PDA

View Full Version : BMW Fanatic meets Jay Leno - On the streets, in a Veyron

scat19
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11194581#post11194581

This past Sunday (1/17/10) was the grand revival of our local Supercar Sunday meet out in Woodland Hills. It certainly was a great meet, with well over 160+ cars of all make and type. Bruce Mayer even brought out his classic Ferrari 250 Testarossa (which is worth $10+ million!).

The show was winding down, so my two friends hopped in my M3 for so we could hit up the local canyons for a bit of fun. As we are at the light waiting to make a left turn, I spot a Bugatti Veyron Grandsport cruising up. I had my windows down, so I give the guy a peace sign as he turns in past me, just to say "what's up" to a fellow car enthusiast. The driver does the Nixon double peace sign back, and we all saw it was Jay Leno driving.

So we pull a bit of a u-turn and catch to him, we figure he's going to the show, but he makes a wrong turn in the opposite direction. So we pull next to him, and after a brief conversation in the middle of the street, he asks "where's the show?" So I tell him we need to turn around and he can just follow me. He says "Thanks. By the way, what year is your car?" to which I replay "2001." The he says "Cool. That body style is definitely the best looking M3 ever. I'm not really a fan of the new ones." :D

After leading him to the show we got to talking a bit, he's a really cool and down to earth guy. Normally I don't get star-struck, but having Jay Leno look over my car and compliment it on the color, the "proper gear box," and restate that the E46 is the best looking M3, well needless to say my day was made :excited::excited::excited:

I've been watching Jay's Garage forever, and to actually meet the guy, be a guide to a local show, and give my M3 the :thumbsup:, well it certainly is a day I'll never forget. Thanks Jay!

Thought I'd share :)

Watch the thread, he is going to add pics and video soon.

I think that's pretty cool IMO.

adidas
01-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I heard conan was there as well.

2EFNFAST
01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
This thread could be so much cooler if there was a tinted windshield reference ...

//tinted windshield reference :angel:

chkolny541
01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by adidas

riding backseat to leno:rofl:

Nufy
01-19-2010, 03:35 PM

But they couldn't agree on a parking spot........

ClearBluewater
01-19-2010, 07:33 PM
jay Leno is a huge douchebag in my books for taking Conans show

methodicreign
01-19-2010, 07:44 PM
um, blame NBC not jay leno, they douche knuckled him into doing a differant show and when that failed they went back to what worked, besides conan is getting well compinsated for his loss, shitty shoes to be in, but not jay's fault

Jlude
01-19-2010, 08:39 PM
That's a really cool story... It's so funny how people get star struck when they meet stars.

signature7
01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by scat19
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11194581#post11194581

Watch the thread, he is going to add pics and video soon.

I think that's pretty cool IMO.

Pretty sweet story. I've heard many times that Jay is a cool guy to bump into and doesn't act all uppity. I just wonder where he has time to go to meets and work on his cars, all he does is work shows when not doing the Tonight show. He makes all his spending money on Vegas shows. Wonder what he's planning to do with the Tonight show money he's earned over his career or better yet why he hasn't spent any of it?

What do you guys think of the older m3 to the new ones, i love the look of the e46. I first got interested in cars when I saw the e46 body styling much like yours scat:D

black13
01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater
jay Leno is a huge douchebag in my books for taking Conans show

This.

He's a well known douchbag in hollywood. This Conan fiasco really proved it.

ClearBluewater
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by methodicreign
um, blame NBC not jay leno, they douche knuckled him into doing a differant show and when that failed they went back to what worked, besides conan is getting well compinsated for his loss, shitty shoes to be in, but not jay's fault

Um no, no matter what NBC asked him, he could have just said no and that would be the end of it. I think it was a terrible move on his part though, he could he retired classy, but now tons of people think he is a greedy douche.

GoChris
01-19-2010, 11:36 PM

Um no, no matter what NBC asked him, he could have just said no and that would be the end of it. I think it was a terrible move on his part though, he could he retired classy, but now tons of people think he is a greedy douche.

