PDA

View Full Version : Chianti on 17th

cancer man
01-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Went there last night..
This used to be my favorite place.
Food served frozen in the middle and this is Veal.
My wifes Gnocchi very mushy.
The salad dressing that they used to be famous for completely changed.
The last time i was there was probably 8 months ago did ownership change?
The service was great but we did'nt stay for Dessert.

Food 1/5
Service 4/5

I left broken hearted.

Oh and the veggies not fit for pigs.

bignerd
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
No more salad dressing? :( Seriously, it was very very good.

Maybe try the Chianti's on 32nd, we have been there quite a bit (although not recently) but the manager there is very on top of things (if it is the same one) and always corrected any issues asap. As well the staff stayed pretty much the same there also so was pretty consistent as far as service.

I remember when it use to be 5.99 pasta night now it is 7.99.

Isaiah
01-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Chianti was dynamite about 15 years ago but there was an initial change of ownership quite a few years ago and it went downhill from there. I believe there's been a more recent change of ownership as well but regardless, it'll never be what it was. I understand they also bought Fiore a few years back. That place was great too but then went to the shitter.

Jeremiah
01-24-2010, 11:45 AM
I used to like Chianti's as a child, but I went to the one on 17th a couple years ago and found it absolutely disgusting, i sent back my food and wouldn't try anything else...

If i'm going somewhere for pasta I at the very least expect it to taste better than something I could throw together in 10 minutes

Mibz
01-24-2010, 11:47 AM
The one in Willow Park isn't terrible, but we only get food from there when we want take-out Italian.

Isaiah
01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I didn't find Willow Park any better than 17th. In fact, I used to be a regular at the Crowfoot location because the service was terrific. It just got to the point where the food was so bad that it far outweighed the good service so I couldn't do it anymore. The last time I went, the food tasted like metal. At first I thought it was the seafood appetizer but the entree had the same taste to it.

Lex350
01-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Chianti's was good years ago. Now it is the McDonalds of Italian food.

n1zm0
01-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Maybe try the Chianti's on 32nd, we have been there quite a bit (although not recently) but the manager there is very on top of things (if it is the same one) and always corrected any issues asap. As well the staff stayed pretty much the same there also so was pretty consistent as far as service.

I remember when it use to be 5.99 pasta night now it is 7.99.

my classmates and I used to go to this one almost once a week when i was at Sait Aerospace, never did they fk up once in the 2 years i was going there, food and service was always top notch.

the one in willowpark however, brought my gf there about a year ago, bad experience, wouldnt go back anytime soon.

Alterac
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
I found the one in crowfoot sucks also, so im sticking to only the 32nd ave one, it seems the best.

cancer man
01-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I'll try 32nd and see..17th broke my heart.

nonlinear
01-24-2010, 01:22 PM
IMO Chianti's is leagues above, say, Olive Garden or Boston Pizza, so it's most definitely NOT the McDonalds of italian haha. that said, the food isn't the greatest... but I do find it a good value on the cheap pasta nights, when pasta islike $8 or whatever. However, i don't think it's worth the $16 that they usually charge.

i went to the willow park location on cheap pasta night once and found a fucking hair intertwined in my pasta. actually, i had swallowed some of it and thus had to pull the hair out of my fucking throat. it was disgusting :barf: :barf: :barf: i immediately gave it to the manager, who of course rushed it away and offered me something else. i was too grossed out to eat anything else there, though, and didn't go back for about a year. we've been a couple of times in the past couple of months, and it's been OK.

it just gets WAY TOO BUSY in there on cheap pasta nights. i hate having to basically share a table with complete strangers because they cram them in there so focking tight. this isn't the czech republic for christ sakes!!!

red99600
01-24-2010, 03:05 PM
we ate at 17th few months ago and it was terrible.

food was terrible and the service was worse.
we had this man server who reeked of cigarettes and booze. he seemed really impatient when taking my order.
and to top it off, there was metal sos pad in my food.

absolutely terrible. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Boat
01-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Its really interesting hearing all of your guys opinions.

The Chianti's on 32nd is amazing! I'm glad its getting the recognition it deserves. The level of quality is excellent and I am impressed every time I go.

I don't bother with the other locations. I haven't been to the 17th ave one, but the Crowfoot location is nothing to write home about.

Chianti's on 32nd FTW

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cooked Rice
01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Only thing I'm not a fan of is the interior of Chianti's really need a face lift.

Weapon_R
01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Boat
Its really interesting hearing all of your guys opinions.

The Chianti's on 32nd is amazing! I'm glad its getting the recognition it deserves. The level of quality is excellent and I am impressed every time I go.

I don't bother with the other locations. I haven't been to the 17th ave one, but the Crowfoot location is nothing to write home about.

Chianti's on 32nd FTW

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:werd:

That older white manager is great! He always makes our experience good.

xxxazntigerxx
01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
^^ i like the flip guy hes always cool

RY213
01-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Ive had several bad experiences at Chiantis on 17th. My friend ordered some chicken there that was rotten, it had that bad sour-like smell when it was served to him. I agree that the 32nd location is good though, ive always had good service there and this seems like the only location that gives you vinegar and evoo with your bread...

