PDA

View Full Version : "vans" red translucent tail light paint

2K255HP
08-28-2002, 12:44 AM
does anyone know where i can get this?

or any other type of translucent taillight spray paint?

Ed the SOHC
08-28-2002, 12:48 AM
just use candy apple red model paint from pms hobby store. Works great on the taillights cuz it's translucent! :thumbsup:

MrX
08-28-2002, 12:23 PM
How does the model paint hold up to pressure washers??

I had an idea of mixing regular red car paint (small amounts) to clearcoat (large amounts) to produce a clear red paint. Don't know if it'll work, but if it does it should come out pretty good, and should make them tail lights looks like new again. Oh yeah, I was going to go to Dean's Autobody to get them to mix it and put it in a spray can too.

MYKN
08-28-2002, 12:55 PM
i pretty sure deans went under. not entirely positive

del-lude
08-28-2002, 12:56 PM
PM on 32 ave carries Testors transparent red paint or try Chinook Hoobby and West, they have some too.

LUDELVR
08-28-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by del-lude
PM on 32 ave carries Testors transparent red paint or try Chinook Hoobby and West, they have some too.

shit is cheap too! I think it's like 3 or 4 dollars a can! Fuck I remember, I went to richmond one time and I was asking if they had any at this one shop and the guy told me the did and they wanted 10 dollars per can!! I was like, fuck off man, it's 4 dollars in calgary...plus I don't have to pay an extra 7 % tax!!! hahahah:rofl: :rofl:

2K255HP
08-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Thanx for the info
if any of you kno the 2k2 and 2k3 maxima's have the crome taillights but they house red lense up top and orange on the bottom.

Many have tried to open them up and have concluded the tailights are pressure fitted and one guy actually thought of just taking out the bulb and spraying into the hole to get rid of the orange to make it a nice red circle

It didn't turn out bad it matched maybe about 90% to the top red half and i'm considering doing it to mine cuz i just can't stand that orange :thumbsdow