PDA

View Full Version : New Kenwood deck problem

01RedDX
01-22-2010, 06:00 PM

captain134
01-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Not sure what could be wrong but I would head back to visions a.s.a.p.

1SICKC6
01-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
I just had my new Kenwood DPX-503 installed at Visions Customs. The problem is, every time I start my car, I have to reset the deck to get it to work. I can turn my key from off to acc with no problems, but as soon as I start the car, I have to hit reset because it won't turn on.

Highly frustrating, because all the settings, presets, clock, etc. have to be re-entered every time. Anyone know what it could be?

Sounds like a very simple fix. Just give them a call or else i can get you looked after if you are closer to me at the NE store.

You have a PM!

Cheers!

01RedDX
01-23-2010, 02:40 PM

del-lude
01-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Sounds like they hooked up your 12 volt constant to a 12 volt accessory wire. You'd think a shop would check something that simple before releasing the vehicle back to the customer.

Sharpie
01-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by del-lude
Sounds like they hooked up your 12 volt constant to a 12 volt accessory wire. You'd think a shop would check something that simple before releasing the vehicle back to the customer.
thats why you dont go to visions, they hacked the shit outta my car:thumbsdow

dj_rice
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

thats why you dont go to visions, they hacked the shit outta my car:thumbsdow

I disagree, I took my car to the 32nd Ave location and they did great job on my install of subs/amp/deck and the wiring is hidden and clean.

One place I wouldn't recommend is Futureshop, especially the NE location.

Sharpie
01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

I disagree, I took my car to the 32nd Ave location and they did great job on my install of subs/amp/deck and the wiring is hidden and clean.

One place I wouldn't recommend is Futureshop, especially the NE location.
Each location may be different. I went to the one off macloed. I would buy shit from there again, just never let them touch any of my vehicles.

01RedDX
01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
So the problem is with the unit itself. It doesn't like something about the voltage fluctuation during startup. Just lovely, since I bought it on ebay, and now I have to ship it back, and wait weeks for a replacement. Ebay has been hit-and-miss for me lately, definitely not buying car audio on there anymore.

The guy at Visions (Ian) has been good at working with me on this issue, and re-tested my car's voltage, ground, and wiring.

KandabashiDevil
01-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Bought a deck off of Ebay ... Had it installed at Visions ... and surprised at problems?

Ebay is never 100%.
Visions is never 100%.

You rolled the dice trying to save money, and lost.

Next time? Call A.R.A or Mobile Solutions

01RedDX
01-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
Bought a deck off of Ebay ... Had it installed at Visions ... and surprised at problems?

Ebay is never 100%.
Visions is never 100%.

You rolled the dice trying to save money, and lost.

Next time? Call A.R.A or Mobile Solutions

I wanted this exact deck, and couldn't get it anywhere else.

If I was trying to save money, I would have bought a cheaper one locally.