It's called a contract. He said he wanted out of the contract, they wouldn't let him.

Chantastic
01-20-2010, 01:17 AM
That would have made my day too. And if that's the guys M3 in his signature, then he deserves all the praise.

Xtrema
01-20-2010, 01:26 AM

#1 he's a workaholic

#2 there are 175 families rely on survival of Leno's show.

sputnik
01-20-2010, 09:14 AM
2vLHf8af4R8

scat19
01-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by signature7

What do you guys think of the older m3 to the new ones, i love the look of the e46. I first got interested in cars when I saw the e46 body styling much like yours scat:D

e46s are my favorite! However you can't argue with the boost in power of the e9x m3.

I hope pics and vid come soon. I'm subscribed to it on e46f and will bump this one accordingly.

Mar
01-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Wonder what he's planning to do with the Tonight show money he's earned over his career or better yet why he hasn't spent any of it?We're discussing him driving a 2 million dollar car and you're wondering why he's not spending his money? :confused: He owns about 200 cars including the very first Mclaren SLR and first production ZR-1 to come off the line. On his show he points the camera at the VIN which says XXXXXX0000000001. I'm pretty sure he's spending it.

From what I see, Leno's a stand up guy, he has always treated the guests on his show with the utmost respect, unlike Conan. He just makes fun of his guests and pries at any magazine story he can. I saw an interview with Leno on television a few months ago where he was at a show and these 2 black tattooed gangsters started talking to him about his Mclaren F1 and then Leno actually OFFERED THEM A RIDE! The three of them squat into it and the 2 gangsters asked him to go up outside the city so he could open up the throttle.....away from any witnesses.......so Jay does it, rips it open, he's screaming through a tunnel and when he comes out the other side doing about 200, a cop pulls him over. Now he's in a $1,000,000 car with 2 gangsters, he definitely thinks he's going to jail for his good deed. When the cop comes to the car, the 2 gangsters pull out badges and say, "It's okay, we're undercover cops."

Danny Meehan
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Carrot Top also made an appearance . It was a great day for BMW. A CTS-V was promptly set on fire.

signature7
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mar
We're discussing him driving a 2 million dollar car and you're wondering why he's not spending his money? :confused: He owns about 200 cars including the very first Mclaren SLR and first production ZR-1 to come off the line. On his show he points the camera at the VIN which says XXXXXX0000000001. I'm pretty sure he's spending it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/20100118jay_leno_afraid_of_loing_his_late-night_gold_mine/srvc=home&position=6

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-07-16-leno-cover_N.htm

"I had two jobs as a kid, one at a fast-food restaurant and one at a Ford dealership. And I'd put the money from one job in one pocket and spend it. And the other paycheck I'd save," he says. "I do that now. I have always banked my Tonight Show money and lived off the stand-up. I have one credit card, no mortgage, and I don't lease."

According to these articles and many other reports. He banks his "Tonight show salary". He's a workaholic with no kids he does shows non stop and makes a lot of dime doing vegas shows.

Jlude
01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mar
We're discussing him driving a 2 million dollar car and you're wondering why he's not spending his money? :confused: He owns about 200 cars including the very first Mclaren SLR and first production ZR-1 to come off the line. On his show he points the camera at the VIN which says XXXXXX0000000001. I'm pretty sure he's spending it.

From what I see, Leno's a stand up guy, he has always treated the guests on his show with the utmost respect, unlike Conan. He just makes fun of his guests and pries at any magazine story he can. I saw an interview with Leno on television a few months ago where he was at a show and these 2 black tattooed gangsters started talking to him about his Mclaren F1 and then Leno actually OFFERED THEM A RIDE! The three of them squat into it and the 2 gangsters asked him to go up outside the city so he could open up the throttle.....away from any witnesses.......so Jay does it, rips it open, he's screaming through a tunnel and when he comes out the other side doing about 200, a cop pulls him over. Now he's in a $1,000,000 car with 2 gangsters, he definitely thinks he's going to jail for his good deed. When the cop comes to the car, the 2 gangsters pull out badges and say, "It's okay, we're undercover cops."

