PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Barrett Jackson on speedTV?

kevie88
01-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Man, this looks like the year to have gone, no one in the crowd, and cars are selling rediculously cheap. Really nice resto mod muscle cars are going for 20-30k.. A beautiful Challenger T/A just went for 28k :0

Looks like the economy has tanked the car market in a bad way! haha Might have to head down with my dad next year!

BlackRadon
01-20-2010, 01:07 AM
ya i watch it every year. they sold a super nice 62 xk-e for like 70g...i remeber three years ago, one sold that had more miles and was not as nice for somewhere around 300,000 mark. I love those cars. One day maybe haha

5000Audi
01-20-2010, 02:31 AM
haha yeah,i watched it briefly and seen a car go for like 100K or somthing and their like and thats the top seller of the day... i was like WHAT? usually they up to a million in some cases

sputnik
01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Its still early in the week. There are always cheap cars at the beginning. The high dollar stuff crosses the stage on Friday night and Saturday.

That said. This year (like last year) will probably see fewer high dollar cars being auctioned because the potential sellers are probably waiting until the economy improves before they try selling their collections.

So its tough to say if the cars are cheaper this year or if there will just be more lower end cars being auctioned.

snoop101
01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Wanted to go this year but got to save for the wedding. Maybe next year.

Graham_A_M
01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah a *BEAUTIFULLY* built Ultima GTR just sold for $41k. A part of me died... God why couldn't that of been me?

There is no way that car could have been built (the way it was optioned) for under $55k. Feel kind of sorry for the guy who put it up for auction, he sure lost out.

95EG6P
01-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I sure am, wishing I was down there to experience it live. Maybe next year:dunno:

Mibz
01-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Yeah a *BEAUTIFULLY* built Ultima GTR just sold for $41k. A part of me died... God why couldn't that of been me?

There is no way that car could have been built (the way it was optioned) for under $55k. Feel kind of sorry for the guy who put it up for auction, he sure lost out. I used to feel the same way, but then remembered that reserves exist for a reason.

sputnik
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
I used to feel the same way, but then remembered that reserves exist for a reason.

Good thing Barrett Jackson is a no reserve auction.

Mibz
01-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Good thing Barrett Jackson is a no reserve auction. Was I watching old ones with reserves then? I'm -quite- sure I've seen cars go unsold at BJ because they didn't meet reserves.

EDIT: Yeah, they used to do reserves, I didn't know they stopped.