PDA

View Full Version : Laptop screen replacement

K3RMIT.
01-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Anyone know where I can go to get my Laptop screen fixed? accidently dropped it last night, and the whole screen is like busted. I phoned memory express and they said hp wont send them parts to fix it.

Anyone know a place in calgary that will fix it? My laptop is hp pavilion dv5-1124ca

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
It might be cheaper to get a new laptop, screen replacement is usually pretty expensive afaik.

suen17
01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
You can get new screens on Ebay. You just need the right part number.

I recently bought a new screen for a macbook and installed it myself for 120$ shipped.

93accord
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
^^:werd: I purchased my toshiba lcd screen for $139 shipped and installed it myself.

check out http://www.lcds4less.com

i bought mine from these guys.

K3RMIT.
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 93accord
^^:werd: I purchased my toshiba lcd screen for $139 shipped and installed it myself.

check out http://www.lcds4less.com

i bought mine from these guys.

I checked the site, and it didnt seem to have one specifically for my model of laptop.hmphh...

i want someone to do it for me, cuz im scared to bust the damn thing even more hahaa:cry:

93accord
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
lol I was scared myself before I was changing it but it was really simple. google the instructions for screen replacement for your particular laptop, thats what I did and I was able to find some good info. If the screen is cracked then you really cant bust it anymore. the only real thing that you could damage is the signal cable that is if you cut it or pull it out too hard.

I didnt have any knowledge before I started but google and common sense did it for me. You can always call the company lcds4less at the provided number. I remember I had to confirm my lcd so I gave them a call and they helped me out.

topmade
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I see a couple on Ebay right now. If you are really that scared, buy it and take it to any pc repair shop and they'll swap it out for you.

shakalaka
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Or get one of these guys that did their own to do it for you. Obviously if they are comfortable doing that and ok with it.

K3RMIT.
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 93accord
lol I was scared myself before I was changing it but it was really simple. google the instructions for screen replacement for your particular laptop, thats what I did and I was able to find some good info. If the screen is cracked then you really cant bust it anymore. the only real thing that you could damage is the signal cable that is if you cut it or pull it out too hard.

I didnt have any knowledge before I started but google and common sense did it for me. You can always call the company lcds4less at the provided number. I remember I had to confirm my lcd so I gave them a call and they helped me out.

Oh never thought about calling them! haha. i will give them a call tomorrow morning, just incase they're closed or something.

Anyone wanna do it for me?

Khyron
01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
No local store will repair the HP pav - you have to send it to HP and then they send it back. It's actually a lot better now, about 1 week turn around.

But yah, new LCD is usually worth more than the laptop unless it's really new.

Also HP sometimes covers accidental damage so you may get the screen for free. CALL THEM.

G-ZUS
01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
if u order one on ebay ill install it for u for 25 bucks