PDA

View Full Version : city of calgary snow plows

methodicreign
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Is it just me, or did anyone else see snow plows cruising thier streets last night. I have seen a snowplow go down the main road near my house at least twice a week for the last 3 weeks. When ever you see those retards on the news there always talking about having no budget, and not doing side roads for lack of resources and other equally weak excuses. The side roads now are a total loss, no amount of plowing is going to fix the 2-3 sometimes 4 inch thick ice ruts that weeks of driving has formed, however you would think if the main roads are already clear and dry you could send some of those plows down the side streets instead of going over the same roads again. Just my 2 cents, wondering if I am alone in this one???

chkolny541
01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
well the thing is that these roads guys are still getting paid out regardless of what they really do, so i guess they are just kinda cruising round screwing the pooch:dunno:

BlackArcher101
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Probably putting down salt or sand before it starts chilling again. Believe it or not, whenever they are out they are usually doing something with a purpose.

methodicreign
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
I thought of that, and that would make sence, however not the case, or at least on my street it wasn't, I will admit it is possible givin my proximity to the sand pit they load up on, they might be going on to a differant district. I do know from friends back home, (merit and kamloops BC) that the coquihalla plow guys routinely spend 3-4 hours a shift sleeping in rest areas or plain old killing time. They do not drive around however as the city checks the odometers. wouldn't surprise me to know there pooch pounding away.

Government workers doing the bare minimum or less and still getting paid a rediculous amount of money, Say it ain't so

89s1
01-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Somebody mention city of calgary plows?
http://www2.swaylocks.com/files/1021441_subaru%20plow.jpg

Nufy
01-18-2010, 11:46 PM
City of Calgary Snow Plows.......

and Unicorns....

I have heard of but have yet to see either.

They are about as elusive as a Flames win right now............

ShermanEF9
01-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Nufy
City of Calgary Snow Plows.......

and Unicorns....

I have heard of but have yet to see either.

They are about as elusive as a Flames win right now............
Zing!

badatusrnames
01-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Sometimes I'll see then just scraping along main roads that are already free of snow and ice, just happily showering sparks everywhere.

The guy driving it has to know there's no need to do what he's doing, but he's just doing what he's told and getting paid I suppose...

FraserB
01-19-2010, 12:05 AM
The snowplow crews are told what roads they will be driving on a shift. If that road is bone dry, they still have to drive it, they can't go cruise down a residential street even if it is obvious its needed more. The problem is that if you plow one residential or side road, you have to do them all or someone will bitch. The crews also do maintenance on their trucks at the yards during shift.

The people you should be pissed at are the planners, not the drivers following the instructions of their supervisor.