PDA

View Full Version : beyond.ca brainstorm, how to spot/f-over online scammers

forced_eg
01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
I personally am sick and tired of online kijiji scammers, I need a way to f-them over.... it all started with this

[email protected]
RE: Reply to your "2004 Ford F-150 4x4" Ad on Kijiji
Sorry for delay.Are you still interested?The vehicle is still for sale.It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well.It has an clear title, it is certified and e-tested,a perfect vehicle.The price is not negotiable,$4800 firm.We will use only eBay vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale.If you are interested and you have the funds available email me your full name and shipping address and your phone number

my reply:
"oh, its one of these scams.... knew it was too good to be true, sorry i only deal with cash" no reply from scammer

A week later i see another too good to be true ad

[email protected]
RE: Reply to your "2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4x4" Ad on Kijiji
Sorry for delay.Are you still interested?The vehicle is still for sale.It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well.It has an clear title, it is certified and e-tested,a perfect vehicle.The price is not negotiable,$4800 firm.We will use only eBay vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale.If you are interested and you have the funds available email me your full name and shipping address and your phone number

my reply:
you scammer - this is the exact message you sent for a ford truck

now i seem to have found/be involved in a different kind of scam and i wonder i beyond.ca can help me somehow skull fuck this scammer

original kijiji message expressed my interest in his vehicle which is a 2007 honda civic

reply: From: [email protected] [[email protected]]
Sent: January 20, 2010 5:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan

Hello,

I have received your email regarding my 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan.
I will sell them for CA $4,800. I want to close it through a safe service recommended by eBay. The car comes with a copy of the bill of sale and clear title.

Km`s: 28,300
Vehicle title: Clear
Body type: Sedan
Make: Honda Civic
Model: LX Sedan
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: 1.8 Liter 4 Cylinder
Fuel type: Gasoline
Exterior color: Black
Interior color: Gray
Cassette Player
CD Player
CD Changer
AM/FM Radio
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Power Door Locks
Power Windows
Power Seats
Rear Spoiler

Email me if you are interested.
Thanks!

my reply: what service is this that ebay recommends?

his reply:
Hello
I listed my car in several location to attract more buyers.The car is located and registered in Port-Cartier, QC. DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE only if you want to use PayPal in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them ( shipping will be included in the starting price - 4800 Cdn) .Please contact me if you are interested and i'll explain you how the transaction process work thru PayPal services.If you need any additional photos or info please ask.

Thanks!

my reply send 20 minutes ago:
i am definately interested, how can we make this happen? ive used paypal for some e-bay transactions and i totally trust it... do you have a phone number so we can speak directly to speed up the process?

long post but I had a family member screwed out of 4500 for a snowplow and the police wouldnt look at the case because it was too "small time" any ideas on how to screw over these guys?

Mibz
01-20-2010, 11:39 PM
My buddy wanted to do the same thing and I managed to convince him that if you go out of your way to try and screw scammers, you STILL lose. Nothing you do will ever stop these guys from doing what they do and, in the end, you'll have wasted your time and effort for zero gain. You will not feel justice has been served, you will not feel like the world is a better place.

Consider them a foregone annoyance in the process of buying a used car.

Unless you're dumb enough to actually fall for the scam and lose your money. Then you just do as much damage to them and their property as you can :P

nobb
01-20-2010, 11:43 PM
You need to make them lose money. The P-P-P-Powerbook scam was a good one:
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

In summary basically he agreed to ship a Powerbook to the scammer, but it was just a taped up binder and it was declared to have a really high cost so that the scammer had to pay a huge customs fee to receive it.

gqmw
01-20-2010, 11:56 PM
^haha that's not a bad one, but imo you're still losing money to ship stuff to a scammer.

Honestly...just ignore them and if a deal's too good to be true, it usually is a scam.

SpeedIllusion
01-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Tell the scammer you can pick it up locally and then let the fun begin!

CMW403
01-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Tell the scammer you can pick it up locally and then let the fun begin!

just say your inlaws live at a random address in the city they tell you it's located.

SpeedIllusion
01-21-2010, 01:21 AM
^ Lol that too
I love how they make excuses that they aren't in town and yet they still will get it shipped to you lol

chkolny541
01-21-2010, 01:41 AM
seriously 2007 civic for 4800$? why did you even THINK this was going to be a real deal?