PDA

View Full Version : Roll up your windows!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Vince1
01-23-2010, 10:30 AM
As soon as my engine's broken in and she gets a programmer, I'll be the a-hole at the red light that'll fill your window with black diesel smoke! So make sure I can't hear that faggoty ass Banana Republic soundtrack when you pull up next to me in your tweaked out Civic that sounds like angry bees!

themack89
01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Identity crisis? :rofl:

Sharpie
01-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Haha I love doing that to people, I guess i am an a-hole too :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
01-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Kettle black.

alloroc
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Never have owned a civic. My bet is that those same civic drivers will be laughing at you at the service station and again when you have your truck in the shop every 6 months getting one of the following replaced or repaired...
lift pumps, injection pumps, steering pumps, death wobble, abs sensors, auto trans.

nonlinear
01-23-2010, 11:10 AM
please don't get me going on civics again hahhaa :poosie:

that said, OP, you're being a fuckin' redneck! get a life!!! :poosie:

Numi
01-23-2010, 11:11 AM
My guess is considering its a cummins it wont be that fast anyways.

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
wont the OP feel stupid when a civic blows his doors off :poosie:

CivicDXR
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I love those diesel truck guys that think black smoke = power.

Reality check diesel boys! Black smoke = running rich = get a proper tune and not some 'click-click' setting programer, and maybe, just maybe, you'll make some decent power instead of just noise.

Reminds me of the time at the track last year at Secret Street when I was lined up against a big smoking Ford that had a decal that said 'Real trucks don't have spark plugs', but my little X-Runner beat his ass... :nut:

Vince1
01-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by misterrick
wont the OP feel stupid when a civic blows his doors off :poosie:

Ah but yes... past the 1/4 mile, I agree... Little chance vs. a properly modded ricer. BUT, a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch... well that's like putting 800+ft lb of torque to the ground instantly... so forget about that one one too.

ercchry
01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Vince1

Ah but yes... past the 1/4 mile, I agree... Little chance vs. a properly modded ricer. BUT, a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch... well that's like putting 800+ft lb of torque to the ground instantly... so forget about that one one too.

you must have some fucking great tires to get that much power to the ground from a stand still

CivicDXR
01-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

you must have some fucking great tires to get that much power to the ground from a stand still

Didnt you hear? BFG makes some crazy slicks in a 305/60/18 size now! :nut:

Vince1
01-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

Reality check diesel boys! Black smoke = running rich = get a proper tune and not some 'click-click' setting programer, and maybe, just maybe, you'll make some decent power instead of just noise.

Reminds me of the time at the track last year at Secret Street when I was lined up against a big smoking Ford that had a decal that said 'Real trucks don't have spark plugs', but my little X-Runner beat his ass... :nut:

No programmers yet for me. Had 2 and nothing but trouble, don't even know for sure if I'm gonna run one. Fuel, air and billet is the only way I mod.

Combustion=rich/lean, compression ignition=hot/cold. To make that kind of power with no actual ignition you need more fuel which will not burn off completely unless the cylinders are hot enough to basically blow the engine up. To make that kind of power with a diesel you need to run it "rich" so to speak.

And you beat him cuz it was a Ford lol but ya seriously, that's a sweet looking ride beat a diesel anyday, I agree. 8000lb top heavy truck is useless past 1/4 mile... I signed up here mainly because I'm sick of all the diesel forums where truck owners actually think they have a chance vs. a car like yours for example... I love my truck, I'm a proud dieselhead but reality is what it is... It's been easier for me to understand lately why you guys feel the way you do about diesel guys. Made a lot of good friends in that community, met a lot of complete tools as well...

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:40 AM

the smoke is a way of marking their territory :poosie:

and real trucks are the ones that arent driven for the sole purpose of being obnoxious :thumbsup:

Vince1
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Thats a big part of the reason I signed up here... I made a lot of good friends in the diesel community but I also met a lot of tools who somehow think they can beat a modded Subaru with a 8000lb top heavy truck... And the whole Redneck thing? Meh... I been a skater all my life, I only drink Crorona and I date an Asian girl so F that... I'm not a gun toting pilsner drinking redneck just cuz I'm proud of my loud ass truck. We all love our vehicles rightfully so!

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt a 20psi fwd launch with 18" wide slicks be just as fast? :bigpimp:

pretty sure the tires your running arent ideal tires for the track.... 4wd or not, tires have limitations

Redlyne_mr2
01-23-2010, 11:44 AM

No programmers yet for me. Had 2 and nothing but trouble, don't even know for sure if I'm gonna run one. Fuel, air and billet is the only way I mod.

Combustion=rich/lean, compression ignition=hot/cold. To make that kind of power with no actual ignition you need more fuel which will not burn off completely unless the cylinders are hot enough to basically blow the engine up. To make that kind of power with a diesel you need to run it "rich" so to speak.

