PDA

View Full Version : It's official - I'm a better driver than Jenson Button!

rage2
01-17-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/80936

Jenson Button has revealed how he almost made an unintended impact upon McLaren when he arrived at the McLaren Technology Centre to visit his new team during a snowstorm two weeks ago.

The 2009 world champion recently took delivery of a white Mercedes C63 road car, but speaking on the interview stage at AUTOSPORT International in Birmingham, described how the 500bhp machine became a bit of a handful in the icy conditions.

"I actually arrived at Woking about 10 days ago in the snow, and I was struggling a little bit with the car in the snow," Button related.

"To be fair, I should be ok at driving whatever, but I drove into the factory sideways and thought I was going to wipe out the entrance sign. I just gathered it up and left it there, because I couldn't drive it any further."
Weak. I drove my C63 the entire winter! :rofl:

JordanAndrew
01-17-2010, 08:17 PM
haha I guess he's use to F1 driving and completely forgot how to drive a "Normal" baller car.

I still wish I had enough money to drive a C63 as a winter beater.

KRyn
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
I still wish I had enough money to drive a C63 as a winter beater.

You may still be able to get your nose up rage2's butt a little further if you try really hard.

Maybe it was his first winter driving experience?

rage2
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Maybe it was his first winter driving experience?
Nah, his tires were the problem. I just stopped quoting the article at that point cuz it'd be funnier haha.

KRyn
01-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Nah, his tires were the problem. I just stopped quoting the article at that point cuz it'd be funnier haha.

What tires come stock on the C63 AMG? I assume a high performance type that don't perform very well in winter? One would assume he would have known better.

Cock Knuckle
01-17-2010, 08:50 PM
His situation is entirely understandable. I used to know a British guy that raced super karts (seriously badass karts), but when behind the wheel of a farm truck on a snowy road drove like a little girl. He was just "totally out of his element".

Though I must say, the general consensus is that most limeys can't drive for shit in the best of conditions. They should have been limited to sailboat speed, as that is the only speed the population has been able to manage historically.

For all of the exceptions though, I have one word: Vikings:D Figure 1: WRC

rage2
01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
What tires come stock on the C63 AMG? I assume a high performance type that don't perform very well in winter? One would assume he would have known better.
P Zeros. They're undrivable in light snow or slush, and Britain got massive amounts of snow due to global warming.

m10-power
01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/42000/42237/gbritain_tmo_2010007_lrg.jpg

Maybe they should have the next global warming summit there...

rage2
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Jesus, lemme fix that image for ya! :rofl:

01RedDX
01-18-2010, 01:41 AM

gqmw
01-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Guys, I see the irony but global warming.... I mean climate change :facepalm: actually fits with freak events such as heavy storms, pockets of cold air over UK, Chinese guys outperforming F1 drivers and other anomalies. ;)

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4876/map201001.jpg

:rofl:

benyl
01-18-2010, 09:53 AM

As stated. PZeros. They only last 5,000 miles on the C63.

Chris Elyea
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by rage2
It's official - I'm a better driver than Jenson Button!
Peter Windsor would like you to call him. Please make your cheque out to US F1 and meet the team in Bahrain in March... uh no, sorry, I meant Spain in May.