PDA

View Full Version : Dragons' Den

UndrgroundRider
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyone know where I can find season 1 of the CBC version of this show? I was able to grab season 2-4 off of itunes, but there is no season 1.

S13_Ryan
01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Torrent it?

Super_Geo
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
One of my favorite shows on TV... you can get all the BBC ones on torrents. There's also Shark Tank from the US.

darkkent
01-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Shark Tank is ok but DD is much better.
The chemistry between the dragons is more entertaining to watch.
Shark Tank is Robert and Kevin from DD doing most of the talking.

scat19
01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
DD is one of my favorite shows. I want to be an investor like them.

My favorite is Kevin.

I like the different personalities and how they each made money, hippie brent vs angry kevin, interesting.

RX_EVOLV
01-19-2010, 10:30 AM
you guys should watch the UK one, its Soooo much better and real. The dragons actually fight over each other for a deal, instead of the " Yeh I'm in on that too" style that CBC has.

Imagine the whole panel is made out of Kevin. That's UK Dragon's Den.

Mar
01-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Anyone catch the guys from Calgary who made the hammer? You know if they're selling those yet?

Wrinkly
01-19-2010, 06:47 PM
^^ Also the "Grease Monkey Wipes". They really work - can't wait to see them in stores!

Edit: sorry, was on Shark Tank not Dragon's Den, and they're online: www.greasemonkeywipes.com

:thumbsup:

D. Dub
01-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Anyone catch the guys from Calgary who made the hammer? You know if they're selling those yet?

It was a great idea -- but was designed for specific use in "cribbing"

I really don't see the mass market appeal of this product?!?!?!

Mar
01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by D. Dub

It was a great idea -- but was designed for specific use in "cribbing"

I really don't see the mass market appeal of this product?!?!?! More efficient for someone who knows how to use a hammer but is not dead on every time. I might miss the head of the nail 1 in 5 hits but this thing has 100% efficiency. It just takes longer to set up on each nail so you wouldn't want to use it for a big job.

dino_martini
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
I think Kevin is a douche. Doesn't matter where I see him, DD or BNN or whatever other random show he can find his way on to. I'm more of a Robert fan my self.

:dunno:

97'Scort
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I love the show :) Kevin is the Simon Cowell of venture capitalism. You know when he likes something, it's going to be good. And he's a good guitar player.

UndrgroundRider
01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I think Kevin is a douche. Doesn't matter where I see him, DD or BNN or whatever other random show he can find his way on to. I'm more of a Robert fan my self.

:dunno:

I can't stand Robert. He's so mentally unstable. He seems to think everything is some sort of slight against him. If you watch the specials where they did the individual interviews at the end of the season, Robert is a crazy chicken. He believes in some real crackpot stuff.

dino_martini
01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

I can't stand Robert. He's so mentally unstable. He seems to think everything is some sort of slight against him. If you watch the specials where they did the individual interviews at the end of the season, Robert is a crazy chicken. He believes in some real crackpot stuff.

I guess we would be good business partners. I am mentally unstable, and I love crazy ideas.

sevewone
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Apparently that underwear "saxx (http://www.saxxapparel.com/) " that was invented from some guys in Kelowna is doing pretty good. When I was at Freeride in Kelowna a couple weeks ago a couple locals were telling me they sell out all the time.

CMW403
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by sevewone
Apparently that underwear "saxx (http://www.saxxapparel.com/) " that was invented from some guys in Kelowna is doing pretty good. When I was at Freeride in Kelowna a couple weeks ago a couple locals were telling me they sell out all the time.

ahaha my cousin just bought a few pairs of these. fucking hilarious

R-Audi
01-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by sevewone

If I could afford it.. SAXX would be all I wore! At $30 a pop they certainly arent cheap!

97'Scort
01-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm going to pick up a pair for the gym, they sound comfortable.

sevewone
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah I was thinking of getting a pair.....Buuuuut, then I saw the 24$ price tag on them.

dingmah
01-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
Robert is a pussy Dragon. He always looks for another Dragon to go in on a deal with him, or tries to jump into one once another Dragon makes an offer. But he doesn't have the balls to do any deals on his own.

Kevin thinks he's God, and is starting to get really lame with his "where's there/how do I make money", "I tell the truth" one-liners over and over. But in many instance when he talks, he knows his shit inside out and he's right. When they show the post show Dragon's Den updates, you're damn lucky to have Kevin as an investor, because he puts in his all into your business to help you succeed. Case in point the 2 women with the ladies garden gloves, Kevin went onto The Shopping Channel himself to sell the gloves.

Jim is just the old man on the show who oogles at the eye candy, like last night with the Dr. Mist pitcher's daughter.... who was super hot btw :poosie: I don't quite know why Jim is really there, but it just seems like he only gets interested in food related pitches, and how he can use it in his restaurants. Overall, he hasn't really done any deals from what I can remember.

Arlene is varied and tries to do a lot of deals on her own. She knows her marketing inside out, and if she sees that a business just needs some marketing to succeed, she'll usually make an offer. Although it can be quite ignorant of her sometimes to offer $xxx,xxxx of marketing services in lieu of cash. Also, she can see the potential in some businesses that the other male Dragons just don't get.

Brett is my favourite Dragon and he probably has done more deals on his own than all the other 4 Dragons combined. He knows his shit inside out as well because of his background as an oil & gas & mining i-banker. He has a genuine heart for business and entrepreneurs, and he's not on the show looking to ream start ups for all they have. His life story is quite inspiring, and he has a lot of knowledge to impart onto people, not just businessmen. Check out his entire life story below, it's very interesting. Oh yeh, he's also from Calgary!

tGeBoqIvEtg
FFU_XuEBDrY
ruS0crITxYQ
7ZQ-l28vZkA
yDkBvEd9YQs
GkogkBrxTcw