And you beat him cuz it was a Ford lol but ya seriously, that's a sweet looking ride beat a diesel anyday, I agree. 8000lb top heavy truck is useless past 1/4 mile... I signed up here mainly because I'm sick of all the diesel forums where truck owners actually think they have a chance vs. a car like yours for example... I love my truck, I'm a proud dieselhead but reality is what it is... It's been easier for me to understand lately why you guys feel the way you do about diesel guys. Made a lot of good friends in that community, met a lot of complete tools as well...
It's great to have you a board man but you aren't going to make any friends calling people out. We all laugh at the ricer can civic owners thumping Chris Sheppards Club Cutz Volume 3 but acting high and mighty because you have a modded diesel truck is exactly why diesel truck tuners have a bad rep. Chill out just a bit, post some pics of your beast and everything will be fine. :)

Vince1
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt a 20psi fwd launch with 18" wide slicks be just as fast? :bigpimp:

pretty sure the tires your running arent ideal tires for the track.... 4wd or not, tires have limitations

Indeed would be, but no way you're putting down 1000 ft lbs of torque no matter how much more HP you have. I have yet to do a boosted launch, only billet I have is a triple disc torque converter, need a billet flexplate at the very least, full billet tranny for our trucks are around 7 g's, don't have the coin quite yet lol

ercchry
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
am i the only one that gets nauseous driving behind a diesel?

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
As soon as my engine's broken in and she gets a programmer,

ummm.......

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Indeed would be, but no way you're putting down 1000 ft lbs of torque no matter how much more HP you have.

you wouldnt need 1000ft lbs of torque since a civic is 1/4 the weight of your truck. it could have far less torque and still produce the same amount of g's

CivicDXR
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM

It wasn't my car though, it was my Tacoma X-Runner that I had last year. But I got that a lot when I was driving the X-Runner, I guess the 'stereotypical' truck guys were not too keen on a good looking Tacoma being quick, so I'd get lots of challenges and laughs from them, but I'd usually end up with the last laugh right off the bat. Happens in my car too...

Anyways, I always like learning more about different engines. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but when your original post looks like what you posted, then you're gonna get hate. Try instilling knowledge to people rather than hate, and MOST people won't give you a hard time. Don't add to the stereotype.

Off topic:
You're making me miss my truck. :(
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4022502701_343565ce88_m.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2553/4035580735_d1fa10b070_m.jpg

Vince1
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM

ummm.......

key word here is "YET". Bullydog blew my tranny, Smarty s-06 blew rings in cylinder 6. Common denominator was no gauges at the time. Lots of other I haven't tried yet, to choose from, still unsure, either way 50000kms on the enigne minimum before I even consider it.

Vince1
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

It's great to have you a board man but you aren't going to make any friends calling people out. We all laugh at the ricer can civic owners thumping Chris Sheppards Club Cutz Volume 3 but acting high and mighty because you have a modded diesel truck is exactly why diesel truck tuners have a bad rep. Chill out just a bit, post some pics of your beast and everything will be fine. :)

I hear ya! I just like to make an entrance that's all! Done and done!

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:59 AM
also, thought i should note,

im not just trying to fight for the "civic side" i respect any enthusiast that just wants to go fast, HOWEVER,

gloating about how your choice in vehicle is far superior (ie import/domestic, truck/car) is what makes the stereotypes.

fast is fast. it doesnt matter how many wheels, cylinders, psi or $. what matters is the NEED FOR SPEED!!! WOOT! :poosie:

end rant

Vince1
01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
also, thought i should note,

im not just trying to fight for the "civic side" i respect any enthusiast that just wants to go fast, HOWEVER,

gloating about how your choice in vehicle is far superior (ie import/domestic, truck/car) is what makes the stereotypes.

fast is fast. it doesnt matter how many wheels, cylinders, psi or $. what matters is the NEED FOR SPEED!!! WOOT! :poosie:

end rant

Try explaining that to the stubborn diesel crowd... which is exactly why I'm sick of those forums!

captain134
01-23-2010, 01:53 PM
People like Vince1 are the reason truck owners have such a bad reputation.

Vince1
01-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by captain134
People like Vince1 are the reason truck owners have such a bad reputation.

Perhaps... Sorry to all for this offensive thread I started, we all know controversy is a good icebreaker, that's all that was.