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/20100118jay_leno_afraid_of_loing_his_late-night_gold_mine/srvc=home&position=6

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-07-16-leno-cover_N.htm

According to these articles and many other reports. He banks his "Tonight show salary". He's a workaholic with no kids he does shows non stop and makes a lot of dime doing vegas shows.

:thumbsup: Good story and some interesting info.

Mar
01-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
:thumbsup: Good story and some interesting info.
You have to hear Jay tell the story, he delivers like no other. Search it up on YouTube, he does the car noises and everything, it's great.

01RedDX
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM

dino_martini
01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Don't blame Conan? No one is blaming Conan, they're blaming you, chin man.

What a douche. You guys should see Letterman's response to this, he was pretty upset.

Leno is the biggest douche in Hollywood right now.

It's all Lettermans fault anyway.

If he hadn't of left NBC none of this would of happened.

Lets get it straight:
Letterman = douche
Conan = douche
Leno = douche
NBC Exec's = douches
Agents/Managers = douches

its show business...what the fuck you expect?

The only victims in this entire thing are the people who are working for these shows and could be out of a job.

01RedDX
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Jlude
01-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Mar

You have to hear Jay tell the story, he delivers like no other. Search it up on YouTube, he does the car noises and everything, it's great.

Honest to fuck... why can I never embed anything. :whipped: :whipped:

22QKX17Azpo

dino_martini
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

So who was to blame in that situation? Oh yeah, Leno, again.

Also, whoever said that there are families counting on Leno's show, what about all the staff and families of Conan's show who had to re-locate from New York?

Kimmel said it best: "Jay, you have 800 million dollars. All you have to take care of is cars. Conan and I have kids. Leave our shows alone."

Whatever, I'm not going to argue with anyone because everyone is jumping on the Conan bandwagon. I think the Conan bandwagon could be douchier than the Boston Red Sox bandwagon.

All I can say is Ferguson is the only funny Late Night show.

JAYMEZ
01-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Honest to fuck... why can I never embed anything. :whipped: :whipped:

22QKX17Azpo

LOL edited.

You gota use the Youtube button.

bituerbo
01-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Fuck all this 'who is in the wrong' latenight shit. Leno's legacy is his love of cars.

Jlude
01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

LOL edited.

You gota use the Youtube button.

I tried that... Thanks for fixing it.

I'm off to the test area to figure this embedding shit out.

chkolny541
01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
this isnt the thread for whos better at late night tv.

:thumbsdow

thats an awesome story though, he better have pics or perhaps evilancer signed up on their board:rofl:

01RedDX
01-21-2010, 02:29 AM

banned3x
01-21-2010, 02:43 AM
whats this thread about again?

Shlade
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I've got so much respect for jay.. One of my favorite things he ever said was.. (I never did this show for the money.. For the fame.. For the people.. I did it all for the cars) His garage is absolutely legendary! And I love his show! I would love to meet him, definetly sounds like a really cool guy.

Redlyne_mr2
01-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Cool story, didn't know Leno had a Veyron.

RC-Cola
01-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Cool story, didn't know Leno had a Veyron.

I'm pretty sure he has one of whatever he wants! I do like watching Jay's Garage as he actually takes the cars on the streets to open them up a bit and often will do burnout's etc. 99% of the time you see guys in exoctics sitting with them because they are too affraid to drive/wreck them!

95teetee
01-23-2010, 12:24 AM
jay Leno is a huge douchebag in my books for taking Conans show Conan's show?
Finally something funny in the latenight battle.

Khalil.e
01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
whats this thread about again?

:rofl: :rofl:

X2

X3.

ClearBluewater
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

It's all Lettermans fault anyway.

If he hadn't of left NBC none of this would of happened.

Lets get it straight:
Letterman = funny
Conan = funny
Leno = douche
NBC Exec's = greedy
Agents/Managers = greedy

its show business...what the fuck you expect?

The only victims in this entire thing are the people who are working for these shows and could be out of a job.

fixed