trying to find out if this is normal, or if this is a production defect, or what?

I have sent multiple emails to turtle beach regarding this but i am not getting any responses.

spikerS
01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
HAHAHAHA *GASP* HAHAHAHA

this was priceless. I love the official temporary fix turtle beach has. It totally works, but soooo not expected!

this is the email I sent in:

VTB Webmaster to me
show details 7:30 PM (23 hours ago)

I just purchased a set of X31's and I gotta say for the most part, it has been great. My problem is where the mic cord connects to the headset. It seems like a design flaw as the curve of the headset is not allowing a full connection when plugging the cable into the headset. the slightest twitch of your head makes the cable fall out, and there is constant "popping". If i don't use the cable, everything is great. However, since I play online with alot of friends, having chat function is a necessity. I am debating taking a dremmel to the headset to just peel back some of the plastic to allow for a firm connection, but am hesitating as I have a feeling that if I do, I will void my warranty...

And this is the response:

You probably have a bad talkback cable. Please send me a scanned copy of your receipt along with your name address (including city, state and zip code) and phone number and I'll arrange to have a replacement cable sent to you.

Meanwhile, please follow the instructions at this link for a temporary fix until you get the replacement cable:

http://turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=download&EntryID=1056

VTB Webmaster

I just could not help myself, I thought this temp fix is one of the funniest things i have ever seen!

signature7
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
hah pretty sweet though, at least you can still use it while waiting for the new one via snail mail.

legendboy
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
hah at least they had a temp fix for you!

I am loving my X1's