As of now, I intend to move forward amicably. Feel anyways you like, it's all good.

eglove
01-23-2010, 02:05 PM
pics!

kevie88
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Just watch out for a little blue Subaru.. I eat you guys for breakfast whenever I can. Nothing is more satisfying than going around a big smoking diesel truck in a hatchback "rice burner" haha

I should tell you the stories about the 2 trucks that have crashed behind me trying to keep up, but I'd be incriminating myself.:poosie:

Vince1
01-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Just watch out for a little blue Subaru.. I eat you guys for breakfast whenever I can. Nothing is more satisfying than going around a big smoking diesel truck in a hatchback "rice burner" haha

I should tell you the stories about the 2 trucks that have crashed behind me trying to keep up, but I'd be incriminating myself.:poosie:

Yep I got done by a blue WRX one time.... Up Shagannapi trail... Stock vs. stock u got the same HP and half the weight. I like Subarus, that would be my 2nd non-diesel pick for sure. I've never made someone crash trying to race me yet, but those f*** that try to use a decongestion lane to pass on the right, I am sadistically looking forward to it! Here's a pic of my truck. http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr150/2500calgary/CV16.jpg

95teetee
01-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

I had one guy in a silver Dodge try my Stealth about 5 different times. Fortunately, all that black smoke was way behind me where I didn't have to smell it:)

Vince1
01-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
I had one guy in a silver Dodge try my Stealth about 5 different times. Fortunately, all that black smoke was way behind me where I didn't have to smell it:)

Yep I believe it... some diesel guys get a programmer with little or no supporting mods, blow a bunch of smoke and that's about it... I believe in supporting mods first (billet tranny parts, valve springs, head studs) then air and fuel (intake/exhaust , duh, then injectors, FASS, CP3, turbo,) and I'm leery about programmers since I had bad luck with 'em, but truth is on a CTD you need one to burn as much of that extra fuel as you can, stock programming won't really allow for full use of simple mods like injectors and turbo upgrades.

With expensive, stand alone ECU/head upgrades and probably 15-20K, you could P-Pump it, and not need programming to dump tons of air and fuel in there. But really no point unless you're sled pulling or doing some other redneck shit like that. That's one thing that bothers me in the diesel world, is a fat fuck from Saskatchewan with a bucket of chicken on his backseat calling sled pulling a "sport". Puh leeze....

sxtasy
01-23-2010, 03:02 PM

key word here is "YET". Bullydog blew my tranny, Smarty s-06 blew rings in cylinder 6. Common denominator was no gauges at the time.

Yep I believe it... some diesel guys get a programmer with little or no supporting mods, blow a bunch of smoke and that's about it...

It sounds like thats exactly what you did lol
Programmer without the right supporting mods.

Anyways, Smarty is best bang for the buck mod imo.
Mine is on level 9 :burnout: :D

corsvette
01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
We installed a Banks six gun kit in our shop/farm truck,a 02 GMC sierra,we also did the exhaust,wastegate,proper guages,and torque converter,that was about 5 years and 100,000km ago,no more smoke than stock on settings 1 through 5,setting six (max power mode) has a puff of black on takeoff then runs quite clean. (BANKS tunes are very clean)The truck really moves.

The setup has been very reliable,the truck ran a 14.3 1/4 in two wheel drive.Tuning a diesel is very,very addictive,they offer so much aftermarket support.And it is fun to race the odd sporty car in a 7000lb work truck!

Nice Dodge btw.

Vince1
01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy

It sounds like thats exactly what you did lol
Programmer without the right supporting mods.

Anyways, Smarty is best bang for the buck mod imo.
Mine is on level 9 :burnout: :D

Yep I learn things the hard and expensive way. But eventually I learn lol I got at least 50K kms of break-in driving before I can contemplate throwing the Smarty on there.

cam_wmh
01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
As soon as my engine's broken in and she gets a programmer, I'll be the a-hole at the red light that'll fill your window with black diesel smoke!

fun to dump billowing smoke into other peoples cars?
You don't think that's classless & offensive?

Vince1
01-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
We installed a Banks six gun kit in our shop/farm truck,a 02 GMC sierra,we also did the exhaust,wastegate,proper guages,and torque converter,that was about 5 years and 100,000km ago,no more smoke than stock on settings 1 through 5,setting six (max power mode) has a puff of black on takeoff then runs quite clean. (BANKS tunes are very clean)The truck really moves.

The setup has been very reliable,the truck ran a 14.3 1/4 in two wheel drive.Tuning a diesel is very,very addictive,they offer so much aftermarket support.And it is fun to race the odd sporty car in a 7000lb work truck!

Nice Dodge btw.

Thanks! It is addictive, and EXPENSIVE! Which is why I don't get why people purposely destroy their trucks with sled pulling and the likes of which....

Kardon
01-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Sure must be fun trying to get those diesels around the bends with those tires.

Vince1
01-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
Sure must be fun trying to get those diesels around the bends with those tires.

This is pretty much as good as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0XJePUitI

Ya 11's are slow by import standards, I know.

But ya, I agree, if it's not in a straight line tho, we don't stand a chance, absolutely.

psycoticclown
01-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Haha, the first post reminded me of my roommate when he first got his truck. He thought it was so fast, stock 06 Dodge Ram 1500. Remember him bragging about how much power the hemi put out and no import cars could take him and that my little rice burner wouldn't be able to keep up haha. Shut up quick after he lined up against me...

Kardon
01-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Haha, the first post reminded me of my roommate when he first got his truck. He thought it was so fast, stock 06 Dodge Ram 1500. Remember him bragging about how much power the hemi put out and no import cars could take him and that my little rice burner wouldn't be able to keep up haha. Shut up quick after he lined up against me...
Word, I met this kid once who had one of those hemi's. According to him there was NO WAY my aristo (w/ a 2JZGTE) would be as fast. Hahaha he shut up pretty quick too.

78si
01-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Its hard to blow black smoke in peoples cars when your tires are flat.:rofl:

Sentry
01-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Kardon

Word, I met this kid once who had one of those hemi's. According to him there was NO WAY my aristo (w/ a 2JZGTE) would be as fast. Hahaha he shut up pretty quick too.
The thing about those guys is because their trucks have so much torque, it will jump up pretty hard when they nail the throttle, but then go nowhere. So they think it's fast because of that willingness to get up and go, even though they fall on their face pretty quick.

See I'm a bit weird because where I come from there's more modded diesel pickups than modded Hondas, so I love the shit out of both but not when someone else does it, because they usually do retarded shit to the vehicle. Most modded diesel pickups have TERRIBLE wheels and owners with no taste. Most modded Hondas have the money spent in all the wrong places. Of course I've met some people that break free of the stereotypes. One dude comes to mind from my hometown that had a 12v Cummins. Small lift, nothing retarded, nice steel wheels, proper tires. Had an exhaust, a big intercooler from a powerstroke, and he'd been messing around with the injection pump. Thing would snap necks from a stop in 4wd but his clutch was slipping. Yes it was a 6 speed, it was his daily. That's how a diesel truck should be in my mind. Plus he had stacks so he wouldn't be tempted to smoke out other cars. ;)

Anyways the problem I find with diesel truck owners is they think with a programmer and an exhaust they can take on the world. The big boys that actually want to go fast instead of "your grandma thinks it's fast"-fast are the ones swapping turbos, slapping on propane kits, and doing some actual work to the vehicle instead of plugging in a programmer and hitting a couple buttons.

Worse yet because a lot of them have 4wd they think ET is everything. ET is a traction race. MPH is the true test of power, which you would think these guys would be all about. Yet they don't expect a Honda running a second and a half slower than their"12 second" truck to start pulling past them.

Redlyne_mr2
01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
I like the murdered out look... pretty badass looking truck.

Shlade
01-23-2010, 05:00 PM
not my thing... i think all dodge trucks look exactly the same even if you try and make it look different from others.. goes the same as well with ford, gmc, and chevy trucks...

Cant be unique with them at all i dont think.. In the end your a small guy with a small dick driving a really big truck to make up for it..

01RedDX
01-23-2010, 05:10 PM

Vince1
01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by 78si
Its hard to blow black smoke in peoples cars when your tires are flat.:rofl:

Nice to be here! Meh... you know what my truck looks like, if you feel the need, karma's a bitch.

Personally, I never f*** with anybody's ride, import, domestic, gas, diesel, propane. If I have a problem I deal with the person in question.

Plus I got 2 sets of rims and tires, so go for it if it makes you feel better. If you really wanna do some damage, a 2L of pepsi in the gas tank will have more serious and long lasting effects. Oops! Locking filler cap too, but on my truck you can still get to it by undoing the hose clamp on the filler tube, just look inside the wheel well. Should be easy.

Cheers buddy!

shakalaka
01-23-2010, 06:13 PM

Nice to be here! Meh... you know what my truck looks like, if you feel the need, karma's a bitch.

Personally, I never f*** with anybody's ride, import, domestic, gas, diesel, propane. If I have a problem I deal with the person in question.

Plus I got 2 sets of rims and tires, so go for it if it makes you feel better. If you really wanna do some damage, a 2L of pepsi in the gas tank will have more serious and long lasting effects. Oops! Locking filler cap too, but on my truck you can still get to it by undoing the hose clamp on the filler tube, just look inside the wheel well. Should be easy.

Cheers buddy!

Hahah I am sure he was only kidding man. We are all enthusiasts here, who are completely against damaging other people's vehicle's. That's the lowest of the lows and we all know that.

But good on you for not trying to be one of those 'e-thug gangsters' and telling him to come see you in person and what not. And nice looking truck you have there, looks pretty deadly. :thumbsup:

Vince1
01-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Hahah I am sure he was only kidding man. We are all enthusiasts here, who are completely against damaging other people's vehicle's. That's the lowest of the lows and we all know that.

But good on you for not trying to be one of those 'e-thug gangsters' and telling him to come see you in person and what not. And nice looking truck you have there, looks pretty deadly. :thumbsup:

Thanks! And Hahaha e-thugs lol that's funny!... lots of those on the snowboarding forums hahahah

88CRX
01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
As soon as my engine's broken in and she gets a programmer, I'll be the a-hole at the red light that'll fill your window with black diesel smoke! So make sure I can't hear that faggoty ass Banana Republic soundtrack when you pull up next to me in your tweaked out Civic that sounds like angry bees!

LOL

The_Rural_Juror
01-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Engine still not broken in after 6 years?

Vince1
01-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Engine still not broken in after 6 years?

Just got it completely rebuilt bored out .020 over right before X-mas.

badluck
01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
big truck,small penis...we understand

SKR
01-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

I'm putting about 750-800ft-lbs to the ground (never dyno'd, just a guess based on dyno sheets with similar mods) and I can't break the tires loose with a boosted 4wd launch. I've got 33" mud terrains, nothing special.

Nice truck, OP. Mine is too dirty and too plain to post a picture of.

Vince1
01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by badluck
big truck,small penis...we understand

Hahaha if you're gonna bash a truck guy be more original, that's gotta be the most commonly used stereotype out there... I'm sure YOU understand small penises lol

diamondedge
01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I've never seen one of these modded trucks get slammed/lowered...they all get lifted.

misterrick
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by diamondedge
I've never seen one of these modded trucks get slammed/lowered...they all get lifted.

thats why they make 2wd trucks :poosie:

Vince1
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by SKR

I'm putting about 750-800ft-lbs to the ground (never dyno'd, just a guess based on dyno sheets with similar mods) and I can't break the tires loose with a boosted 4wd launch. I've got 33" mud terrains, nothing special.

Nice truck, OP. Mine is too dirty and too plain to post a picture of.

Thanks dude! I dyno'd 770ft lbs before my rebuild, Any tranny mods? I'd watch the boosted launches if your tranny is stock... Billet torque converter, single or triple disc and a billet flexplate at the very least, billet input shaft is ideal and if you're over 550hp/1000ft lbs full billet tranny is pretty much a necessity if you're doing hard boosted launches. The 48re has weak links when stock, but properly built will outperform an Allison. Also if you run a triple make sure to get the proper valve body upgrades, or you will snap your input shaft in no time. You should post pics, our trucks are meant to get dirty!

SKR
01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by diamondedge

http://image.automotive.com/f/features/8329081+pheader/0709_tr_06_z+2006_dodge_ram_megalow+side_view.jpg

Thanks dude! I dyno'd 770ft lbs before my rebuild, Any tranny mods? I'd watch the boosted launches if your tranny is stock... Billet torque converter, single or triple disc and a billet flexplate at the very least, billet input shaft is ideal and if you're over 550hp/1000ft lbs full billet tranny is pretty much a necessity if you're doing hard boosted launches. The 48re has weak links when stock, but properly built will outperform an Allison. Also if you run a triple make sure to get the proper valve body upgrades, or you will snap your input shaft in no time. You should post pics, our trucks are meant to get dirty!

I got a full billet transmission from NADP a couple years ago, so I'm good to go there. All I've got for other mods is an S&B intake, MRBP 4" duals and an Edge Juice/Attitude. Once funds allow I'll go turbo/studs/intercooler, and then lift pump and CP3. Once I get that done I'll upgrade the programming, probably to PPE/Dr. Performance. I don't want to go Smarty because it seems like you have to go through Bob Wagner, and if his feelings get hurt he won't help you.

These are some old pictures. It has different tires now, but other than that it looks the same. I forgot I had pictures of it when it was clean.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/krccontractingltd/Truck%20Pictures/truck5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/krccontractingltd/Truck%20Pictures/truck1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/krccontractingltd/Truck%20Pictures/truck3.jpg

Graham_A_M
01-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by SKR
http://image.automotive.com/f/features/8329081+pheader/0709_tr_06_z+2006_dodge_ram_megalow+side_view.jpg

Right-click-save as. That truck is frickin' bad ass. :hitit:

What kind of Chip are you using? A good friend is a diesel nut too, and after seeing some PPE chipped Duramax's, I was speechless

LOL @ the ass-clowns that thinks Hemi 1500 & 2500's are fast. Thats what I drive for a work truck and those are slower then the second coming of Christ almost. :rofl:

shakalaka
01-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

LOL @ the ass-clowns that thinks Hemi 1500 & 2500's. Thats what I drive for a work truck and those are slower then the second coming of Christ almost. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

TimeAttack
01-23-2010, 10:57 PM
As long as you're out at race city this year if/when the track opens and show your support.

A fast truck doesn't make sense to me because, you can't road race/autocross and for drag racing its a huge self inflicted handicap to try and run a fast ET at the track with 3 tonns and no aero.

Some people like trucks, and if that's all you know and you're happy with it then mod away.

SKR
01-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M What kind of Chip are you using? A good friend is a diesel nut too, and after seeing some PPE chipped Duramax's, I was speechless

Me? Edge Juice. Nothing special. Supposed to be +100hp/250ft-lbs, but I don't know how true that is. I'm running 14.xx 1/4 mile times so I'm not setting any records. PPE's Duramax programmers are really good. Their Cummins stuff is good too, but they're more known for Duramax programming.

SKR
01-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by TimeAttack
As long as you're out at race city this year if/when the track opens and show your support.

A fast truck doesn't make sense to me because, you can't road race/autocross and for drag racing its a huge self inflicted handicap to try and run a fast ET at the track with 3 tonns and no aero.

Some people like trucks, and if that's all you know and you're happy with it then mod away.

Sure, but a fast street car won't beat an F1 car on a road course or a top fuel dragster on a quarter mile. There will always be something faster than what you've got, whether it's a truck or a car, but the fun comes from making your car or truck better than someone else's similar car or truck. There's a guy on one of the diesel forums I go to that has a Dodge Mega Cab with a 6" lift and 37" tires that runs mid 11's. There are lots of things that are quicker than that, but nobody's doing it like he is. That's where we get the fun from. If we can surprise a few car drivers at the same time, then that's a nice bonus, but really we're racing ourselves first and everyone else second.

TimeAttack
01-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SKR

Sure, but a fast street car won't beat an F1 car on a road course or a top fuel dragster on a quarter mile. There will always be something faster than what you've got, whether it's a truck or a car, but the fun comes from making your car or truck better than someone else's similar car or truck. There's a guy on one of the diesel forums I go to that has a Dodge Mega Cab with a 6" lift and 37" tires that runs mid 11's. There are lots of things that are quicker than that, but nobody's doing it like he is. That's where we get the fun from. If we can surprise a few car drivers at the same time, then that's a nice bonus, but really we're racing ourselves first and everyone else second.

The F1/Dragster compare is somewhat false, since these are both illegal to drive on the street.

It's fine if you want to make a truck fast, like I said, if it's all you know and it makes you happy, go for it.

If it's the surprise factor that you are after that's fine too.

But to me it just seems like a lot of needless handicaps you are putting on yourself if your goal is speed.

It all depends what your goal is,
If it's to be the fastest truck, then great
If it's to be in the 10's, then it's maybe time to change chassis'
If it's to take corners, then it's maybe time to change chassis'

My beef is that it's not a flexible platform, you are kinda stuck and limited to only a few types of racing.
Whereas a lot of street cars can do a shootout and do auto/x drag and road racing all in the same day with minimal changes.

To each their own though.:thumbsup:

syritis
01-23-2010, 11:38 PM
400hp 2500lbs car > 1000hp 8000lbs truck.

misterrick
01-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by syritis
400hp 2500lbs car > 1000hp 8000lbs truck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

89s1
01-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by syritis
400hp 2500lbs car > 1000hp 8000lbs truck.

Thanks captain obvious. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the boards Vinny.

sxtasy
01-24-2010, 12:25 AM
OP you got a decent cummins thread started even after that first post :thumbsup:

Originally posted by SKR

I got a full billet transmission from NADP a couple years ago, so I'm good to go there. All I've got for other mods is an S&B intake, MRBP 4" duals and an Edge Juice/Attitude. Once funds allow I'll go turbo/studs/intercooler, and then lift pump and CP3.
Good lookin truck!

Here is my work truck all shined up:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/justin240/IMG_2075-2.jpg

I've got a Smarty tuner, Southbend clutch, Glacier lift pump, Quadzilla Boost Fooler, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, BD short shifter and lots of other goodies.

But I got to say the Dodge Cummins is a huge money pit
:(

5fivespeed
01-24-2010, 12:35 AM
^^ Your work truck is boss.

OP - Nice truck, hope to see you at Race City one day!

Ray

sxtasy
01-24-2010, 01:11 AM

The majority of my modding and having a truck for that matter has been for towing for work. If you have ever towed a trailer up a hill with a gutless gasser or stock diesel then you can understand how frustrating it is.

An older pic, but what I tow around: 21,000gvw
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/justin240/ThailandVietnam295.jpg

And with a travel trailer, I can do 110 up rogers pass:)

psycoticclown
01-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
LOL @ the ass-clowns that thinks Hemi 1500 & 2500's are fast. Thats what I drive for a work truck and those are slower then the second coming of Christ almost. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

I know way too many guys like that. Hilarious cause my roommate thinks that if he put 12k into his truck, it'll be faster than mine... doesn't realize that if I put 12k into my car, I'll be running low 12's or 11's :nut: Or 12k into tons of imports will make them faster haha.

sevewone
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM

The majority of my modding and having a truck for that matter has been for towing for work. If you have ever towed a trailer up a hill with a gutless gasser or stock diesel then you can understand how frustrating it is.

And with a travel trailer, I can do 110 up rogers pass:)

my pop's old 03 powerstroke could do about 100 around rogers pass with 17000. Its funny when you start passing civics while pulling a fully loaded RV.

Darell_n
01-24-2010, 02:15 AM

The reason I race mine is where else can you buy 350+ hp for $25k brand new. Plus I have all the room in the world to modify it and it's easy to work on without being a contortionist. 0-60mph in less than 4 seconds and can carry 1500 lbs make it all I need.

luxor
01-24-2010, 02:40 AM

Hahaha if you're gonna bash a truck guy be more original, that's gotta be the most commonly used stereotype out there.

Common or not it's true, and the higher you lift your truck the shorter your cock.

Speaking or originality, we all know you can't be more original than lifting a truck with obnoxiously annoying mufflers-that puffs a ton of black smoke. Oh don't forget about those ugly black rims that every pickup is running around town, must be some redneck group buy.

Just to comment a few things: Make sure your lift is higher in the front so you eat the wind on the highways. Install some blue ricer HIDs to blind all oncoming traffic. Take off your mud flaps so you spray debris everywhere. Buy extra wide rims so your wheel and tires stick out four inches. Get some flame decals. Tint all your windows. Start tail gating everyone to try and intimidate them to think how bad ass you really are in a big truck.

After you do all those things, every Calgary driver will envy how cool you are.

Trucks are for hauling and towing, not modding and making them look stupid (along with yourself), unless you're a farm boy.

5fivespeed
01-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Jeez, a bit harsh?

Ray

SKR
01-24-2010, 07:36 AM

The F1/Dragster compare is somewhat false, since these are both illegal to drive on the street.

It's fine if you want to make a truck fast, like I said, if it's all you know and it makes you happy, go for it.

If it's the surprise factor that you are after that's fine too.

But to me it just seems like a lot of needless handicaps you are putting on yourself if your goal is speed.

It all depends what your goal is,
If it's to be the fastest truck, then great
If it's to be in the 10's, then it's maybe time to change chassis'
If it's to take corners, then it's maybe time to change chassis'

My beef is that it's not a flexible platform, you are kinda stuck and limited to only a few types of racing.
Whereas a lot of street cars can do a shootout and do auto/x drag and road racing all in the same day with minimal changes.

To each their own though.:thumbsup:

It's easier to build a fast car than a fast truck, sure, but it's easier still if you shitcan the streetability and build a dedicated race car. If your goal is strictly speed, you wouldn't want something streetable. That's the point, that if you want something else too, you have to make concessions. Handcuffing ourselves to a 7000lb truck is what we concede.

Good lookin truck!

Here is my work truck all shined up:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/justin240/IMG_2075-2.jpg

I've got a Smarty tuner, Southbend clutch, Glacier lift pump, Quadzilla Boost Fooler, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, BD short shifter and lots of other goodies.

But I got to say the Dodge Cummins is a huge money pit
:(

That's a really good looking truck.

Originally posted by luxor

Common or not it's true, and the higher you lift your truck the shorter your cock.

Speaking or originality, we all know you can't be more original than lifting a truck with obnoxiously annoying mufflers-that puffs a ton of black smoke. Oh don't forget about those ugly black rims that every pickup is running around town, must be some redneck group buy.

Just to comment a few things: Make sure your lift is higher in the front so you eat the wind on the highways. Install some blue ricer HIDs to blind all oncoming traffic. Take off your mud flaps so you spray debris everywhere. Buy extra wide rims so your wheel and tires stick out four inches. Get some flame decals. Tint all your windows. Start tail gating everyone to try and intimidate them to think how bad ass you really are in a big truck.

After you do all those things, every Calgary driver will envy how cool you are.

Trucks are for hauling and towing, not modding and making them look stupid (along with yourself), unless you're a farm boy.

I love the characters on Beyond.

Vince1
01-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Awesome truck dude, you must have a pretty small cock like me eh?

SKR
01-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Awesome truck dude, you must have a pretty small cock like me eh?

Tiny. Me and my needle dick spent a couple hours this morning helping cars out of snow drifts. It's blizzarding like a bastard here. It's kind of a mixed bag for these car owners today. Huge dicks that do not need to be compensated for, but no traction. Luckily I was there to push or pull them out so they could go home and fuck their girlfriends, or whatever it is you do with a big dick. I wouldn't know.

95teetee
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Haha, the first post reminded me of my roommate when he first got his truck. He thought it was so fast, stock 06 Dodge Ram 1500. Remember him bragging about how much power the hemi put out and no import cars could take him and that my little rice burner wouldn't be able to keep up haha. Shut up quick after he lined up against me... yeah, the hemi owners around here are waaay worse than the diesel owners.

alloroc
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Mo-par owners know that the 'hemi' was invented in 1901 and nearly every automaker on the planet uses or has used a hemispherical head in one of its models.

Darell_n
01-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
yeah, the hemi owners around here are waaay worse than the diesel owners.

Yet still not as bad as the JDM crowd. I live in Cochrane surrounded by obnoxious diesel trucks and it's a toss up to which I would rather be around.

Vanner
01-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Nice truck you have, I'm not really a truck guy myself - but a nice truck anyway. To each their own tastes, that's all there is. If you wanna mod up your truck - go ahead, it's your money and if that makes you happy - why not?

IMO, today's trucks aren't all that speculator. It's only my opinion - am I clear? I just think they're ordinary is all. I've drove some trucks from time to time at work (not mine) and I find them too big in size and not to my taste.

But hey, if it make you happy... that good enough!

BenC
01-24-2010, 01:14 PM
... and I date an Asian girl so F that...

Pics?

Cooked Rice
01-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I've been looking for a chevy regular cab stepside/shortbox for a new project. But I want to do a BB 502 or something along those lines :D

But I guess if you had deep pockets, you could go with this
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/EngineShowcase/index.jsp?engId=ZZ572720&engine=ZZ%20572/720R&sku=12498827&engCat=bb

beautiful motor.

Unknown303
01-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Nice to see some diesel guys on the forum. I really have to dino my Duramax sometime when I'm rolling the +120hp tune in it.

Graham_A_M
01-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SKR

Tiny. Me and my needle dick spent a couple hours this morning helping cars out of snow drifts. It's blizzarding like a bastard here. It's kind of a mixed bag for these car owners today. Huge dicks that do not need to be compensated for, but no traction. Luckily I was there to push or pull them out so they could go home and fuck their girlfriends, or whatever it is you do with a big dick. I wouldn't know.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

89s1
01-24-2010, 09:58 PM
lol

Dino:
http://www.curatormagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dinosaur.jpg

Dyno:
http://image.dieselpowermag.com/f/9111380/0704dp_03_z+living_with_biodiesel+truck_on_dyno.jpg
I figure the truck pic suits the thread.

aristocrat
01-24-2010, 10:10 PM
^^^^^

Win.

Im a diesel guy too, but my dick is average-sized cause i've got only a 2.4L in my toyota haha.

scat19
01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by BenC

Pics?

lmao I was going to do the exact same thing.

Graham_A_M
01-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
http://image.dieselpowermag.com/f/9111380/0704dp_03_z+living_with_biodiesel+truck_on_dyno.jpg
I figure the truck pic suits the thread.
wow that truck is beat to piss with bald tires. :nut:

Sentry
01-26-2010, 12:02 AM
I've got a 1.6L therefore my dong is HUGE.

Vince1
01-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Sentry
I've got a 1.6L therefore my dong is HUGE.

That's it I'm buying a smart car.

Neil4Speed
01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey Vince1, whats a Banana Republic Soundtrack?

scat19
01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
+ pics of asian GF. ty.

methodicreign
01-27-2010, 09:50 AM
DAMN IT, now I miss my dodge again, it was a gas but still, i never should have sold that thing.
DAMN.

Vince1
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hey Vince1, whats a Banana Republic Soundtrack?

You know, that music they play at Banana Republic... How do I know that? Just cuz I'm a dieselhead doesn't mean I don't dress nice when I'm not at work, I sure don't wear Carhartts when we go out for sushi... IMO time and place for everything... I don't purposely roll coal into people's windows either, it's just that the "Hi I'm the new guy on the site" approach doesn't make for a good 80+ replies thread, ya know? So don't cut me off 'just cuz ur in a 6 digit faster ride, and we'll get along great.

And I'm not posting pics of my GF, shit her brother's prolly on here and he ain't a fan (with valid reason, I will admit, not discussing that one either) hahahaha plus she doesn't like her pic taken... so assume whatever makes you feel good, can't help you out there.

scat19
01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Standard beyond protocol about the pics. You'll learn.

Neil4Speed
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM

You know, that music they play at Banana Republic... How do I know that? Just cuz I'm a dieselhead doesn't mean I don't dress nice when I'm not at work, I sure don't wear Carhartts when we go out for sushi... IMO time and place for everything... I don't purposely roll coal into people's windows either, it's just that the "Hi I'm the new guy on the site" approach doesn't make for a good 80+ replies thread, ya know? So don't cut me off 'just cuz ur in a 6 digit faster ride, and we'll get along great.

Oh, I was just wondering since I kind of like the music at Banana Republic for the office, you know time and place for everything right.

I thought you may have worked there.

Enjoy your time on beyond