PDA

View Full Version : Unlock AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000??

littledan
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone. I purchased a Bold 9000 from ebay locked to AT&T.

I took this phone to my local cell phone shop that does unlocking and was told that this particular model (At&t) was not able to be unlocked properly. Does anyone know of a place that will be able to unlock this successfully? Is this even possible? I would like to use this Bold on my Fido account.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

shakalaka
01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
I thought BB's only needed a code to be input in one of the menu options and nothing more? I will let someone else chime in on this, but that's what my old BB was like.

BTW if you don't mind me asking how much did it end up costing you to get it from ebay? Been thinking of doing the same.

littledan
01-17-2010, 10:40 PM
This is strange. I thought it would be an easy unlock for them and have seen lots of sites online advertising the unlocking.

I'm a little nervous to try and unlock it though if it f's up I don't wanna be out the ~$300 i paid for this thing... Please helP!
:dunno:

shakalaka
01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Did you try googling this? Those sites that advertise unlocking read them. My old BB, I think it was Pearl, I just picked one random site like that and it emailed me an unlocking code which I had to put in one of the options of the phone and that was it. Pretty sure Bold was like that too? I am sure someone should be able to help you out.

ercchry
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
should have no issue, i used this site... mine was locked to rogers but it should be the same deal

http://www.mobileincanada.com/?l=en&u=all

toyboy88
01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Did they try and unlock it and get some sort of an error?

Or did they just see the phone/model, and were like we can't unlock it?

Because it should be able to unlock no problem, unless it was reported stolen or something like that prior to you buying it in the US. That's the only reason why I think it would NOT work...

That being said, I unlock phones (Beyond price) if your still looking to get it done. See my trader rating, PM if you want to get it done.

Cheers

littledan
01-17-2010, 11:09 PM
pm'd

they did not try and unlock it just looked at the IMEI and said it was not unlockable..

K3RMIT.
01-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by littledan
pm'd

they did not try and unlock it just looked at the IMEI and said it was not unlockable..

the exact thing happened to me when i tried to unlocked my blackberry 9700, i still havent figured out why. they said my IMEI was not found or something -___-