PDA

View Full Version : Hand Numbness

JAYMEZ
01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey guys ,

Just wondering if anyone experiences hand numbness from heavy lifting , and what they do? Yes I could ask my dad who is a doctor , but me and him dont communicate to well LOL.

Anyways , I only get this after extreme lifting , and sometimes i wake up and my fingers are basically stuck..

Could be Tendinitis or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.. Do you guys have any tricks or stretches to prevent this? It even hurts to use my mouse on my computer for to long.. Gdamnit.

Oz-
01-19-2010, 12:16 PM
I have gotten this on my pinky and ring finger a few times. Mainly when I do my heavy Kroc Rows or heavy singles in deadlifting. Normally it is some pinching/tightness in my trap/subscap/rotator cuff area. I have found that buying a thera-cane and this book (http://www.amazon.ca/Trigger-Point-Therapy-Workbook-Second/dp/1572243759/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263924837&sr=8-1) helped me quite a bit.

What I also notcied in my experience is that my ergo setup at work, just plain sucked. Small changes helped relieve me of most of my pain.

You could also look at getting A.R.T. done on your arm/hand/shoulder for this. It would be painful to remove the scar tissue but you will feel relief.

JAYMEZ
01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
^^^ Thats what I get.. My pinky will be locked sometimes when I wake up. LOL.

Oz-
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
From a severity standpoint, it could be just simple muscles tensed up. But who knows how bad it could be. Get it looked at by someone other then your father for a medical opinion.

In the meantime, you can get temporary relief with A.R.T., myofascial massage, or physio. Good luck.

Kobe
01-19-2010, 04:37 PM
carpel tunnel man..

I had it, i got surgery on it since the brace wasnt working.. it happens if you use the computer lots...

The brace is great for sleeping with it so ur hand isn't numb in the morning, mine got so bad it was tingling 24/7 for a few months before I got surgery on it...

But ya Physio is suppose to help as well, get something done about it before it is numb all the time and u need to get surgery...