2Valve0
01-25-2010, 01:50 AM
I ordered spag. and meatballs meatballs were ice cold and spag. came hard. It was the absolute worst dining experience I have ever had in my life.
I told the manager what I thought, told him I would never eat there again, didnt pay the bill and left.

I will never in my life eat at any of these places in my life, I am disgusted by there service and food.

GQBalla
01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
the one in crowfoot always seems consistent, decent and you get the vinegar and oil with the bread there too

cancer man
01-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I'am getting the salad dressing recipe today from the original owner later on today.
I'LL post it up later on today.Best salad dressing ever.

aaronck
01-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
I'am getting the salad dressing recipe today from the original owner later on today.
I'LL post it up later on today.Best salad dressing ever.

If you're talking the Caesar dressing, I totally agree-Chianti's and 4th street Rose were both worth going to for the Caesar salad alone-not sure why more restaurants don't make it as it's supposed to be made-with lots of Anchovy!

nonlinear
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM
i'm looking forward to the dressing recipe as well :thumbsup:

BigDL
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
I could eat that Caesar salad all day long.

bignerd
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I am hoping they mean the house dressing(or just the garden salad dressing), not sure how they make it but it is so light and almost fluffy?

Looking forward to the recipe!!

aaronck
01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I used to go to the WillowPark location often for cheap Pastas Mondays and Tuesdays-I think they used the same dressing on both Caesar and spinich salads

Afrodeziak
01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
ate at the 17th location last week. Was a small hair in my food.

I could care less, meh.. grosses me out, sure, but not enough for me to make a scene out of my $8 plate of food.

I guess I had "the hunger" , lol

adidas
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
We used to be regulars at the 32nd ave location on mondays for quite a few months. They knew exactly what we wanted, appys, entrees, drinks. haha

I must say that they got the best team. Everyone is ontop of their game and get everything out promptly and correct. After eating at the other locations, the 32nd ave Chiantis is the only one i will go to.

The manager(old guy) is awesome, so is the asian(darker skinned) guy.

bignerd
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by adidas
We used to be regulars at the 32nd ave location on mondays for quite a few months. They knew exactly what we wanted, appys, entrees, drinks. haha

I must say that they got the best team. Everyone is ontop of their game and get everything out promptly and correct. After eating at the other locations, the 32nd ave Chiantis is the only one i will go to.

The manager(old guy) is awesome, so is the asian(darker skinned) guy.

I think it must be one of the better run locations, the older manager has been there a while and so has the "kid" everyone keeps mentioning. I wondered why someone would want to work there for years and years but it must be a good place to work, and if it is a good place to work then usually everything else is in similar order and working well too.

nonlinear
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
i've never been to the one on 32nd, but i have been to willow park, 17th, and crowfoot. the one at crowfoot has the most 'upscale' interior, IMO, and they also give you olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip your bread in, which is pretty nice. I've always had good food and service at the 17th location, and the tables are spaced far enough apart that you can have a semi-private convo at your table. the one at willow park is the worst, IMO. there is often a 15 minute wait on the cheap nights, and the tables are so crammed in that you're often essentially sitting at the same table as strangers (ok, maybe there is a 12" gap, but c'mon!). I've also had consistently poorer/slower service at that location, and also there was the time that i had to pull that hair out of my throat :barf:

i'll have to try out the 32nd ave location next time i'm in the area.

masoncgy
01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
The Chianti's on 32nd gets a thumbs up from me too... always great service & quality product at that location.

Such a step up from the Moxie's it used to be... lol.. anyone remember that? ;)

clem24
01-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
the one in crowfoot always seems consistent, decent and you get the vinegar and oil with the bread there too

+1. I would tend to agree the food is not up to par with "real" Italian restaurants, but then again, when you get $8 pasta night, who are you to argue with? Secondly, I still stand by this one: (at least the Crowfoot location) still makes absolutely the best baked lasagna just about anywhere. I've had it from many places, but for some reason, this is still my fave. Everything on the menu you can forget. And for $8, I say why not.

bignerd
01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Still waiting for that salad dressing recipe.....:drool:

urban_chic
01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
I ordered spag. and meatballs meatballs were ice cold and spag. came hard. It was the absolute worst dining experience I have ever had in my life.
I told the manager what I thought, told him I would never eat there again, didnt pay the bill and left.

I will never in my life eat at any of these places in my life, I am disgusted by there service and food. :werd:

cancer man
01-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
Still waiting for that salad dressing recipe.....:drool:

Just bear with me it's coming hopefully today..
I just checked my e-mail..

Caesar Salad..

1 garlic clove
1/2 tsb seasoned salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 drps of Worcestershire sauce
2 drops of Tabasco
1 lemon freshly squeezed
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp anchovies (paste)
2 tbsp roka cheese
1 tbsp milk
2 1/2 tbsp sour cream

Blend it together and good to go.

The other recipe he'll have later today.(my favorite)