PDA

View Full Version : Blue Devil Golf course

Madspinner
01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi, I was wondering when this new course will be opening .Its located between cranston and chaparell.

Nufy
01-20-2010, 05:38 PM
From what I hear...its totally private.

Could be wrong though.

jefferson2
01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Well, from the looks of things they still haven't even built the clubhouse, but talking to some of the crew last summer they said they were aiming for June 2010 opening? So I dunno. I heard they've been missing deadlines consistently, haha.

He also told me it's the baby project of JR Shaw (head dog at Shaw Cable), who's been collecting all the gravel, sand, dirt on the land for 15-16 years, and the guy would come down in his BMW on shitty dirt roads 3-4 times a week to check up on everyone/thing.

If it's public, it'll probably drain revenue from McKenzie Meadows.

2002civic
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
I heard last year they had stopped it but who knows:dunno:

ercchry
01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by jefferson2

If it's public, it'll probably drain revenue from McKenzie Meadows.

i heard they share some of the same owners/investors

Adrenaline101
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
I worked there this summer. It is owned by JR Shaw, its his lil baby. From what I remember they wanted to try and open 2010, if all goes to plan.
Theres no clubhouse or maintenance shop built yet. Going to be 18 holes plus a smaller 9 holes eventually. I cant remember which exactly but i believe holes 6,7,8,9 havent been started yet, all the others are finished and maintained just like they would be if the course was open.

rizfarmer
01-21-2010, 12:09 AM
what is the actual community they are building this in? like chaparel valley or something

ekguy
03-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by rizfarmer
what is the actual community they are building this in? like chaparel valley or something

You got it. Heard last year that construction had stopped. Dunno if that was right but I used to hear alot of golf related gossip working at Glencoe.

Masked Bandit
10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Bump from the dead.

So it looks like virtually nothing has been done on this course in the last 18 months. Does anyone know anything about the status? Did the owners give up on it? I didn't see any construction whatsoever this summer.

nrt_vw
10-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Bump from the dead.

So it looks like virtually nothing has been done on this course in the last 18 months. Does anyone know anything about the status? Did the owners give up on it? I didn't see any construction whatsoever this summer.

Yeah I'm curious as well. I drive by it everyday and am interested to whats going on there

tenth
04-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Just got an e-mail on the project. It's been bought by the owners of Heather Glen/Glen Eagles, which is good news for it actually opening sooner rather than later. The e-mail I received:

"Hello,
I wanted to give you an update on Blue Devil Golf Course as we were provided your same as someone who is interested in what is happening there.
Blue Devil was purchases this week by HeatherGlenEagles golf Company which owns and operated GlenEagles Golf Course and HeatherGlen Golf Course. We are excited to add Blue Devil to our facilities and look forward to having it open ASAP. We have already started to move equipment onto the site. There are currently 14 fully completed playable holes in fantastic condition, with 4 more holes that are very close to done. We are looking to finish the hole and sod them so we can potentially open for play on all 18 holes sometime this summer.

We are looking at different green fee structures and models that would work best for this site.

I would love for you to take the time to give me some feedback on what you would like to see offered at Blue Devil as far as season passes, programs, leagues, multi course packages etc.

I look forward to hearing from you and I will keep you posted on progress as we see it happen.

Thanks
Slade King
General Manager
HeatherGlenEagles Golf Company
[email protected]"

ercchry
04-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Slade needs to proofread his emails...

colinxx235
04-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Mr.King should probably have reviewed that e-mail to correct his many mistakes for starters

speedog
04-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
Slade needs to proofread his emails... Looks okay if it was from an average teenager, no? Maybe they're going after a new demographic.

flipstah
04-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by speedog
Looks okay if it was from an average teenager, no? Maybe they're going after a new demographic.

If you're trying to reach the average teen, it would have a lot more 'yo' and quoted lines from Toy Story.

That was just horrible writing.

~Leah~
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
To be fair, he has been extremely busy with the acquisition, along with trying to run Glen Eagles too. He's just hoping to reach out to people who have been waiting so long to have the course open. No need to go grammar nazi on the email, I've seen much worse -- Calgary is finally getting a new awesome course to play. Maybe you perfect people could stop being so negative for once ;)

colinxx235
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
To be fair, he has been extremely busy with the acquisition, along with trying to run Glen Eagles too. He's just hoping to reach out to people who have been waiting so long to have the course open. No need to go grammar nazi on the email, I've seen much worse -- Calgary is finally getting a new awesome course to play. Maybe you perfect people could stop being so negative for once ;)

We all understand being busy, and many of us who live in the area have hoped this would open up for a while. But given that the e-mail is sent to multiple people you would expect someone to give care in how they present themselves/the company not?

But on a positive note I am quite excited for this place to open up and hopefully it will be nicer than meadows.

