PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Parts/Upgrades.

codetrap
01-19-2010, 12:07 PM
So, it's true.. I have the bug. Mostly because stuff is starting to break and wear out, and I don't believe in just replacing like with like if there's something better out there.

So, for my 06 Jetta Wagon, I'm thinking about the following..

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV_GLI--1.8T/Lighting/Headlights/ES10980/

Mostly I'm thinking of these because the lenses on the originals are scarred from the road pretty bad, and they're not all that bright at night. I'm not concerned about "angel eyes" or anything like that, I just want to be able to see at night!

I just finished putting the Atlas skid plate on, and I'm happy with that, though I'm going to coat it with that rhino-liner stuff on the inside to try and reduce the noise. I have all the materials kicking around, so it's just an afternoon of playing the garage.

I'm also debating chipping it as well, since I see there are a couple of reasonably priced chips out there. Any suggestions there would be welcome as well.

Edit. After finishing reading a bunch on tdiclub, probably end up going with a rocketchip and bigger injectors.

94boosted
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
My advice would be to make it fast and then make it look good :thumbsup:

codetrap
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
94boosted.. making it fast is always fun, but in reality it's our family car, so I'm going for a balance of good/fast/safe. After all, I still have to answer to the CFO on any purchases over $100 ;)

94boosted
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Ahh well if that's the case then those HID's would look baller ;)

codetrap
03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I got the new lights in, gonna aim them tonight. I'm thinking the next is a turbo upgrade. VNT-17, and a tune to take advantage of it all. Then perhaps some new rims this spring.

All pending the Wife's approval. Will post a couple of pics later tonight when I get the lights aimed.

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_45&products_id=761