PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Chicken Wings?

jefferson2
01-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Bought some Pinty's BBQ chicken wings today, smelt awful when I cooked them, tasted even worse (nothing remotely resembling BBQ flavor, just really damn salty)

What's a decent brand of Chicken Wings?

Something tasty, and relatively inexpensive (less than $0.50 a wing?)

Wing nut at the pub near where I live is on Wednesdays only, and I'm still cravingggg.

something I can pop in the microwave, or for some post-workout protein other than shakes.

dj_rice
01-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Costco sells a Teriyaki/Salt And Pepper kind in I think it was 1KG bag or 2KG bag for $19.99, haven't tried it but most of Costco's products foodwise are pretty good

bourge73
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I go to Costco for the big A$$ family packs of wings, (they are decently priced and you get a shiat load of wings) add your fav seasoning or even shake and bake and throw them in the oven and enjoy. Microwave wings? come on your better than that.

snoop101
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by jefferson2

something I can pop in the microwave, or for some post-workout protein other than shakes.

Our future.. sigh

How hard is it to actually bake wings? Seriously

nonlinear
01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
I go to Costco for the big A$$ family packs of wings, (they are decently priced and you get a shiat load of wings) add your fav seasoning or even shake and bake and throw them in the oven and enjoy. Microwave wings? come on your better than that.

this is what I do, too. i use the Anchor Bar recipe from The Joy of Cooking (requires dredging and frying, but it's worth it). Anchor Bar invented Buffalo wings, and if you don't have a copy of The Joy of Cooking, just do a google search - it's all over the net. serve with blue cheese dressing. or, add whatever is your favorite seasoning.

also, you can just bake the wings, but they are WAY WAY better fried.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

old&slow
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
My fav wings are the ones my wife makes...yum!

Sorath
01-21-2010, 07:36 PM
my fav wings are a toss up between wings from the limmericks irish pub branches ( really dixons is the best amongst them ) and reagle beagle wings

RUQUIKR
01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Superstore, stampede bbq are good with a bit of zing.

ReflexFX
01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Kinda off topic but, Free wings tonight at kelseys for their 30th anniversary!

EDIT:
added link here (http://www.kelseys.ca/Promotions/Free_Wing_Night.aspx)

jahobo
01-21-2010, 11:43 PM
i think superstore carries these wings that are soo good.
they look like just normal breaded wings with no sauce, but actually are labelled hot wings and do have a great spicy kick.
you can put them in the oven and they crisp up just like deep fried wings, then add your own sauce and toss. i usually use a tabasco, red roaster, butter and a lil pepper mix for my sauce.

if you got some time i say go to superstore and find those wings.... sooooooooooooo good

jwslam
01-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by snoop101

Our future.. sigh

How hard is it to actually bake wings? Seriously
It's not DIFFICULT, it's just you're sitting there drooling over an oven for like 20 minutes whereas microwaves take like 3.

On another note, bar wings: kilkenny, hands down.

thepyrofish
01-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear

this is what I do, too. i use the Anchor Bar recipe from The Joy of Cooking (requires dredging and frying, but it's worth it). Anchor Bar invented Buffalo wings, and if you don't have a copy of The Joy of Cooking, just do a google search - it's all over the net. serve with blue cheese dressing. or, add whatever is your favorite seasoning.

also, you can just bake the wings, but they are WAY WAY better fried.

:drool: :drool: :drool:
I like to make them the way we did when I worked at a golf course. I'll get a box and bake them all until they're just barely done, then portion and freeze. This way I can pull out however many I want and fry them up real quick.

88CRX
01-22-2010, 10:48 AM
M&M's wings are fairly decent. Their 'Louisiana Style' hot wings are my favorite.

JRSC00LUDE
01-22-2010, 10:50 AM
The pinty's hotwings (franks red hot) from costco are fucking awesome imo, but you have to bake them. I mean seriously, who the fack microwaves wings and expects them to be good?

Lazy bastids..... :nut:

gran turismo
01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
M&M's wings are fairly decent. Their 'Louisiana Style' hot wings are my favorite.

M&M's are the best wings from a store I've tried. I find the best way to cook them is on the BBQ (medium heat for 8 minutes a side). There is much less grease and and you can make them kind of crispy if you like that.

chathamf
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I know you are asking for ones you can make at home, but I just have to say RUSTY CAGE for the win!

Love the wings, and just 20 cents. Wing nights twice a week (wed and sunday). They just updated there menu and I think they have something like 50 wing flavors now. Soo good.

Go and see if you can survive the Johnny Cash's. My personal fav. Burning asshole every Monday morning. haha

jonnycat
01-22-2010, 11:38 AM
I prefer my own with wings bought from costco. You get a massive tray of wings for $12-$13.

Coat them, Deep fry for a couple of minutes until they start to lightly brown, cover them in real cracked pepper and salt. Pop them in the oven at 450 until crispy 15-20minutes. They need one flip while in the oven at which point I cover the other side with salt an pepper. Substitute S&P for Franks for hot wings

I really like safeway's salt and pepper wings in a box.

ExtraSlow
01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Mann Borthers Meats in the NE for pre marinated chicken wings. Ready to throw in your oven, or fryer, and tastes like getting kicked in the junk by a hot bollywood dancer. If it wasn't so far from my house, I'd have these once a week.
I usually buy 10-12 pounds each time I go there.

dj_rice
01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
The pinty's hotwings (franks red hot) from costco are fucking awesome imo, but you have to bake them. I mean seriously, who the fack microwaves wings and expects them to be good?

Lazy bastids..... :nut:

:thumbsup: Thats what I had for dinner and for lunch for work today :) , those wings and some white rice :drool:

clem24
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Costco sells a Teriyaki/Salt And Pepper kind in I think it was 1KG bag or 2KG bag for $19.99, haven't tried it but most of Costco's products foodwise are pretty good

The Salt & Pepper ones are NG. They are way too salty. The Pinty's buffalo wings are decent.

My fave pre-packaged wings are Sobey's (Compliments I think?) Lime & Pepper Wings. So fucking good!!! I make them on the BBQ and they turn out perfect and have the perfect amount of spices (not salty, etc...).

My fave restaurant wings are Pizza Hut Wing Street Burnin' Hot wings and All Canadian (ie. no sauce), traditional of course (no batter).

I also love the deep fried wings from Y2K across from McMahon. So good!!! :drool:

Kritafo
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by clem24

The Salt & Pepper ones are NG. They are way too salty. The Pinty's buffalo wings are decent.

My fave pre-packaged wings are Sobey's (Compliments I think?) Lime & Pepper Wings. So fucking good!!! I make them on the BBQ and they turn out perfect and have the perfect amount of spices (not salty, etc...).

My fave restaurant wings are Pizza Hut Wing Street Burnin' Hot wings and All Canadian (ie. no sauce), traditional of course (no batter).

I also love the deep fried wings from Y2K across from McMahon. So good!!! :drool:

Ohh I will be up near Y2K today! Good to know. Thanks

Mixalot27
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I like to buy fresh unflavored wings and cook them on the BBQ, basting often with Golden Dragon thick teriayki sauce.

Also try the Salt & Pepper wings at Black Swan sometime, wing night is Weds. The Breading almost tastes like KFC skin to me.

nonlinear
01-22-2010, 02:33 PM
IMO regal beagle has the best wings not made at home