~Leah~
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Don't worry, future communication from the company will be much better :)

20incheyes
04-27-2012, 09:44 AM
I can't wait to try this track out. I'm still curious what made JR Shaw sell it?

Does he have plans for another course already? The talk was he built this to host a Canadian Open, maybe he found a better site to accomplish this...

kertejud2
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
I can't wait to try this track out. I'm still curious what made JR Shaw sell it?

Does he have plans for another course already? The talk was he built this to host a Canadian Open, maybe he found a better site to accomplish this...

I'd imagine all the delays frustrated him. And if he was planning on going for the Canadian Open he might have gotten even more frustrated since the Glencoe will have the Forest completely renovated by the end of the year with rumours of also pushing for the Open as well and they'd likely have the inside track.

On a related note, how fitting is it that the website for Blue Devil is still under construction :D

~Leah~
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Website will be up soon too... should be ready to play by July pending weather!

~Leah~
05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Alright guys and gals, the website is officially live. Check it out! Green fees, membership info, photos (LOOKS AWESOME), etc.

www.bluedevilgolf.com

(And yes, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm working there haha)

I'm soooooo excited for the course to open!!

flipstah
05-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Those bunkers are reeddddiiixxxx. :drool:

~Leah~
05-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Aren't they intense? Can't wait to sneak out there when I get on site. I'll take some more pics for you guys. Looks super lush though.

98type_r
06-05-2012, 01:35 PM
updates? I'm looking forward to playing once it's open.

~Leah~
06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
9 is sodded and rolled now. Watching the progress from my office every day. Had to off road with my little G3 to get to the clubhouse this morning, that was super fun lol. Everything is coming along great and moving fast.

We will open in July but it depends on mother nature whether it will be 9 or 18 holes. Let me know if you guys want to come down here for a tour of the course.

ercchry
06-05-2012, 02:15 PM
two questions:

1. whats the rates for the mini course?
2. can you rig the sneak peak draw so i can win? haha

~Leah~
06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
1) Lil' Devil rates have not yet been set -- it will not be completed until next season.
2) Better put a good answer down, I'll only pick the best!

colinxx235
06-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I finally checked out the website, that is looking very nice.
Hole #15 is huge yardage... I hope I can get good enough to Tips this course, be a good tough day @ 7200 yards

It would be awesome if this opened up around stampede. Skip work and golf while everyone is downtown. Either way put my name in the draw, hopefully get lucky :)

I also had to look up what a pontiac g3 was, I don't know if I've ever seen one. Only knew of g5 :nut:

ercchry
06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
1) Lil' Devil rates have not yet been set -- it will not be completed until next season.
2) Better put a good answer down, I'll only pick the best!

probably should have mentioned beyond then? haha. i entered right before i posted. it was a pretty smart ass response :D

~Leah~
06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah 15 is THE "Blue Devil" .... water surrounding the green and devilish length. Even from the front tees it was HUGE, they had to put another set of tees in to shorten up the course.

Apparently a G3 has the same body as an old Jetta. Too bad it's not a VW haha.

~Leah~
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

probably should have mentioned beyond then? haha. i entered right before i posted. it was a pretty smart ass response :D

Lol... I just read it. I don't think that one will get you picked :P Maybe for creativity?

ercchry
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Lol... I just read it. I don't think that one will get you picked :P Maybe for creativity?

how about... "i should be picked because this course has teased me for way too long every time i look out from my parent's deck at sunday dinners" :rofl:

wardpr68
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I sent in an entry for the preview and got back a 20 page membership pitch.... I'm already a member at Willow, was mainly just looking for somewhere to go with coworkers as they have expressed interest in it.

It would be in your best interest to let me win.... office full of people working in well services = $$$ :)

I have now killed my chances of winning.

B18C
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
9 is sodded and rolled now. Watching the progress from my office every day. Had to off road with my little G3 to get to the clubhouse this morning, that was super fun lol. Everything is coming along great and moving fast.

We will open in July but it depends on mother nature whether it will be 9 or 18 holes. Let me know if you guys want to come down here for a tour of the course.

Beyond golf meet?

~Leah~
06-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
I sent in an entry for the preview and got back a 20 page membership pitch.... I'm already a member at Willow, was mainly just looking for somewhere to go with coworkers as they have expressed interest in it.

It would be in your best interest to let me win.... office full of people working in well services = $$$ :)

I have now killed my chances of winning.

Not sure if you know this, but we have Willow Park's old superintendent Garry, who is awesome.

If you're just looking to play the course, you can come take a look at the progress if you're interested, but all we're really doing at the moment is signing up our members.

~Leah~
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Slade sent out another email... memberships are picking up! Let me know if you guys are interested in taking a tour of the course.