PDA

View Full Version : Moving Company

Criticull
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey y'all,

Might end up moving on a weekday during business hours so my friends will be working. Does anybody have any recommendations for a good residential moving company?

revelations
01-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Look one up on the BBB and then pick a few with the LEAST number of complaints to do your estimate.

thager
01-20-2010, 08:34 PM
i worked for Monty's Moving years ago and it was good, but i dont know of there still in buisness.

TomcoPDR
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/288522/lf-someone-to-help-me-move-at-1-00pm-january-15th/

nickyh
01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
I used Jay's Moving and Storage after checking out various companies. They have a pretty good BBB rating (A- I think).

They were quick, although we packed up the house ourselves to save some money, and we've had no issues with our stuff.

Definately check out a minimum of 3 companies.

drclark
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
How early do I need to book a moving company?

Someone please recommend a good moving company.
We will do the packing.

Thanks.

dsr7723
05-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Look one up on the BBB and then pick a few with the LEAST number of complaints to do your estimate.

The BBB is very unilateral and does little to reflect on the actual reputation of the company. It's just a cash grab. There are tons of non-BBB accredited businesses who are awesome and will treat you right. It's not a bad idea to check but it's not the be all end all. Best way to verify a reputable company is by asking around.

S4maniac
05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
If you're looking for local companies that have been around for a while, I have used Wagenaar's Moving 3x and a buddy worked for Tulio's Moving and are recommended.

The longer advance booking the better.

Mr. Burns
05-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I used Williams Moving & Storage a few months ago. I was very satisfied, and would definitely use them again.

nzwasp
05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
What ever you do - do not use "we care movers"

Horror story here: http://www.calgaryconsumerbeware.com/?p=7

CompletelyNumb
07-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Bump from the dead, but same circumstances.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good moving company these days?

heavyfuel
07-21-2014, 08:58 PM
http://www.mountainmovers.ca/

Good company, friends of a very solid friend.

austic
07-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Just moved, used 2 amigos based on reviews and recommendations. We had a really tight move so a company that showed up on time was very important. They were awesome and could not recommend them more strongly. They did everything they could to keep my costs down and provide me with the best move. Treat them right, get them some lunch and they were awesome.

A790
07-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Bump from the dead, but same circumstances.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good moving company these days?
www.spartanmovers.ca is owned by an old colleague of mine. :)

turbotrip
07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Streamline movers is the best I could find, we moved last month with them

topsecret
05-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by A790

Booked him for the 28th, thanks for the recommendation!

I called streamline movers, they quoted me 200+ more than Spartan movers part of that included a 100 dollar truck surcharge. :thumbsdow

topsecret
06-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by A790

I used them based off this recommendation, they quoted me 360 on the phone to move my house, a rate of 90/hour I thought this was a little low however booked with them anyway, when they showed up they tried to charge me a truck surcharge, which I was told there would not be one when I booked the appt, they agreed to remove that and we were on with the move. The movers themselves were pretty good, loaded my old house in a timely manor and took extra care with my tower speakers and glass dining room table. When it was time to leave I told them I would meet them at the new house as I knew it would take a couple minutes longer to get there with the van.....it took them almost an hour and a half to get from north glenmore park to royal oak the driver claimed she took deerfoot because there was less bumps than crowchild (she informed me they would not adjust the rate because I should have made them follow me, I specifically asked if she knew where she was going), at the new house is when they informed me the move was now 850 dollars due to more time and additional billing for the truck to get to and from the office....I got into an argument with the driver, told her to wait in the truck and had to run to the bank to get money, at this point she grabbed a piece of carpet that a wheel was resting on causing it to roll and land face down, she tried to deny ruining the wheel. I attempted to call the main office and no one has answered or returned my phone calls, I have left multiple messages. At the end of the day the move worked out to 700 dollars, so she refunded me some money for that, (after attempting to charge me 95/hr I had to correct her on that as well) I would strongly recommend no one use this company, very shady business practice, its amazing they are still getting work.

:banghead: :banghead: