PDA

View Full Version : waht a way to end my 18th birthday, fixing someones body.

finboy
08-28-2002, 02:15 AM
after smoking a mustang GT, i was cruizing downtow with my buddy and another friend who was in his v8 rx7. so we are coming northbound on 1st SE, 1 way and we get to the c-train tracks like this...

Me, focus, rx7

i launch from 4 and spin the tires.

my friend says i'm in the turn lane. i thought it was only me with a turn lane (nope, dual turn lane), so i thought i'll go straight, illegal, but no cops. light goes green, i roll forward (about a quarter throttle) and see a cement barrier, then the focus in front of me. it was turning from the second turn lane that i didn't notice.

bump.

a stream of curses and insuts come from her mouth, so i pull over, and appolagize, she keeps going and my friend (6'4 255 lbs) says "shut the fock up, it was an accident" she shuts up, i see the damage, twoonie siced dent above driver rear wheel, my paint rubbed on her bumper with a couple small chips.

her passangers are fine, but one tried to get us to admit to drag racing, saying that he respected the fact that we were doing it (right, cause i was born yesterday). she got my info, i'll call her tommorow. she wants to take it to insurance.

where should i suggest she go? what can i do to keep it out of insurance? it looks like she only needs the bump popped out, and the bumper resprayed. the same passenger said "looks like a new bumper". tool.

*EDIT*understand better now?*EDIT*

G
08-28-2002, 09:37 AM
Speak english?

Ed the SOHC
08-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by finboy
after smoking a mustang GT, i was cruizing downtow with my buddy and another friend who was in his v8 rx7.

Interesting story but what's a v8 rx7???:dunno:

finboy
08-28-2002, 09:49 AM
the guy bought an rx7 with a chevy 350 shoe horned in between the fenders.

forgive the spelling in the previous post, i was not fully awake.

Ferio_vti
08-28-2002, 09:50 AM
GSpot
Speak english?

Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
v8 rx7???:dunno:

Okay, so what is going on here?? I had to read finboy's post 2-3tiimes, and I still don't know wtf he's trying to say

V8 RX7?? What happened to rotary power??

finboy
08-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Okay, so what is going on here?? I had to read finboy's post 2-3tiimes, and I still don't know wtf he's trying to say

V8 RX7?? What happened to rotary power??

it has been edited.

the rotary got chucked in favour of a v8 by the previous owner.

boi-alien
08-28-2002, 11:04 AM
just tell her you'll settle it outside insurance, it doesn't matter if she goes through insurance or not, you just have to pay her insurance company and that'll work out as well. you have all her information right? just give her insurance company a call and ask them about it, then give your own insurance company a call let them know that this has happened but you've decided not to go through insurance.

finboy
08-28-2002, 11:33 AM
cool, i'm talking to her later tonight.

Audi Kid
08-28-2002, 05:49 PM
u smoked a mustang gt in your jetta?

shadowz
08-29-2002, 02:57 AM
That wasnt too smart dude

Ferio_vti
08-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
That wasnt too smart dude

You also should never say sorry at an accident. They'll take that and make you at fault for everything. And they may even twist the word 'sorry' in any police report.

kenny
08-29-2002, 10:04 AM
I've witnessed a few close calls downtown with the same scenario as this... unfortunately, you actually smoked someone. No offense, but even if it wasn't dual turns, its pretty dumb to just go straight without checking if there are other cars. You were in a turn only lane, and they are marked as such for a reason.

Ferio_vti
08-29-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by kenny
I've witnessed a few close calls downtown with the same scenario as this... unfortunately, you actually smoked someone. No offense, but even if it wasn't dual turns, its pretty dumb to just go straight without checking if there are other cars. You were in a turn only lane, and they are marked as such for a reason.

Yah, no offence but you fall into the stupid driver category. Like the drivers they feature on TLC specials, ie. backing up on a highway to get onto an off ramp. You should have just made the left turn and legally and SAFELY turned around somewhere else.

choweyt3t4
08-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by finboy
after smoking a mustang GT, i was cruizing downtow with my buddy and another friend who was in his v8 rx7. so we are coming northbound on 1st SE, 1 way and we get to the c-train tracks like this...

Me, focus, rx7

i launch from 4 and spin the tires.

my friend says i'm in the turn lane. i thought it was only me with a turn lane (nope, dual turn lane), so i thought i'll go straight, illegal, but no cops. light goes green, i roll forward (about a quarter throttle) and see a cement barrier, then the focus in front of me. it was turning from the second turn lane that i didn't notice.

bump.

a stream of curses and insuts come from her mouth, so i pull over, and appolagize, she keeps going and my friend (6'4 255 lbs) says "shut the fock up, it was an accident" she shuts up, i see the damage, twoonie siced dent above driver rear wheel, my paint rubbed on her bumper with a couple small chips.

her passangers are fine, but one tried to get us to admit to drag racing, saying that he respected the fact that we were doing it (right, cause i was born yesterday). she got my info, i'll call her tommorow. she wants to take it to insurance.

where should i suggest she go? what can i do to keep it out of insurance? it looks like she only needs the bump popped out, and the bumper resprayed. the same passenger said "looks like a new bumper". tool.

*EDIT*understand better now?*EDIT* you smoked a mustang???was it a 5.0????and what you got in your jetta?i dont mean to sound blunt but how the hell does a jetta smoke a mustang?

finboy
08-29-2002, 12:11 PM
not the jetta, the daytona, and i believe it was a 4.6 mustang.

the jetta isn't moving, it is getting a new clutch in vulcan (long story).

usually i would be paying more attention, but i was tired as hell, and just wasn't paying attention. how many of you can say that you are paying full attention to the road all the time. i'm not one of the only people on this board to get into an accident, i have read about others.

ninjak84
08-29-2002, 01:28 PM
i would never break the law over a focus

GT2NV
08-29-2002, 05:22 PM
lol yeah man i agree btw it was nice meetin u at drag warz ningak with the 240:thumbsup:

ninjak84
08-29-2002, 09:23 PM
hey, it was nice meetin you too
thanks for willing to lend me a helmet as well, i wanted to race loaf's integra SO badly...

[GaGe]
08-29-2002, 11:12 PM
Happy Birthday! :thumbsup: :rofl:

300rwhp
08-30-2002, 12:16 AM
what was done to you daytona? stock it wouldnt come close to the stang

finboy
08-30-2002, 11:51 AM
garret 89
intercooled
ported head
3 inch exhaust
cone filter (keeps the turbo breathing)
13 lbs of boost (20 after i get those bigger injectors)
Talon BOV
trip computer
etc.

300rwhp
09-07-2002, 01:47 PM
that sound like its only good for low 15 or high 14? lots of stangs would leave ya behind.

GTS Jeff
09-08-2002, 12:15 AM
this is what happens to people who type with "z"s in the place of "s"s

finboy
09-08-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
that sound like its only good for low 15 or high 14? lots of stangs would leave ya behind.

pretty sure it was a 4.6 man. not that great. non stock ones will rape me until spring time...then it as a whole new ballgame.

i have my 5th injector, i'm getting some new tires/rims soon (still dodge items, but hey), and hopefully a diode. 16-18 lbs of boost and to race city i go before they close. i have to change those other 2 motor mounts too :D .

ninspeed
09-09-2002, 11:36 PM
a 5th injector???

ConVict
09-10-2002, 01:14 AM
gets more gas into the engine.... isnt all to common, but some people do it..

finboy
09-11-2002, 01:39 PM
its common practice in the turbo dodge community next to larger injectors...

more fuel = more boost.

my plan is to run 20% larger injectors, and when those run out of steam, have the 5th injector (turned on and off by a pressure activated switch) kick in for more boost.

MistaBrent
09-12-2002, 05:09 AM
definetly get in touch with me, would love to race my gt against you just to make sure this is infact true that you beat a gt.

Sounds like you prob smoked a v6 mustang not a gt.

definetly PM me and we should set up a race.

i got to see this.

-Mista Brent

finboy
09-12-2002, 12:29 PM
your newer gt would lay an ass kickin on me now. the 99+ are my next bench mark to beat with about 20 psi. a race would be fun though.

finboy
09-12-2002, 12:32 PM
here we go...

2001 mustang GT 0-60 in 5.4 1/4 in 14 @ 100 mph

1995 mustang GT 0-60 in 6.5 1/4 in 15.2 @ 93 mph <----thats about what i raced.

MistaBrent
09-12-2002, 04:37 PM
sounds good.

if you still wanna race though let me know.

would definetly be fun and close.

finboy
09-12-2002, 07:05 PM
hell ya.

might be in a couple weeks though. hope you don't mind. i have to take care of this accident, and sell my jetta, and get school back on track (i've been busy).

what mods you have done?
tranny?

finboy
09-13-2002, 12:51 AM
update:

ticket

failing to obey traffic control device (as a result of the biotch going to the police with her false estimate trying to get me charged, even though she said it was no issue).

funny part is i can't even get the estimate because she won't take my calls, wasn't there when she told me to come pick it up, and expects 1500 for a scratched bumper (all new paint job, special clear coat, new wheel, take off all trim, realign door, etc.)

i'm taking the tickets to court, and under advisment from my dad, if she doesn't take it for 2 other quotes, and falsifys the claim, we'll take her out for insurance fraud.